What do you get those Tween's?

gr8girls

I have an 11 year old that I know doesn't believe, but is afraid to say anything for fear tht she won't get gifts....lol. She asked me the other day if there was a Santa, and I just said..."who do you think brings those gifts". She said...yeah, I know because parents can't afford all of that stuff. Well I hope she remembers that...lol. She isn't into toys except for webkinz, and doesn't really know what she wants when I ask what she's going to ask Santa for. I am stumped. Anyone have any suggeestions? She is a Cheerleader, doesn't really play with her DS that she HAD to have last year...grrrr...loves music and has an mp3...

Not to complicate things, but her 12th birthday is 7 days before Christmas!

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Gift cards for music? Does she like jewelry? I started getting my niece inexpensive (but real silver) pieces at first but now that she's 16 I'm buying a nice piece of jewelry that will last (still not overly expensive but expensive looking--eg a turquoise pendent set in sterling silver, birthstone earrings, etc).

My son since he was 12 or so wanted giftcards and/or money... He has a cell phone now so he wants a phone card.

For girls that age, you can't go wrong with perfume, clothes, purses, accessories for the Webkinz, jewelry, etc...

This year I have an 8 year old who knows the truth about santa, and its worse... She doesn't play with toys. She wants electronics. LOL... Her list is just as expensive as my soon to be 14 yr olds.

That's pretty much the trail I was heading down...I've begun to hit Ebay for some Hollister, Am. Eagle and Aero items. She loves silver so that's on the list. I'm collecting webkinz. If anyone get's a brainstorm...let me know....lol

You cant go wrong with giftcards. Unless you really know her taste in clothes, its better for her to pick them out.

To me at that age gift cards are no fun, Christmas morning while the others are looking or playing with their things there she sits with a gift card so inpersonal so not fun

Clothes, shoes, makeup, mp3 player, portable dvd player, sport equipment, jewlery, purses, perfume, bath stuff (those baskets filled with products), books, earrings, cd's, one of those alarm clocks that shows the time on the ceiling, or a radio for the shower

I agree, a gift card or 2 even for smaller amounts (not just for clothes but places like for McDonalds or a book store) are OK for in the stocking, but they need gifts to open on Christmas morning.

add - camera, one of those digital frames that you put a picture card in and the picture changes

Edited by Rockfordmom
add more

To me at that age gift cards are no fun, Christmas morning while the others are looking or playing with their things there she sits with a gift card so inpersonal so not fun

I agree!!!! I have an 11 dd as well, I think she would be sad if i gave her gift cards lol. They are hard to buy for at this age, maybe if we all brainstorm together we MIGHT figure something out lol.

Does she like taking pictures? How about a camera and some scrapbooking stuff? My dd who is now in college loved getting a camera. I stop buying her clothes many years ago when I cleaned out her closet and discovered a huge pile of brand new clothes. She didn't like them but was afraid to tell me because she didn't want to hurt my feelings! Uhgg!

My DD was 12 last christmas, she was interested in a pink camera or flip camcorder, video games, new cell phone, dvd player, clothing from AE, Hollister, Abercrombie, etc..., and giftcards-so she could shop the after Christmas sales, designer purse-juicy couture, d&b, or coach, ugg boots, clique series books. I can keep going on , if you need more suggestions....

She might like getting some teen magazines throughout the year too. You could wrap one with the subscription. I like the jewelry, purse, wallet, camera, and shoes idea. I would take her to the mall and just window shop, to get ideas. I would also suggest BBWs stuff. If she is interested in learning to sew you could do a machine and also include lessons. Does she still ride her bike and does she need a new one?

Add me to the list of people with 11 year old daughters! It definately gets harder to figure out what to buy as they get older. I asked my DD what she would like this year, and she said she wanted a camera, DS and Wii games, Camp Rock dvd and Camp Rock dolls, and that is all she could think of.

I was thinking about getting her some real jewelry, like maybe a ring? My DD still plays with her barbies sometimes, but I'm not sure if I should buy anything barbie this year or not? Good luck with trying to figure out what to get, I will be in the same boat.:)

How old is the decor in her bedroom? Could it be in need of some new updating? Maybe a new bedspread or comforter. Matching accessories like lamp, clock, area rug, a small fold up chair or bean bag chair for her room. Jewely box with a new piece of jewerly. Dvd's, cd's. I agree with the others on makeup and bath set. Maybe a nail care kit and some new nail polish in differnt colors.

American Girl stuff is in for that age group, but it's pricey.

Ipods, digital cameras, manicure/pedicure sets, Purses, Hair stuff/equipment, CD's, Guitar Hero, Limited Too stuff, Libby Lou's stuff. A bike, new bedroom stuff.

That's some of the stuff my girls asked for. Along w/ trips to places like Build A Bear, etc.

My soon-to-be 11 year old likes GCs for mani/pedi, clothes (from Aeorpostale, Old Navy, Gap, Abercrombie, Hollister, etc), purses, jewelry, CDs, DVDs, mp3 download cards, shoes, books, magazine subscriptions...she doesn't have (but wants) sketchpads, journal, a cell phone, Wii, video camera...she also has a digital camera that she loves! :D

Add me to the list of people with 11 year old daughters! It definately gets harder to figure out what to buy as they get older. I asked my DD what she would like this year, and she said she wanted a camera, DS and Wii games, Camp Rock dvd and Camp Rock dolls, and that is all she could think of.

I was thinking about getting her some real jewelry, like maybe a ring? My DD still plays with her barbies sometimes, but I'm not sure if I should buy anything barbie this year or not? Good luck with trying to figure out what to get, I will be in the same boat.:)

My niece was out of the Barbie stage by this age, that's why I started getting her jewelry (plus I think that was the year that my brother finally let her get her ears pierced...) I got a birthstone ring for my birthday the year I was 11, still have it. It was a treasured gift (only allowed to wear it to church etc, until I was older as there were a lot of "thefts" in the locker room in school).

My dd is 12 and she wants a pink digital camera, a camera cell phone (pre-paid), minutes for phone, Nintendo DS, some games for that, some movies and cd's and anything with Jonas Brothers on it. She originally wanted a WII but changed her mind. My dd also like gift cards to AE, aerie, Hollister, etc. Good luck

Digital camera is definately a good one that I have seen posted- rechargable batteries, gift cards, luggage- as a hint of what you expect in the future. :eyepoppin. I have a 15 and 16 year old daughters. They both have gotten digital cameras, luggage, last year my oldest got her class ring. I'm now trying to decide what futuristic item to get her this year. I know for her senior year it will be something college related- mini-fridge, microwave, etc.

I am faced however with the delimma of what to get the tween boy. Tween girls are a lot easier than boys. I'm just glad he used his detasseling money to get a Wii. It adds more options for me.

My DD was 12 last christmas, she was interested in a pink camera or flip camcorder, video games, new cell phone, dvd player, clothing from AE, Hollister, Abercrombie, etc..., and giftcards-so she could shop the after Christmas sales, designer purse-juicy couture, d&b, or coach, ugg boots, clique series books. I can keep going on , if you need more suggestions....

Natasha...I love the ideas, but I should have given you some insight to where I live. Even though my "tween" is in middle school, the HIgh Schoolers here have "flannel Fridays" and on Graduation day the Seniors can drive their tractors to school. There are more tractors in the parking lot than cars. I wish I could get "Juicy"...lol :sidesplit

There are alot of ideas...I'm just teasing you, I just had to let you know about flannel Fridays..hehhe