Official "Dude I'm Getting a Dell Laptop" Thread

Brad

hello 1nce again,

Yesterday i was reading up on notebook forums dat sum of the ppl ther ordered there xps 2 using a 33% + 12 % coupon = 45 % off. i was wondering howd they manage to use 2 coupons at 1nce? and is it even possible...cuz if it is hopefully ill find sumthing similar n go for the XPS gen2 rather then the 9300.

My wife's (still weird to write that one!) 700 arrived yesterday and I am thoroughly impressed. It really is a sharp piece of equipment. I am, however, waiting for my backordered 7200 RPM drive to show up from Dell so that I can install it.

In the mean time, I'm getting the pink notebook sleeve on ebags for the wife. Obviously, I will not be carrying this laptop! ;)

Question: I bought both the 700m and the 6000. I bought 2 512 SODIMMs from buy.com (the same deal that was posted here). I put the two 512's in the 700m, with hopes that I could put the 256 that was in the 700m in the 6000.

This wouldn't work because the 6000 only accepts DDR2! So that sucks. Anybody know of any deals on DDR2 memory for the 6000?

Chris,

What do you think of the keyboard and display?

My 6000 still hasn't shipped yet :(

The keyboard is small but it is what I expected and not to hard to type on. The display is SWEET! The new lcd's are so much better than the older ones that I've worked on with older laptops.