Target Toy Book

ReillyCheyenne

I know ToysRus has a Toybook but so does Target, right? I think they came out at the same time last year, if that is correct then that means that it should come out on the 26th of Oct. since that is when the TRU book is coming out. Help me out if anyone knows. TIA!:)

I think most of the big toy books and catalogues come out the same weekend. All I know is that I have to get 2 sunday papers that day. One for the kids and one for me so I have my stuff ready.

Having worked at Target for two years (although I haven't worked there for about a year and a half now) and having worked through two holiday seasons, a sure sign that the holidays are coming up is the addition of risers. For those who don't know, risers are additional shelves located on top of the shelving area to place additional product on. You may have specifically noticed that an additional shelf is added to each aisle in the toy department during the holiday season. If you're interested, here's how it works...

Target has a huge backroom in every store to backstock items that don't fit on the shelves. During the holiday season, an extra amount of toys, holiday items, and gift items are ordered and there is no room in the backroom to place them. Soooo here's where the risers come in. Risers are used to place additional stock on. Well, apparently this year, many, many stores will not have these risers put on. If your store does not have risers, it's a good sign that your store will not have a lot of toys coming in this holiday season. So if you plan on doing some toy shopping on BF and your Target doesn't have risers, I'd personally find another store to shop at because there's a good chance that hot toy items will sell out quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked in my early edition sunday newspaper, also, and there was not a Target book in it.

I got 2 sunday papers today, thinking I would give a TRU book to my brother and nephew, only to find there wasn't any in there, and no Target either.

So, back to only having one TRU book. LOL

Not sure if the Target book is out yet. :confused:

If not, I would think it'll be out for sure next weekend.

I asked today too because some toys already have a price reduction with end date of 11/24. He said it was coming out soon. He thought the 6th may have been the day but he could not remember for sure. He also thought it would be released before a Sunday in the stores. Not sure what all that means but he was stocking and stacking as much as he could. Of course, the bakugan section is still sold out. :(

Thanks Ellen. :D

Wow, that is still 12 days to wait.. :mad: If I remember correctly in the past they have had a coupon attached to the book, usually like 10-15 dollars off a 100.00 purchase.

I really wanted it to come out this week. so some of these clearance deals (mentioned in the peruse the perimeter thread) could help with my 100 dollar total... At this rate, the clearance will be gone in 12 days...

I know how you feel. I am sitting on a couple of target gift cards from the pharmacy and they are burning a hole in my pocket. When I was at target yesterday they had a 3 person crew in toys re-adjusting the price tags. This makes me feel that the sale prices in effect are the ones that will be in the book. Why target is waiting I do not know you would think in this economy they would want to get in much money as they can.

Was in the S. 56th St. Target today & they had a rack for the toy book back on an end cap in Toys. It was empty & I was worried I had missed getting one! I asked a CS -- two employees didn't know what I was talking about & another one came up and said that they hadn't put them out yet. She didn't know when they would come out. I think it makes sense they may come out this weekend.

I was in SuperTarget today & saw yet another rack (in the toy section, on an endcap) for the toy catalogs. There was a guy stocking in that aisle so I asked him if he knew when those catalogs would come out. He called someone & was told Nov. 5. Which is this coming Wednesday. If it doesn't come out in the newspaper this weekend, I will check there on Wed. for sure.

All;

Don't know if this is what will be the "official" list, but check out this link for info...

http://attentiontargetshoppers.blogspot.com/2008/10/target-2008-toy-coupon-list.html

That's the one I've seen, too, but I didn't know where it was posted other than other deal boards I can't link here :D

someone posted they found piles of books sitting in their store today. oops... they are not suppose to let them go out early.... check your stores though!

There is a nonworking link on the Target website that says for the toy book and a holiday catalog. Found that when I was reading another thread that linked to the coupons to print out from the Target site. Hopefully it will be in tomorrows paper.

THANK YOU!!!

I just went and viewed and printed my coupons. Thank you again. I have been waiting and waiting for this book.

I asked at my Target and the SA said that they can not put them out until Nov. 5th. However people that have a Target credit card will be getting them in the mail any day now. It just seems weird that they would have it up on their website but not in the papers or in stores yet. Maybe he didnt know what he was talking about?

No toy book here either, but for those of you who are looking to get your DD the Gourmet Cupcake Maker, their ad this week has it for $19.99 which is probably the best price that you'll be able to find it for this season. I went right away and got mine this evening.

What's so important about having the actual toy book in hard copy form when you can #1, look at it online and #2, print the coupons online too?

Personally, I think this is great way for Target to save an money and save trees while they are at it.