Black Friday Tax Free States

iloveblkfriday

I will get the exact date soon but I think South Carolina is doing this again I will get other states as well if any others do this but if anyone else knows any info let us know please!

if they do, that would be AWESOME!! I saved soo much $$$ the year before shopping that weekend

I wonder if any other counties in NJ do tax free

Some places in NJ have a 3% tax vs the regular rate. Several places I know that do that are Patterson, Elizabeth and Jersey City. It's good to know for large item purchases.

I miss being 1/2 hour from New Hampshire. When I lived in Mass, if the item was expensive and could FIT in my car, I bought it in NH (computers, furniture, skis etc).

no tax free here in NY, but they do it one weekend near back to school and one weekend in the spring. Vt is close, just go over the border where there is never tax on clothes

Not quite true. There is no NY State sales tax on clothing priced under $110 per item. Many cities and counties charge tax on all clothing, so they aren't tax free on these purchases, but some NY cities and counties have also eliminated tax on clothing, including New York City, Gloversville, Norwich, Olean, Binghamton, and Sherrill, and the counties of Chautauqua, Chenango, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Greene, Hamilton, Madison (outside the City of Oneida), Rensselaer, Tioga, Broome, and Wayne.

For more info on all states, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States :cool:

But think of it this way: when you pay sales taxes, you are supporting the maintenance and improvement of your local infrastructure and local public programs. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after I looked into the matter further, the sales tax exemption applies only to SECOND AMENDMENT SALES - you know, handguns, ammo, etc.

Jeez....are we rednecks or WHAT? Only in SC would our legislature think they were doing us a major service by giving us a break on buying guns for Christmas presents; don't you wrap up about 100 rounds of ammo for your loved ones and put it under the tree?

Moderator, PLEASE remove my thread...I am so embarrassed.

Ugh.