BF Early Speculation

wolfrhk

I know its a bit early, but since I work at Staples I thought I'd give a heads up.. It looks like we got a new Tomtom unit in this week, the Tomtom 125. From the packaging it appears IDENTICAL to the specs and description of the Tomtom 130, except in a red package instead of green. The list price looked to be around $150, and was listed as a Promo item. Considering its not listed on Tomtom's own website, my gut feeling says this is a possible BF item, and if so will probably go for around $100 on that day.

Sorry if this post is way too early, but those wanting to buy a Tomtom soon should probably wait a little while longer ;)

Thanks for the information! Staples is the place I go every year. Luckily In my area I only have to show up 3 - 2 1/2 hours early to be near the front of the line (knock on wood). I might be interested in a GPS this year, but I usually try to get all the hard drives and flash drives. I'm getting excited now as we finally have a post in this forum.

Two more promotional items came in this week:

Flip Video Camera SKU# 721420, currently priced at $150

8GB Nano & Accesories Package SKU# 758658, currently priced at $200

Includes screen proctectors, silicone skin, Y-cable audio splitter, FM Transmitter, AC charger, DC charger. This Nano looks to be the newest generation, rectangular (not square) with the larger vertical screen.

The belief amongst the associates in store is that these items will part of the BF ad. No further details so far, just feeding into speculation. Hope this is helping someone out there.

Is Tom Tom a good gps? I am always hearing that Magellan is the best or Garmin is the best. I never hear it about Tom Tom.

I think the real debate over GPS units is between TomTom and Garmin.

From personal experience (I've used both), I think TomTom is more accurate, and has more information on the display than Garmin, but the Garmin might be slightly easier to program.

Our listing agent has a Magellan that requires you to enter the Zip Code (not the city/state) of any address you want to visit (unless it's already in the POI list). That's a pain when the address you have might be from an ad that says "100 Main St., Anytown, PA", or the address given to you from a friend, "I live on 233 Elm St. over in Columbus." You would have to go to USPS.com and look up the Zip Code - an extra step. Her Magellan is ancient, they might have changed the system since then.

I have a TomTom (we call it Tommy) and love it. I bought it at Staples last year, and it was about $150 with a bonus $25 or $20 gift card. They couldn't get the gift card to work so they just took it off the price.

I use it all the time. It is very user friendly. Since seeing mine, several of my friends have bought a TomTom. I'm planning on buying my parents one for Christmas if I can find one cheap enough. I'm hoping Staples has the better price, or I'll be heading to Sears for their TomTom.

My daughter gave me a Tom Tom for my birthday this year, and I love it!! It has Bluetooth, and so does my cell phone, which means I can use it as a hands free talking device. It's illegal to talk and drive where I live. It redirects you if you make a wrong turn, I did it on purpose just to test it, it gave me complete and accurate directions everytime. And there is a ton of poi's. Everything from dunkin dounuts to walmart, including hilton hotels, gas stations and grocery stores.

Two more promotional items came in this week:

Flip Video Camera SKU# 721420, currently priced at $150

8GB Nano & Accesories Package SKU# 758658, currently priced at $200

Includes screen proctectors, silicone skin, Y-cable audio splitter, FM Transmitter, AC charger, DC charger. This Nano looks to be the newest generation, rectangular (not square) with the larger vertical screen.

The belief amongst the associates in store is that these items will part of the BF ad. No further details so far, just feeding into speculation. Hope this is helping someone out there.

I can't wait to see if the Ipod Nano package is a deal on BF. I'm just dying waiting for all the sales papers to come out.

My daughter gave me a Tom Tom for my birthday this year, and I love it!! It has Bluetooth, and so does my cell phone, which means I can use it as a hands free talking device. It's illegal to talk and drive where I live. It redirects you if you make a wrong turn, I did it on purpose just to test it, it gave me complete and accurate directions everytime. And there is a ton of poi's. Everything from dunkin dounuts to walmart, including hilton hotels, gas stations and grocery stores.

I love that it redirects you if you make a wrong turn. I downloaded the Target locations in my POI's. I love seeing the little bullseye appear on the screen whenever I am around a Target. :yup:

I'm hoping a TomTom is around $100 at Staples. Otherwise I will hit Sears to get one there.

Staples is my favorite BF stop. You don't have to spend a long time in line, and they know where everything is! I quietly recommend it to people though, as everyone is a potential competitor once the doors open at 6am BF!

I prefer Staples also. As compared to BB and CC, I only have to wait in line from 11pm Thursday night.

Working at Staples in the Indiana Ohio region it was stated that we will not have TV's this year in our region.

The Ipod is in the ad starting on Nov 9th. As of now I dont think this will be a black friday item. Looks like several memory cards and flash drives, Tom Tom,, Couple different hard drives. HP/Compaq Laptop dual core 2gb ram.

This is all I have so far. They are being somewhat hush hush more so than ever. Rumor is ad is going to be more conservative this year. We will see though.

Staples usually has some really good deals. Last year I didn't get there until about 10am but they still had plenty of the items I wanted still in stock. The deals were good but other retailers had better deals and even the employees at Staples were surprized at how slow it was for them last year. Part of the reason for it is that a lot of Staples items require you to use rebates on their items and some people just want the item without having to deal with rebates. Last year I spent a few hundred dollars but after the rebates I got about 70% back but it kept me from being able spend that money at other retailers so I limited my spending at Staples.

Luckily where I live Staples, Best Buy, Sears, KMart, and Circuit City are all within 1/4 mile of eachother. The Walmart is about 6 miles away, and pretty much all the other retailers are somewhere in the middle, or still within the 1/4 mile of the others listed above. If you plan to go to more than one store I suggest you map it out and see what is near where you want to go and find a few of the locations close by. I've done that for years before I moved to where I am now and always had success finding the stores I was looking for within short distances of eachother.

I have heard some rumors around my store that Staples is holding way back this black friday with a few great deals but over all a small simple ad so they can spread the deals out over the holiday season...

Too bad for them. By the time they have the other sales I'll be done with my shopping. I get over 90% of it done on Black Friday and rarely pay much attention to the other ads that come out after.

I have heard some rumors around my store that Staples is holding way back this black friday with a few great deals but over all a small simple ad so they can spread the deals out over the holiday season...

Too bad for them. By the time they have the other sales I'll be done with my shopping. I get over 90% of it done on Black Friday and rarely pay much attention to the other ads that come out after.

rumors from employees or because you work there? or rumors from friends?

I HOPE THEY WILL HAVE ANOTHER LAPTOP THIS YEAR BECAUSE I NEED ONE THIS YEAR MINE DIED. MY SONS CAMP OUT THERE FROM THANKSGIVING NIGHT TILL IT OPEN BECAUSE THEY WANTED THE LAPTOP FOR CHRISTMAS SO I TOLD THEM THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO GET IN LINE FOR IT THEY WANTED IT THEY WERE THE FIRST ONE IN WITH (GOLDEN TICKET)COUPON:eyepoppin:D