K-Mart - General Mills Cereal Deal

dantegirl

We don't have a KMart anywhere near us, but Walmart did pricematch the deal. I got 4 different kinds, 2 Boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, A box of Honey Nut Chex, and a box ox Corn Chex.

-2 .75 off Chex coupons

-1 1.00 off GM coupon

Since there is no place to double coupons around 3.50 for 4 boxes of cereal worked pretty good. ***If you price match notice that the sizes of the cereal go up to 18 oz. you can get bigger boxes!:yup:

i actually did this at my local ralph's - but they doubled the coupon.

4 boxes for 10.

- 4.00 instant coupon

-1.00 coupon off 3

- 1.00 double

total: 4/4.00

a month ago it was better, when it was buy 4, get 6.00 back, and then i used the double coupon, so it was 4/2.00.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, where did you get the $1 Q? I know someone mentioned Sunday's paper (which I didn't pick up)....so is there an online site where I can print from possibly?

Would this cereal deal apply towards Kix too?

TIA!

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, where did you get the $1 Q? I know someone mentioned Sunday's paper (which I didn't pick up)....so is there an online site where I can print from possibly?

Would this cereal deal apply towards Kix too?

TIA!

I clipped mine from the Sunday papers. The K-Mart here did have the Kix cereal in the deal.

Went to K-Mart and got reminded of why I do not like going there.

Found the cereal without a problem (3 boxes 8.7oz Kix & 1 box Cinnamon Crisps 18oz(?)). Some of the boxes seemed a bit damaged, but managed to find a few ok looking ones. Btw, for those who stocked up on this deal, you may want to check your cereal's expiration date, because I noticed a few were not too far in the future!

The nightmare began when I was at checkout. First no one knew about the sale, despite it being on the FIRST page of the flyer. All 4 boxes scanned regular price. Wanted me to pay almost $13!!! Thank goodness another lady had a copy of the flyer and then the cashiers had to void the entire transaction, which required a manager. Manager didn't even know about the sale and requested flyer proof! After that, he manually adjusted each to $1.50, but then the system would automatically deduct $4, making it $2 total sale. Of course he wouldn't give me for that price, so he had to go "research." The line I was on and the line the other lady shopper was on BOTH had to redirect other customers to other lines.

Ended up waiting 20+min and having the both the manager and another manager confer and then they argued that it was on "selected" cereals, only the ones in the picture. I told them that other K-marts allowed any General Mills cereal. More conferring and then comes back and says that he was supposed to change the price to sale price $2.50, which was ON THE FLYER in small print! I understood it immediately as soon as got the chance to read the flyer while managers were conferring.

Long story short, I got my cereal and really felt I should have gotten them for $2 total for my total time wasted. I should have walked away in the beginning, but I had taken a trip all the way there just for the cereals.

Honestly I've seen better deals for Kix, but as for the other cereals that have 15oz or more, it is a good deal when you have the Q's. As I didn't have any, it was about the same price I'd have gotten if I went to Walmart (which runs better than K-mart).

TIA for reading my rant :) And thanks for the info re the Q's & info dantegirl!

Went to K-Mart and got reminded of why I do not like going there.

Found the cereal without a problem (3 boxes 8.7oz Kix & 1 box Cinnamon Crisps 18oz(?)). Some of the boxes seemed a bit damaged, but managed to find a few ok looking ones. Btw, for those who stocked up on this deal, you may want to check your cereal's expiration date, because I noticed a few were not too far in the future!

The nightmare began when I was at checkout. First no one knew about the sale, despite it being on the FIRST page of the flyer. All 4 boxes scanned regular price. Wanted me to pay almost $13!!! Thank goodness another lady had a copy of the flyer and then the cashiers had to void the entire transaction, which required a manager. Manager didn't even know about the sale and requested flyer proof! After that, he manually adjusted each to $1.50, but then the system would automatically deduct $4, making it $2 total sale. Of course he wouldn't give me for that price, so he had to go "research." The line I was on and the line the other lady shopper was on BOTH had to redirect other customers to other lines.

Ended up waiting 20+min and having the both the manager and another manager confer and then they argued that it was on "selected" cereals, only the ones in the picture. I told them that other K-marts allowed any General Mills cereal. More conferring and then comes back and says that he was supposed to change the price to sale price $2.50, which was ON THE FLYER in small print! I understood it immediately as soon as got the chance to read the flyer while managers were conferring.

Long story short, I got my cereal and really felt I should have gotten them for $2 total for my total time wasted. I should have walked away in the beginning, but I had taken a trip all the way there just for the cereals.

Honestly I've seen better deals for Kix, but as for the other cereals that have 15oz or more, it is a good deal when you have the Q's. As I didn't have any, it was about the same price I'd have gotten if I went to Walmart (which runs better than K-mart).

