What do you guys want to see in the ads?

darkwiggles

My biggest purchase will hopefully be a cheap desktop or laptop, altho i would prefer a laptop. Also wanting cheap games for any system, but especially DS, Wii & PSP. The 360 games we want will be new so I'm sure I wont see more than a $5 discount on those. DH has asked for an iPod or Zune, so maybe a nice deal on that too :)

Wow it's hard to say, bought our Plasma 2 years ago and our LCD last year (though wouldn't mind a better one, we got the 37" dynex from BB) bought DW her Laptop last year, though I would like a MAC now but they never go on sale. I guess some Blu Ray movies and whatever other cool stuff we decide to buy for our families. Actually come to think of it we have been wanting a new stereo receiver and cd changer so maybe we will do that this year.

Heading out to Mt. Rushmore & Yellowstone next summer so a good yet super low priced digital camera would be nice.

Bought a Toshiba laptop 3 yrs ago from CC for $200, so if they have another great deal like that I'll add another to the house.

Would love to get a nice big LCD or Plasma (47" or bigger), but the wifey is blocking that move. :( Still got another 3 months to break her down! :D

A laptop for $700.00 or less. I would love a laptop that can run some of the higher end PC games. (Like WOW and The Sims 2) I know I might be dreaming on that one. I haven't put in the time to research and I know I should.

Well, kids, I'm going to make you all very happy, I think. First, I want a big, bright HD LCD to plug my new PS3 into. I think these will be *very* inexpensive before, during, and after BF. I have been reading that demand for panels is way off and some manufacturers are planning to close plants. Look here, for instance...

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2008/07/133_27908.html

Turns out not many people were/are affected by the digital change and the economic slow down has slowed the upgrade market.

For those hoping for a PS3 or Blu-ray player, BF is RIGHT NOW! If you sign up for a Sony credit card, you get $150 back on your first $300 purchase from SonyStyle.com. Use this card to pre-order an 80g ps3 ($400 and free shipping) and you have a $250 PS3/Blu-ray player without waiting in line. I can't see a better deal coming along. The offer expires 9/15 and the new 80g PS3 will not play PS2 games (but it's quieter and more energy efficient).

For those looking for a desktop, I think the deals are RIGHT NOW too. I've bought three Vista machines in the past year. I paid $300 for each and each included Vista Home Premium, a 320g disk, 2g of ram, and a 2+ gigahertz dual core amd cpu. I use one of these everyday and am very happy. Each had a PCIe slot as well and I have upgraded video and power supply for ~$100 on the two my kids use -- these play games great. I've seen deals on desktops on BF, but often the machine is not good to go (Vista Basic, 1g of ram) and sometimes expensive to retrofit (slim cases, proprietary connections, no PCIe slot).

I think I will be shopping for an inexpensive laptop, though, for DW. And, of course, I'll be hoping Santa brings that way-too-big LCD!

I would like to get my dad a new TV, possibly a flat panel. My husband hasn't really mentioned anything yet. DD4 hasn't made any special requests yet. She did mention the line of "Fabulous" clothes that she saw on TV. Right now she is into Barbies and Polly Pockets. Maybe a game for her for the Wii. Maybe one of the hand held video games for her like leap frog or something

• 3 weeks later...

A $199 standalone Blu-ray player, even though at that price it could only be for BF itself as the components are still pretty expensive.

(This is for others, not for me - got my PS3 last month. :D Just want the happiness to be shared, is all - like seeing the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies in high definiition...)

A $199 standalone Blu-ray player, even though at that price it could only be for BF itself as the components are still pretty expensive.

(This is for others, not for me - got my PS3 last month. :D Just want the happiness to be shared, is all - like seeing the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies in high definiition...)

I was in BestBuy a couple weeks back and they had some Blu-Ray players for $229 can't remember the brand but I was tempted to pick it up for our bedroom.

Well we are going to get the kids a Wii but from what I am reading and hearing if we see it we are just going to buy it then instead of taking a chance and not getting one. If we see a great deal on a tv we will probably get a tv. My 8 year old and 4 year old are done for everything else. I have to find toys and stuff for the 18 month old but she is still easy to buy for unlike the other two.

Just about everything for my nephew who will be 7 mos. at Christmas (especially toys) and items TBD (to be determined) for my brother and his GF. They don't have much and can't afford any extras now so I'm going to "adopt" them :)

For my family: anything Wii (we have one already), clothes for the kids, toys TBD, books and board games. DH wants a new TV AGAIN (just got one last year) but he's going to take an apartment in the city where he works for the winter to cut his commute and save money so I guess it's OK :) Myself, I don't know yet.

For other important people: I don't know yet but I'll think of something. Maybe I should start listing all the people I need to remember this year. :smart:

Well I would like to go after the eltronics like most of you. But, I have 2 kids and all our money goes to them. We won't have the money this year for any cool toys for us. So some good deals on toys for 2 year olds would be very nice! I have already been buying when I see good prices so if I can get some of the bigger toys for a good price I would be happy. Specifically a little art desk for my dd2. I tried looking for the Dora kitchen last year after xmas when some people were saying they were on clearance at walmart. Looks like I'll be paying close to $70-80 for that Dora kitchen this year.

I don't think Zune ever goes on sale, but I wish it would! My oldest wants one. Also, my youngest wants a digital camera. I have tried the cheap crappy ones, they don't last for anything. So I want to get her something higher quality. She's 9 years old, so she can handle something nicer. But I don't want to pay a fortune! So I hope they are marked down nicely.

Lynn

Cheap dvd seasons. We have given up trying to watch a weekly show and just buy the season when it comes out.

Cheap blu rays!!

We don't need any electronics this year. We have upgraded the tv in the living room and bought a laptop this year.

Hopefully we will get out cheap on BF. :D

No rebates from all stores.

Ahhhh to see the day that finally happens lol

DS games, good dvd's cheap, kid's games (board type games) which target usually has... I'm not really sure as dh's list keeps changing on me (:mad:). Stuff for the older boys would be nice since I never know what to get the teen boys in my family. lol

A CHEAP HD DVD/Blu-Ray combo player, The New Guitar Hero (the one that come out in October) on sale, some cheap Wii games, and for Target to actually have a decent selection in their TV DVD's that they always have cheap (meaning no more gilmore girls since I already have all those lol)

I still need seasons 4- whatever for DD so I hope Gilmore Girls are out again somewhere!!