What things are you going to bring with you while waiting in line?

darkwiggles

• 2 weeks later...

-Tent

-Generator

-Port-A-Potty on wheels - Buck a dump (made $400.00 last year)

-water for 30 people for X days

-propane heater and propane for X days

-grill

-food for 30 people for X days

-digital camera

-HD cam

-Laptop

-Ads

-Camping chairs

I have a question about the port-a-potty.. how big was this? Did you run out of capacity? Also, did people give you any negative vibes for charging?

I'm looking into doing this.

Also, where did you keep it, right beside you?:eek:

Lets see... last year, I took:

iPhone

iPod

MacBook Pro (With Mobile Broadband ;))

DVD's for said notebook

Nikon D80

Sony HD Handycam

Tent

Heater (Tis cold in KY)

Small and QUIET generator

Small 15" LCD-TV

Thinking about bringing out the projector this year.... haven't decided

Me, Friends, and WARM Clothes

$$$ (And some extra $$$ for the Starbucks across the street)

HAM Radio (73's to any other HAM's out there. wx4svr!)

I think that is about all. I'll add more if I think of more.

I have a question about the port-a-potty.. how big was this? Did you run out of capacity? Also, did people give you any negative vibes for charging?

I'm looking into doing this.

Also, where did you keep it, right beside you?:eek:

The port-a-potty is a 1 person potty like you see at any work site. I get mine though a motion picture company that provides stuff like this to movie sets.

I did not run out of capacity. I do BF at a very busy Best Buy and I had them drop it off on Wednesday around noon and the pick up was on Friday afternoon. I put the port-a-potty on the side of the store away from the line and front door. Some people did give me crap about charging but after I told them that I was paying for it and if they did not like it they could go down the street they calmed down.

The port-a-potty is a 1 person potty like you see at any work site. I get mine though a motion picture company that provides stuff like this to movie sets.

I did not run out of capacity. I do BF at a very busy Best Buy and I had them drop it off on Wednesday around noon and the pick up was on Friday afternoon. I put the port-a-potty on the side of the store away from the line and front door. Some people did give me crap about charging but after I told them that I was paying for it and if they did not like it they could go down the street they calmed down.

You know, I may be a little slow when I don't have much sleep, but I think I just figured out where your signature came from. lol. =)

Ah, I was hoping it would be some kind of smaller one. I wonder if I can rent one from a contractor sales company or something? Did you run into any health ordinance people or get any beef about that? I was thinking of just getting one and putting it in the back of my pickup and let people use it.

Ah, I was hoping it would be some kind of smaller one. I wonder if I can rent one from a contractor sales company or something? Did you run into any health ordinance people or get any beef about that? I was thinking of just getting one and putting it in the back of my pickup and let people use it.

Would you have steps to get into the back of your pick up?

When you say put it in the back of your pick up what do you mean? Remember you are dealing with human waste.

You can rent port a pottys from contractor and special event companies. You just have to call around and see who will give you the best deal. As far as the health dept I did not have to deal with them but I would check with your local city. The port a potty company could tell you.

I dont know if I ever explained this on here or not on why I rent one. I have been doing Black Friday for 5 years now. Each year I make new friends in life and because of that my group grows. Our group stays in touch with each other during the year. We do each others birthdays by going to dinner, stay in touch by emails and facebook, and we do each others holidays because there are people who are Jewish, Hindu, Christian, Muslim. The reason I rent the port a potty is for the comfort of my group which is about 60 people large but only about 20-30 camp out each year. Just last year I started to change people because one guy offered to pay to use it so it just caught on. The reason I have been successful in it as the nearest restroom is a mile away.

I am a hardcore Black Friday shopper and I do alot of saving for BF so I can rent the potty and have money for extras when in line. If you are going to rent one to make extra money I wish you all the best and I hope it works out. Just be sure you handle it like a business decision and make sure you have no other potties in the area.

I hope this helps. Any any more questions if you want and welcome to the community!

I plan on bringing:

me in extra warm clothes

a friend or two

some snacks and drinks

phone

money/debit card of course

and the ads a MUST

and a purse big enough to hold it all

I usually travel light I don't want anything holding me back of course I will have to end up finding a potty since I'll be 22 weeks prego or I just might wear some Depends lol and I might get some of those spiffy little hand warmer things

I might get some of those spiffy little hand warmer things

Hand warmers are almost a must now. Just make sure you get the ones that don't stink. I don't remember the ones I've bought before but as they warmed up, they STUNK. Make sure it says no odor or something like that on them. Trust me, you'll thank yourself afterwards.

