Disney Store Question

cassgurlie04

I hope im putting this in the right place, if not please someone feel free to place it where it belongs.............. Anyhow............ Does anyone remember or know if the Disney Store usually has a good deal on the large scale snow globes on bf?

I did a search below for the Disney Store in our archives and you can look in there for your answer. I hope this helps.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=85327&highlight=disney+store

Edited by bigjimslade
fixed link

i tried searching on here but the ad listings from last year doesnt have any disney store stuff listed....... hummphf:(

There are alot of hardcore Disney fans in this community and while it is still early most of our BF community members dont become active until later this month and into October. Keep checking back because I know someone will have an answer.

Good luck!

i tried searching on here but the ad listings from last year doesnt have any disney store stuff listed....... hummphf:(

that's likely because they are good at keeping their ad a secret, or perhaps they don't have an actual printed ad, but instead more in-store special-type promotions.

If I remember correctly,there were snow globe deals for BF last year.I'll ask a friend of mine who does a lot if Disney Store shopping if she remembers.I also know someone who works at one...when I see her I'll ask. I hope they have LOTS of Tinkerbell this year since the movie is being released!!!

I checked with my friend who works for Disney Stores & she said that those large Globes are on sale at Christmas & Mothers Day. As far as them being on a special price on Black Friday,she couldn't remember. What she did say is that by 4:30am the line was huge! Also,she doesn't know how people shopped as fast as they did...within 5 min of opening she had very long line & people had lots of stuff...so shop fast!! ;)

Personally I won't be shopping in the Disney Store on Black Friday. We waited in line for an hour to check out and there ended up being a better deal online starting the next day. I actually returned everything I had bought in the store and purchased online for less. This year I will save my hour and just buy online.

i do remember that there was like extra 20% off everything before 10 or something like that, so if the snow globes are on sale and they run the extra % off then ill be set. I just cant remember if the snow globes we on sale, also i knew childrens place owned it but wasnt aware that disney bought it.... i wonder how much bearing that will have on the pricing.

Normally at the Disney store everything is 20% off the whole day. HOWEVER for early birds it's normally 30% if you are there between when the DS opens and the mall opens. Once the rest of the mall opens (official building hours) then that extra discount is done and over.

In addition the t-shirts are normally 3 for $ instead of 2 for $. Snow globes are usually on sale as well. That sale usually starts on Black Friday and ends 1 week later - so if you don't want to fight the BF madness at the store then you can wait and take advantage of the sale online or when the frenzy dies down.

However, keep in mind - with that snow globe sale, if you go on BF you also get that nice discount of 20-30% in addition to the sale prices.

I've been to the disney store the past 2 yrs on BF...I usually feel like i'm wasting my time (but it's in the mall i hit after the big stores...so i'm there about 7)...no huge sales at all...and i've never seen snowglobes in their ad. During the summer they had a 50% off sale on the snowglobes, twice (still too much $ for us)...they also clearanced out a few snowglobes for only about $15 during the summer as well (all this was in store). I did pick up the Princess one online for less than $20 using codes, free shipping and during their snowglobe sale...i'd try that approach to bring the price down and not hold out for BF on that one....HTH

EDIT: i've never seen the Alice one in stores...

okay well i just internet searched it and found that disney is closing 98 of the 220 stores that it regained control of from the childrens place and possibly more take overs and closings were still in negotiations. I did find 2 lists but im not sure how accurate they are so im not gonna post them and start an uproar :no: but if you wanna know the page i saw it on message me and ill tell you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They closed all of the ones in the malls around here, but we had one open in the outlet mall last year, and that one has remained open, so if you have outlets nearby, it may be worth checking out, especially since it seems the past couple of years, outlet malls have opened at midnight...I know where I'm going to be! This will be my first year out at midnight, as I'm usually in upstate NY for the holiday, with no outlets nearby, so I'm already trying to plan out when I'm going to nap on Thanksgiving day to maximize shopping potential starting that night! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the Disney Outlet today, and was told they would open at 12:00 a.m. for black Friday, but the deal is 20% of the entire store...

Now, the crappy part is that this week only, the entire store is 25% off.

Does that make ANY sense????? The deal this week is better than that sale. Why would I go there at 12:00 midnight when I get a better deal now?!?!:eek: