Associate Q&A's

Guest RealLivePrinces

Guest RealLivePrinces

This will be my third year helping out GDers. :)

Now that the ad is here, a few things:

1. I don't know what will be online and what won't be; ecommerce is separate from B&M stores. If you know the exact UPC and can PM it to me, I can check their stock on hand, but it's whatever number they happen to have at that exact date and time and can change (or go to 0) pretty quickly.

2. Prices on Wednesday... the best way to get the good prices and avoid lines is to go shopping a couple hours before the store closes the day before Thanksgiving. Because the overnight associates can't set the ad a day before like normal, that's when they work on Black Friday's ad. If you are there and happen to see a Black Friday sale sign already up, cashiers will honor that price at the register. Obviously, the ad set team doesn't take requests. ;) This does not include the camera, GPS thingy, etc, which are wheeled out of the stockroom right before we open.

3. PLEASE keep the gripes out of this thread. I'm trying to help in my spare time, and I really don't appreciate that nonsense brought in after a long day.

4. Jewelry checkout... Stores vary when it comes to checking out in jewelry (and beauty, if your store has locked fragrance cases). My store, for example, allows the locked case item + 5 others. Others just do the jewelry (locked case only, not table or floor fashion). It really depends on how busy they are. To those people who try to use jewelry as an express line or just buy to return later: please be considerate of your fellow customers and jewelry associates. The number sign itself says something about 'this is for fine jewelry only'. It's Black Friday. You're going to wait in line.

5. Holds on Wednesday: most doorbuster items will not be on the floor yet, but most stores will allow holds for other stuff (might not apply to jewelry or small electrics). It's really up to the store. But keep in mind: customer service is closed on BF. You will still have to wait in line.

6. Price adjustments: depends on the store. You will still need to be there during EB hours.

7. Coupons... If you save your pick a day coupon (15%) for this month, it's good on BF! Give an associate your email as you check out (or see the link on the very front page of kohls.com ) and your next email will come with a $5 instore coupon.

The email is for sales alerts and you can unsubscribe at any time. You can stack a percentage coupon and a dollar coupon (ie, the $5 and your pick a day), but only one of each, and the $5 coupons cannot be stacked with another dollar-off coupon.

You do not need a Kohl's charge for the $5 email coupon.

(probably more to come)

Edited by RealLivePrinces

Guest RealLivePrinces

Glad to be here, Brad! And I'm glad to see some familiar faces. :)

October Deals...

Further markdowns on existing clearance 10/20.

Kohl's is currently running Lowest Prices of the Season. Plus, every $50 (any tender) gets you Kohl's cash, which runs I think 10/22-11/1.

Also during LPS, you may be able to get your hands on a Friends and Family coupon (15% off your total) from an associate... good for Oct. 23-26. (And you can use the coupon all 4 days). You can also use the coupon with Kohl's cash (but not other percentage coupons, unless you're an associate).

Guest RealLivePrinces

Probably - depends on the store. But a word of warning: you will not be able to check out at customer service.

Also, most of the doorbuster items will not be put on the floor until Friday just before opening.

Probably - depends on the store. But a word of warning: you will not be able to check out at customer service.

Also, most of the doorbuster items will not be put on the floor until Friday just before opening.

So if everyone that visit's here goes on Wednesday night and asks to have things held for them, it will be over with before Thanksgiving. I wouldn't count on it. As word gets out as it now has, it gets ruined for everyone.:(

The thing I HATE about Kohls is that they move their BF items. Even if you get in line early, you have to locate merchandise in the store. The associates did not know where specific items were. So you skoot over to the digital frames only to find an empty shelf then dash over to jewelry where they are stacked on a table.

Glad to be here, Brad! And I'm glad to see some familiar faces. :)

October Deals...

Further markdowns on existing clearance 10/20.

Kohl's is currently running Lowest Prices of the Season. Plus, every $50 (any tender) gets you Kohl's cash, which runs I think 10/22-11/1.

Also during LPS, you may be able to get your hands on a Friends and Family coupon (15% off your total) from an associate... good for Oct. 23-26. (And you can use the coupon all 4 days). You can also use the coupon with Kohl's cash (but not other percentage coupons, unless you're an associate).

I got a 15% off card in the mail Saturday, and I thought it started today. I found some items on-line I wanted, and I don't want to wait until I am home to place the order. Do you have the code?

The thing I HATE about Kohls is that they move their BF items. Even if you get in line early, you have to locate merchandise in the store. The associates did not know where specific items were. So you skoot over to the digital frames only to find an empty shelf then dash over to jewelry where they are stacked on a table.

