How far do you have to travel on Black Friday?

sweetdiggity

About 15-20 miles from where we usually do BF

We are actually between two towns that both have a Target, Walmart and K-mart but we choose to go to the bigger town that has a Target, Walmart, BB within a mile of each other. The bigger town also has two malls, Kohls, old navy and a lot more...

But after we are done in the big town my mom and sis head home but I go on to the smaller town (around 8-9am) and double check at that Target and Walmart for anything we missed or things that we know will not be gone by than (like bedding, misc. movies/cds) and pick it up then.

I drive about 20 minutes to my mom's side of town and we shop together. Any major store you could possibly want to shop at is within 5 minutes of her house. Well- on a normal day anyway! There are lots of smaller stores that are great to shop at too in the cities if you feel like taking the time to drive. That's the good thing about living in Hampton Roads but the traffic is terrible!!!

I am lucky enough to have Target located less than 5 minutes from my home. It would take me roughly 10 minutes to get to the nearest shopping mall, with stores such as Best Buy, Circuit City, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kmart, and several Gamestop stores surrounding it. If I need to go to the outlets, the closest ones would be roughly 30 minutes away.

i'm lucky. no matter if i'm in chattanooga with my mom or at home in marietta, ga...i'm less than 5 miles from either a shopping mall, walmart or target. this year i'm gonna try shopping in marietta because i'm remodeling my basement and hope to cash in on some home furnishings and electronics...;)

Wow some of you have really long drives! I feel lucky now.

Menards = 4 miles

Walmart = 4 1/2 miles

Target = 6 miles

Best Buy = 9 miles A new one was just built by us.

Meijer = 9 miles

So it all depends on where I decide to go. That depends on who has what I need and the best deals.

For me it has changed each of the past two years and again this year. In 2006 my family got together on the west side of Chicago and we were in a hotel just 5 minutes away from a cluster of stores. Last year I drove about 15 miles out to a retail cluster in the Nassau Hub area of Long Island. This year, I will be at my traditional Thanksgiving destination south of Weatherford, Texas, and will drive about 25 miles to the Hulen Mall area of western Fort Worth, where most chain stores can be found.

I'll be driving 3.5 hours each way to do my shopping this year. (Ok, I could shop closer to home but we moved this year and I just can't break up with my old favorite haunts) I'm staying with a friend who hates BF on Thanksgiving night so I can be in line by 2:30 or so on BF.

I live about 2 miles away from one of the largest roads here that has all of the large stores on it like Best Buy, Target, Home Depot, Circuit City, local mall, etc. so not far at all :)

However, if I want to travel to the bigger mall with the nicer stores, its about 20 minutes.