What things are you going to bring with you while waiting in line?

darkwiggles

I love our best buy, not only did they supplie a FREE port-a-potty, they also had FREE water all night and a live DJ blasting some great music.

LUVE BF!!!!!

yeah.. they had a porta potty out and a live DJ, but unfortunately i was in the group that was as close to the speakers as possible!! was a LONG night...

:eyepoppin:eyepoppin:eyepoppin:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Lets see.

Coffee, coffee and more coffee.

The thing I regretted last year was not bringing a chair. so I will bring a small camping chair with me. Also This year I think Ill leave my purse at home and carry a fanny pack ( I know its way nerdy, but my purse gets in my way).:cheesy::cheesy:

Never really bring anything. I shop alone so don't want to bring anything I have to put in the car. Always scared someone behind me or in front of me won't hold my place in line.

Im a talker. lol. So I always just meet new people and discuss deals, etc. It makes the time go quicker.

I don't think I'm doing the overnight thing this year (gasp); I just don't want to spend the money on big ticket items. Of course, I will be shopping.... and then getting to work by 8 am. I should probably mention that i work directly behind a shopping mall. So I'm not worried about entertaining myself for hours, but I am interested in being dressed for work. Sigh, no layers of pajama and sweat pants.

I'll likely just carry ads, breath mints, coffee, and a credit card.

Jim thank you soo much for posting the tent. My son has a tent on his X-mas list and red is his favorite color. I'm not sure if I will be camping out for an item because I never have before and I will need at least 1 person to go with me to make a tent worthwhile but if the deal is good enough I'll do it.

I am bringing the kids (5, 7, & 9), it has become our tradition and they talk about it all year. Lots of stuff to stay warm (propane heater, 2 k-1 heaters, and a generator with a space heater to go inside the larger tent. Two tents (smaller for sleeping goes inside the larger), air matress, chairs, Thanksgiving dinner, plenty of snacks, Boy scout popcorn (for the hungry who came unprepared... helps our local troup and feeds the crowd, plus I get a letter from BB saying it is OK in case the police decide to give me a hard time), hand warmers, and my wife and the baby will be on stand by 2 miles away and will swoop in to pack everything up before the doors open.

I am also concidering the PP idea. Thinking about trying to get some local sponcers so no one will have to pay.

Couple of chairs, sleeping bags, charged iPod, personal DVD player, blankets, stack of ads, a marker, and LOTS of layers and warm weather gear. A big thermos filled with hot chocolate (and maybe some Bailey's ;) ) and some leftovers usually make their way into the car as well....

Guest CS.Dean

Chair, Zune ( live with music), jacket,blanket, maybe food...

oh I almost forgot...my wife..

Last year was one of the coolest in line that I have ever seen. I was first in line ( got there 11am Thurs Morning). Some friends came about 1 pm. They had the set up of them all. Table, tent, generator, 27 in TV, XBOX 360 with Guitar Hero. It was a riot. It was cold and the were gassed up on Budwieser and Guitar Hero.

They all acted very well, no trouble just a bunch of people having a good time.

Wow!

I've read through all of the posts and there is some great advice out there. This will be my sixth BF adventure and each year I learn another trick or two about making the time more comfortable and productive. Here are some of the biggies:

1. It seems obvious to anyone on this site, but planning several days in advance based on the ads is crucial. If you plan on making more than one stop, you need to chart out which stores open at what time and try to plan your choices accordingly. For example, last year I wanted a item that was selling at both Best Buy and Target. Target was cheaper because I had a local coupon, but opened an hour later. I also wanted something from Home Depot. For me, it made more sense to spend the extra $20 at Best Buy just to make sure I could get to Home Depot in time.

2. Scout your locations in advance. Know where the items are going to be located inside of the stores. Many BF items are not located in their traditional departments that morning. I always call to ask about locations and quantities.

3. I don't care if it's forecast to be 85 degrees and sunny...bring a tent. First, if you've been standing in the warm sun all day, even 65 or 70 degrees with just a wisp of breeze can feel mighty cold. Also, it helps to define the boundaries of "your space". The line will start bunching up as time goes on.

4. Always have at least one person who you can call to bring you things when needed.

5. When deciding which stores to go to, keep in mind what "facilities" are going to be available during the overnight portion. If bathrooms aren't going to be readily available, control your fluid intake. Usually, I've had great cooperation from my fellow BF-ers about taking turns to go to the bathroom and get snacks. But, I always bring an empty 2-quart Gatorade bottle just in case. (Yes, I know it's a little gross. But this is War!)

6. Make friends with your neighbors in line. Not only for the ability to have them hold your spot when you need to jump out to go to the bathroom, but also for cooperation in getting your items. Only the really big ticket items get tickets or vouchers, but many others are just as highly sought after. For example, the lady I sat next to a few years ago at Wal-Mart was after a TV and some toys. I wanted the same TV, one toy item and something from housewares. The three items were on opposite corners of the store and the TVs were on pallets in a first-come, first-serve area. She was an older woman who would've had a hard time manuevering around with that big box on a normal day, let alone in the riotus conditions of BF. So, we agreed that I would grab a TV for each of us and she would get the smaller items that I needed. We met up in a quieter part of the store to exchange items and went to the checkout.

7. I always have a plastic tarp to go over the tent and another one for underneath if needed. Some rope and duct tape for securing everything if conditions turn sour is also a must.

8. If you're doing the really long wait, bring a small table.

9. Baby wipes and paper towels. Hands wil get dirty and messes will happen. Plus, a couple of plastic bags for the trash you're going to create.

10. I have a change of clothes in the car for emergencies anyway, but I always make sure I have extra socks. If you're out there all day and your feet sweat (even just a little), you'll appreciate the dry pair when the temperature starts to drop. Then, you can put the stinky ones by the door of your tent and people will be less likely to bother you. I also bring my cheap fuzzy bathroom slippers (the ones that look like loafers). Combined with good socks, they really keep your feet warm. Besides, this isn't a fashion contest.

I guess I feel fortunate that I don't have to camp out overnight. I only have to stand in line for about 2 hours, and usually I'm at the front of the line, even being there just 2 hours before the store opens.:yup:

Same here. I never want/need something bad enough to camp out.

All the same, I bring my cell phone fully charged, my shopping list, debit/credit cards, cigarettes, coffee, and as many layers as possible without having a heat stroke once inside the store!!!

All though, if the weather keeps up (it's freaking in the 70's in NOVEMBER!?!?), then I won't need it!!!

the cellphone with all Christmas ringtones set and ready to go

the pda with lists of things to buy and where (password protected!)

the ds to keep me entertained if I have to wait in line somewhere, although I could leave this at home and just play games on the pda.

the debit card and some cash for breakfast/lunch.

That's about it, I don't like carrying a lot of crap around with me and I'm always nervous about losing stuff in big crowds. If it's really cold and I wind up waiting outside somewhere I'll pack some hand warmers and wear my parka!

what do you guys do with all your stuff when the sale starts?

My BB plays movies on projector screen,there is all kinds of venders out that sell everything! and plenty of porta pottys lol down a few stores there is a Dj set up its like a party lol no BF HEAVEN! lol