TIA for reading my rant :) And thanks for the info re the Q's & info dantegirl!

I completely agree with you....I only go to K-Mart every once in a blue moon and even then, I totally prepare myself for waiting in line and bringing the ad with me for proof. My husband went with me this time and he couldn't believe the store was even still open!!! Anyway, I sympathize....

Has anyone gone to Kmart and had this special ring up right? I wanted at least 15 minutes and they finally key in something, but then it was too low on the price, but I wasn't about to wait longer to fix it.

I wouldn't have minded if I had not had to drive 30 minutes to even get to the store!

You would think by Thursday they would have figured out the week's ad.

For those of you that still want to try this deal and do the following if you run into trouble:

1) Bring ad or go to kmart.com and print out the first page ad on there.

2) It's ANY General Mills cereal as long as it fits within the 8.5oz - x.x oz (I forget exact #). Most GM cereals would apply.

3) If it rings up original non-sale price, tell them it is on sale for $2.50 (which is ALSO stated on the flyer). The cashier or manager will need to manually override the original price and punch in the sale price of $2.50.

4) If you buy 4 boxes of cereal, the system WILL automatically deduct $4. $2.50/box x 4 boxes = $10.00 - $4 auto-deduct = $6.00

5) If you have any Q's, then it will make your purchase $6 - Q.

The common issue seems that since the flyer states it is on sale for $1.50/box, that's what the manager punches in to override the regular price, but then after the auto deduct of $4 for buying 4 boxes, the final cost becomes $2, which then the manager goes bonkers and refuses to sell the items etc. OF COURSE if someone READ the flyer, then they'd realize the sale price is $2.50, not $1.50 per box!

Hope that helps someone...I had to learn it all the hard way sadly.

Thx for all who sympathized with my earlier rant :fluffy:

Of course all this is stated on the flyer, but alas that'd be too easy right? :)

Has anyone gone to Kmart and had this special ring up right? I wanted at least 15 minutes and they finally key in something, but then it was too low on the price, but I wasn't about to wait longer to fix it.

I wouldn't have minded if I had not had to drive 30 minutes to even get to the store!

You would think by Thursday they would have figured out the week's ad.

I did this deal at 2 different Kmarts, both times with extra coupons. I didn't have any trouble. The shelves were actually fully stocked and everything rung up correctly. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I don't usually go to Kmart because they are always out of all the sale items. I guess I finally got lucky for once.:)

I did this deal at 2 different Kmarts, both times with extra coupons. I didn't have any trouble. The shelves were actually fully stocked and everything rung up correctly. I was in and out in 10 minutes. I don't usually go to Kmart because they are always out of all the sale items. I guess I finally got lucky for once.:)

LUCKY YOU! :)

• 1 month later...

This deal is on again this week.... 6/29!!!!

When you buy 4 boxes, each box is $1.49. When you add coupons, it is even better!!!!

Here are the cereals I remember....

Cheerios

Fruity Cheerios

Lucky Charms

Cocoa Puffs

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Trix

Kix

I ended up paying $0.99 a box after MFR Q.

thanks, I never look at the kmart ad. dirty store. but I do have a GC from the hulk movie deal.

Our store isn't the best but you can't beat $0.99 for cereal :)

Also, be sure to check out their clothes. Our store has an additional 40% off clearance prices and they had TONS of infants and kids clothes for $1 -$2 an outfit.

Ok- found the ad online and will send DH. Hope lucky charms is a choice, that's the "cereal of the day"-- our Kmart is horrible, I do avoid it. I know I can pay 50c more and go to Target and they will have it. LOL. Everybody's kmart stinks but kmart doesn't do anything to improve... Edited by sneakers1234

Even sweeter at Target-- of course!

GM are on sale 4/9, there is a .75 off ETQ, and there are .75 - 1.00 off MQ's. making them .50 - .75 a box.

Thanks for that tip! The shelves at Kmart were wiped clean tonight ... plus my Target is SO much cleaner...

Even sweeter at Target-- of course!

GM are on sale 4/9, there is a .75 off ETQ, and there are .75 - 1.00 off MQ's. making them .50 - .75 a box.

Does the 0.75 off target Q work on cereal???? The coupon says Granola bars or fruit snacks.....TIA

I wasn't able to get them last night - they were OOS for everything that had the sale tag. I didn't want to fuss with trying to figure out which other ones might count toward the deal. Do you think that I would have a problem Price Matching these at Walmart?

I am still glad that I went. I got some clothes for either 50% off regular prices or an extra 40% off clearance prices. I paid $21 for $62 worth of clothes, and got some much-needed jammies my DS.