Nintendo Ds

Both my children want DS systems for christmas.... Do these ever go below the 129.99 price? No bundles.. just systems. I need the pink one and metallic red one. Do these sell out pretty quickly and if so, which color should I buy first? (most popular).... My birthday is coming up and Circuit City sent me a $10 off coupon that can be used towards a DS instore or online. Only good for the next couple of weeks. I put one in my cart and test the code and it did take $10 off... Good deal to buy at least one now OR should I wait. Thanks for any help.

If there was any deals last year I didn't notice as they didn't ask for them last year as they got PSP systems.

Typically the prices are set by nintendo and dont vary. most places will occasionally give away a gift card or a game or case or whatnot with it. Your best bet is that $10 thing you mentioned or a place that sells refurbished ones. And even then theyre not that much cheaper... but maybe some gottadealer has some better news for you!

it took us 7 stores at Christmas time looking for the pink one for our dd and then finally had to give in and buy the rose colored one that was bundled with nintendodogs cause at that point we were scared of not getting any...now that was right at Christmas so demand was high....i would hit 5-6 retailers right now and see if they have them both or which one in stock to gauge an idea

we are still looking for a DS for stepmom but trying to find a deal on it...other then bundles or used...there are no deals on these from what we found

We were considering buying ds5 one for his 6th b-day (decided not to) and the only deals I have found are: Sam's club has them for $127.99 ($2 off) and if you have a GBA SP to trade in, you can get it for $89.99 at Gamestop with the trade in this week.

my Target ad today has them for $125. Is this going to be the cheapest? I got my daughter's at Circuit City with a $10 off birthday coupon they sent me (later I found out it wasn't supposed to come off as it excludes game hardware, but I didn't see it and the girl didn't see it either). Lucky I guess. LOL

yeah. most things specifically exclude hardware as the prices are set by nintendo. my target has then for $127. as far as new and not refurbished if you dont want anything to come with it that is the best deal. you may find one bundled with a gift card too...

I have a friend that is a retail manager and told me that the pink ones are extremely hard to get a hold of after mid-September, as well as finding DS Lites in any color by mid-October. They are still in high demand this season. I am guessing, like myself, people have decided to wait until their child is a little older before spending that kind of money on one. She did inform me that they hardly EVER go on sale. Last year, they offered a $10 Gift Card with purchase closer to Christmas and plan on doing that again, but you still pay regular price for the system. Happy Shopping!!

Amazon is having a promotional deal if you pay with "Bill Me Later", $20 off $100 or more purchase of video games. So you can get a DS Lite for $109. I'm actually thinking about this deal, I've just never used Bill Me Later before, so I'm a bit leary.

TRU has a bundle with Hannah Montana this week for $137 which comes with the ds lite, a hannah montana cover and one of her games. I am guessing this is probably a very good deal?? Still trying to decide for my soon to be 10 year old!

I bought both of my kids' DS systems for christmas. Bought my daughter's first last week (pink) then the Red one for my son. Got the Pink one for 119.00 and my son's for 125.00 (I price matched at Walmart from Target's add as I had $100 in Walmart Giftcards from MyPoints and from my husband's work). So only paid the $25 Plus tax for his.

I did well.. last year.. at all places... kmart... they had a coupon in the pharmacy... for 20% off and it was a bundle with an extra game... $149 before tax... $161 after tax.. paid $126 after coupon tax included... so i didnt think it was too bad.

TRU has a bundle with Hannah Montana this week for $137 which comes with the ds lite, a hannah montana cover and one of her games. I am guessing this is probably a very good deal?? Still trying to decide for my soon to be 10 year old!

where did you see this? i looked on the website and no mention of it...i'm pretty sure this is showing up on my DD6's santa list and i don't want to be crazy at the last minute (again...lol). TIA

where did you see this? i looked on the website and no mention of it...i'm pretty sure this is showing up on my DD6's santa list and i don't want to be crazy at the last minute (again...lol). TIA

I'm not the person you asked, but I figured I'd answer anyway. The Hannah Montana DS value pack (DS, case, and game) is on the back page of this week's Toys R Us ad.