The funny thing is when I was at BB last year everyone else wanted my tent so I told then where I got mine and everyone else in line got the same tent. See the pictures below.

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/41900/2658084980101625976S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/41474/2538154050101625976S600x600Q85.jpg

Last year it began to sleet at 2am. I decided then I would have a tent this year. This one was not so big. Thanks Big Jim for the link. I got it for 31.00 online from walmart shipping and all. I would gladlly given that last year.

Last year it began to sleet at 2am. I decided then I would have a tent this year. This one was not so big. Thanks Big Jim for the link. I got it for 31.00 online from walmart shipping and all. I would gladlly given that last year.

You are welcome. They are easy to put up. I would practice during the day in your yard before BF so you know how to put it up in the dark on BF.

shelter/quarters:

sleeping bag

air mattress

tent (never used it, but prepared just in case of untimely cold/rain)

blue tarp (utility, can be shelter, ground cloth, make shift bathroom, etc)

lounge chair(s)

clothing:

shorts (about daily wear for me)

long pants

2 t shirts

fleece top

nylon shell

2 pair socks

comfy shoes/trainers

sunglasses

hat

gloves (mechanix style, good for random utility use that might arise, and can provide warmth if needed)

caloric ingestion:

sandwiches

chips, dip

water

tea

soda

maybe some, ahem, adult beverages.

granola bars

we have line crew and support crew, and live close enough to somebodys house that its easy for support people to bring us down some great TG dinner. those who are dealing with Jack in the Box are quite jealous.

tech:

lappy/power supply

evdo modem

ipod

external speakers

ipod cable

usb cable

mini usb cable

phone/charger

inverters (multiple for use in different vehicles as needed)

12V/usb adapters

power cords/splitters

digital camera

web cam (might do a broadcast this year)

printer (make updated plans/routes)

some other stuff that Im not thinking of right now

utility/other stuff:

550 cord

duct tape

leatherman tool

paper/pens/sharpies

ads/magazines/books

jumper cables

plastic bags (typical shopping bags as well as trash bags)

toiletry kit

might bring a generator this year, but i really do hate the noise and carbon impact of them.

this is just what I can think of right now, have the master list at home.

shelter/quarters:

sleeping bag

air mattress

tent (never used it, but prepared just in case of untimely cold/rain)

blue tarp (utility, can be shelter, ground cloth, make shift bathroom, etc)

lounge chair(s)

clothing:

shorts (about daily wear for me)

long pants

2 t shirts

fleece top

nylon shell

2 pair socks

comfy shoes/trainers

sunglasses

hat

gloves (mechanix style, good for random utility use that might arise, and can provide warmth if needed)

caloric ingestion:

sandwiches

chips, dip

water

tea

soda

maybe some, ahem, adult beverages.

granola bars

we have line crew and support crew, and live close enough to somebodys house that its easy for support people to bring us down some great TG dinner. those who are dealing with Jack in the Box are quite jealous.

tech:

lappy/power supply

evdo modem

ipod

external speakers

ipod cable

usb cable

mini usb cable

phone/charger

inverters (multiple for use in different vehicles as needed)

12V/usb adapters

power cords/splitters

digital camera

web cam (might do a broadcast this year)

printer (make updated plans/routes)

some other stuff that Im not thinking of right now

utility/other stuff:

550 cord

duct tape

leatherman tool

paper/pens/sharpies

ads/magazines/books

jumper cables

plastic bags (typical shopping bags as well as trash bags)

toiletry kit

might bring a generator this year, but i really do hate the noise and carbon impact of them.

this is just what I can think of right now, have the master list at home.

O M G. You, my friend, take the prize for the most prepared. What time do you throw everything back in the car?

O M G. You, my friend, take the prize for the most prepared. What time do you throw everything back in the car?

oh, I hardly am the most prepared. Mr. Mayor BigJimSlade here certainly out does me. he has quite a large crew, and does what he can to accommodate them all. my list might seem like alot, but it was fairly detailed and looked much longer. all of it fits in a couple of large plastic tote type boxes.

we pack stuff up when it is nearing the time for vouchers/tickets to be handed out. no matter how well people have behaved up until then, this always creates a mob frenzy. we dont want to deal with keeping our stuff safe and secure along with getting our item tickets. it does kind of suck, because once those are handed out, it is usually a 1-2 hour wait before opening, and now everybody is standing and crowing for that entire time.