So disappointed in Aeropostale

My dd told me a few years ago about how all the kids buy clothes at Aeropostale so of course we tried some.

I have to agree with you...what crap! My dd was just mentioning to me how her friends still shop there and I thought that perhaps the quality had changed...apparently not.

Thanks for sharing so I can save my time and money! :)

no, the quality has changed. the same with abercrombie. when i was in high school, the abercrombie shirts were NOT made for super skinny girls that were see through with ridiculous lettering or crazy prints.

i think it's also part of the "style" now. i think it's part of a scam to sell you a second tshirt to "layer" under there or camisoles to layer under there.

DD9 is now the proud owner of my Aero shirts...even layed out to dry and washed on gentle, they still shrunk down to nothing.. My nieces and I used to shop there all the time! They've moved onto Hollister and AE...too much for my blood! I also don't like having to be a walking billboard for a store either!

My dd told me a few years ago about how all the kids buy clothes at Aeropostale so of course we tried some.

I have to agree with you...what crap! My dd was just mentioning to me how her friends still shop there and I thought that perhaps the quality had changed...apparently not.

Thanks for sharing so I can save my time and money! :)

I only buy things from them when they are under 5 bucks!

the sizes blow me away! My 14 yr old son is 5'11'' 150 lbs and has no problem finding sizes that fit. My niece is 5'10" 150 lbs and everything has to be XL to fit comfortable and not skin tight. Hollister is the same way.

What a sad twisted message for the teens.

Quality wise....Hollister has much better stuff and it holds up to multiple washings.

But on the other hand...Aeropostale is the only place that I can find clothing to find my youngest. She is long and lean and all the other stores (including all the slim lines) are cut for teens/tweens who have hips and other curves. Aeropostale pants come in short, regular and long which is a huge plus for her as she has really long legs (she wears a 00 regular or long depending on the pant, and no she's not anorexic. She's a 12 y.o. who is almost 90 pounds and 5' 4" tall.) As narrow as their shirts may be, they have always been much longer than the other stores that cater to the tween/tween crowd and their pants are not as low cut in the waist (compared to say Abercrombie or Hollister,) so the "bimbo" factor in terms of abdomens showing isn't as severe (well, plus that style isn't really in now anyway.) I throw EVERYTHING in the dryer and I haven't noticed a problem. Now we do have to go up a size for my older DD (who is extremely curvy) and she won't wear their pants (except for sweats) because they're not cut well for her.

RobD

I have a couple of Aero tops and they arent that way BUT I did order some tops from Abercrombie and even one from Old navy that is "preworn feeling" they even advertise it as being predestroyed to be more comforable and they ARE super thin BUT in the same token they are my favorites they are so comfy and soft. I don't layer them and they have been washed MANY times and are fine.

I also dont have problems with anything shrinking (I wear mainly A&F, American Eagle and Hollister with a few Aero and Old Navy/Gap thrown in) I wear XS or S in all those brands.

Sorry you were disappointed I'll have to drop in Aero next time I am outta town and see if they have changed things up...Last time I was in there they seemed to have gone UP in price (although they still run more sales than the other trendy stores!) So I hate to hear quality has gone down :mad:

BTW did you order the sleep tops? I DO know those are thin!

I have some Aeropostale stuff, and I think its junk. I shopped there first time 2-3 years back on a Black Friday. Once I started wearing and washing those things, I never went back. I havent been to that store since then. Mens clothes, is a different thing. My DH has some pants from there are they are pretty good.

I love Abercrombie on the other hand. Their fits and design are really good. I am 5'4" weigh 100 pounds, its a perfect place for me to get tops. No bottoms though. Bottoms dont fit me.

But i never shop at the regular store, only at their outlet. They have stuff way over priced in their regular stores, which I dont like at all. But outlet is not bad, specially if you shop a season in advance. Now they must be having very good sales on winter clothing but I havent been there yet :( Have to find time for that, the outlet is an hour away.

Wow! I have been shopping their for several years and haven't had an issue with their clothing. My DD13 is super skinny, but refuses to wear anything super tight. So we have never left out of their with a shirt that just fits. She gets a Medium in shirts and just moved up to a 1/2 in their bottoms. She also gets a Med in Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle.

Can you return the items that you purchase back to the store?

I think that the very thin fabric is the intended style. There is no way (without blushing) to wear some of the henleys without layering. The t-shirts are thicker fabric I have found - except for the sleep wear which is very light.

I am sorry that you are not happy with the clothes.

I have found that these clothes do wash well - I have not noticed any shrinkage and the fabric still looks good. My girls LOVE this style - henley with a cami underneath. With the great clearance prices - I pay 5-6 $ per shirt or less and even if lasts one season I am happy. :)