Nice Dell 1-day specials tomorrow

Brad

Our Dell rep just called to say they are having some nice deals tomorrow:

Starting at midnight CT tonight, they have an Inspiron 530 desktop with a Core 2 Quad processor and 3GB of RAM for $499. Choice of Vista or XP. Regular price on these is over $800.

Starting at 7am CT tomorrow, they will have an Inspiron 1525 laptop w/ Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 Processor, 3GB RAM, 160GB HD, webcam and more for $699. This system is usually around $1100.

I'll have full details posted in this forum and on the main site when the deals are available, but I thought I'd give a heads-up :)

Here is a link for the laptop. Price won't show until tomorrow. Note that you can get one of the custom colors for $25 more if you don't like the standard black.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5450 (1.66GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)

Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium Edition

Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz

Size: 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

CD / DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)

Intel Next -Gen Wireless -N Mini-card

Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam

56Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)

High Definition Audio 2.0

And here are the links for the desktops: Vista or XP. Again, the links won't work until midnight CT tonight.

Here's the base specs for the Desktop.

PROCESSOR Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB) edit

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English edit

MONITOR No Monitor edit

MEMORY 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs edit

HARD DRIVE 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™ edit

OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive edit

VIDEO CARD Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 edit

SOUND Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio edit

KEYBOARD & MOUSE Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse edit

FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive Included edit

MODEM & WIRELESS 56K PCI Data Fax Modem edit

I hope we get more of these specials in the next week or so. I need a new computer for the kids' schoolwork. Our desktop is just to old to keep up. That and my dh's stupid games have slowed it down tremendously.

No $$$ to pay until the tax refund gets here next week. Oh Well.

Susie

Would this laptop be good for my son for college? I would be willing to upgrade the processor if needed and I want it to write and burn cd/dvds. If someone wants to build one for fun and send me what you think I should get and the price feel free I would appreciate the help!!

Would this laptop be good for my son for college? I would be willing to upgrade the processor if needed and I want it to write and burn cd/dvds. If someone wants to build one for fun and send me what you think I should get and the price feel free I would appreciate the help!!

The processor is more than adequate and it has the CD/DVD burner, so really there wouldn't be anything you'd have to upgrade in this model.

was ready to have son order desk top but no monitor

You can use your current monitor, add a monitor to your order, or buy a monitor separately...

Oh, and folks, if you are getting the desktop, I strongly suggest either adding a video card to your order or adding one after you get the desktop. It would be a cryin' shame http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sad%20Upset/cry1.gif to saddle a great processor like the Quad-Core Q6600 to onboard Intel graphics. Talk about a bottleneck. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Alcohol/bot.gif