I have to agree with this...two BFs ago, I was in line, in the freezing cold, very early in the morning, and all I wanted was the V.Smile that was advertised that came with the console and a dance pad...I got back to toys, and NO ONE knew where this was...we ended up following an associate and waiting outside of a stockroom for them to find out where they were...I was the first person to ask about them, and there were probably 20 people who rushed the associate when they brought out all maybe 7 or 8 that they had, and thankfully, an associate acknowledged that I had asked for one first, and he handed me the last one...talk about some pi$$ed off people!:yup:

But, in any case, Kohl's is ALWAYS one of my first stops, because between their deals and the $10 Kohl's cash for each $50 you spend, you can't beat their deals!

And RLP, so happy to have you back yet again for your "inside info!":cheesy:

Do you know if Kohl's will price match their online sales?

http://www.gottadeal.com/goto.php?http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/clearance/kids1/toys/PRD~260925/FisherPrice+Smart+Cycle+Physical+Learning+Arcade+System.jsp?prtID=pfx&src=k1971&cm_mmc=Performics-_-Affiliate-_-**Slick%20Deals**-_-120x30%20Kohl%27s%20w%2Fborder

The SmartCycle has been in and out of stock for a few days and I was wondering if I copied the ad and brought it in the store would they match the price?

Guest RealLivePrinces

Guys, I'm here to help. I'd appreciate it if negativity could stay out of this thread, it makes it very not fun for me to visit, especially after an 8 hour day!

F&F coupons are instore only.

As long as the item in question is carried in both Kohl's stores and Kohls.com (and it's not identified clearly as an online-only websale), I've never seen a different sale price for the same thing (unless it's clearance). You should be fine, even without the printout.

hpowers - that's why the big doorbuster stuff is completely removed from the floor until just before opening on Friday. And not all stores will do holds, that depends on management. Personally, I think it's unfair too.

RealLivePrincess, do you know if there will be an MVC coupon that can be used on BF? The past couple years there was one, but seeing how I just got one in the mail yesterday that goes until Nov. 4, I'm not so sure now.

I was going to ask the same question. That 15% off on BF is one of the reasons I don't complain about the line.

RealLivePrincess, do you know if there will be an MVC coupon that can be used on BF? The past couple years there was one, but seeing how I just got one in the mail yesterday that goes until Nov. 4, I'm not so sure now.

If there isn't one of the MVC coupons, another option is if you happen to "lose" your card a few weeks before BF, when they send you a replacement card there is usually a 15% coupon that comes with it that is good for several weeks... ;)

Thanks. I'm more thinking clothing than anything else. I like to go on Wednesday and try stuff on and it would be great to have them hold it. No hot items needed.

How does the Kohls Cash come when you order online? I read somewhere that it would arrive via email by 10/23. I don't have anything yet and can't remember where I read that. I really wanted to use it on the current sale, but am running out of time. My order switched to "ready to ship" status today. Where they waiting to be sure it would be fulfilled?

Guest RealLivePrinces

Not sure yet on the charge discount... I'd put money on it and the last few months have established a timing pattern wherein the answer is 'probably'. When I know for sure, I'll post.

I do know there's another $10 thing coming out the first week of Nov to non charge folks.

Hours are 4am-midnight Black Friday. Saturday is 5-12am.

The confusing, poorly built website is separate, staffwise, from B&M stores. At least their customer service seems responsive... try emailing them?

I have a question for you princess! It's not BF related but maybe we could use a Kohls thread on it's own. I think I already know the answer to this but I earned Kohls cash last week. My receipt shows that it was activated. I don't know if I lost it, my kids did something with it or if I just never got it in the 1st place (I was distracted). Can it be replaced or am I just SOOL?

TIA.

And thanks for doing this thread again. It was very helpful last year.

Guest RealLivePrinces
I'm sorry, I wish I had better news. :( There is no way to look that up. You can try taking your receipt to customer service and pleading your case... but that's just money out the door for the company and completely up to whatever mood the manager is in. Good luck!

hey i have a question you know how ya'll have those ornaments that are for everything they are on a display by themselves i was wondering if those were the ones on sale last year on BF it was like giftables boxed ornaments or something like that if not what brand are those ornaments they are all diff caraters and occasions

Guest RealLivePrinces

hey i have a question you know how ya'll have those ornaments that are for everything they are on a display by themselves i was wondering if those were the ones on sale last year on BF it was like giftables boxed ornaments or something like that if not what brand are those ornaments they are all diff caraters and occasions

Do you mean the ones in the aisle we just put out? Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments. Also displayed next to 'em are St. Nicholas Square merch.

shopping mom, probably. I haven't seen the ad yet (we know the doorbusters, but no prices), so I can't say for sure. Honestly, the scratch off for Kohl's charges event is coming, and that is quite a deal in itself.