intex pools

jakcb

Where's the best place to buy the Intex or easy set pools? We had a 15' one, and need to upgrade as the kids get bigger (my 2 and the 3 next door) I have found some good prices on-line, but the shipping always kills the deal! any suggestions? I'l love one at leat 18' or one of those 12x24 ovals. I've love one as cheap as i can get!

Where's the best place to buy the Intex or easy set pools? We had a 15' one, and need to upgrade as the kids get bigger (my 2 and the 3 next door) I have found some good prices on-line, but the shipping always kills the deal! any suggestions? I'l love one at leat 18' or one of those 12x24 ovals. I've love one as cheap as i can get!

Honestly the best deal I have seen is at Sams Club. I think it was 269 or around that for the 16' by 48" deep round pool I think by intex but not the blow up one. This is the one with the PVC pipe frame. I like that better than the blow up top ring type we have had before.

My mom got the biggest one they had 3 years ago. It is perfect. Never had a problem with it. And it wouln't take forever to take it down when it needs to go.

Is this the framed one? or the blow up ones....We are also looking for one, we need the biggest one they make which is like 24 x 52" but its PVC framed and curious how it stands up and is there a frame on the bottom or is the only framework the sides?

There's no framework on the bottom. Think of the legs as a "T" and that's exactly how the frame work is.

I had one and it stood up well to my 4 kids and all of the neighborhood kids. We even left it up all winter, just drained it below the lowest hose inlet. I had the 18' I believe and I paid almost $600 for that sucker.

I got rid of it and ended up getting a splash pool. A whole lot more expensive (almost $8000) but sooooo worth it. The liner is made from ballistics material, the legs all connect at the top and bottom and the pump is much better.

Is this the framed one? or the blow up ones....We are also looking for one, we need the biggest one they make which is like 24 x 52" but its PVC framed and curious how it stands up and is there a frame on the bottom or is the only framework the sides?

We got one on clearance at target about 3 years ago for $75. It has held up wonderfully. The pipes look like pvc but ours is not, they are metal polls that just look like pvc in the pictures. We have used the same pump, same liner since we first bought it. We did get a puncture in because of a rock from the mower but used the patch kit 2 years ago and it still holds. We will have to replace a rope that goes around the outside that takes the stress off the legs and have had to replace some hoses but most of that is from the weather. I just love it and will get another if I ever need to replace it.

We got one on clearance at target about 3 years ago for $75. It has held up wonderfully. The pipes look like pvc but ours is not, they are metal polls that just look like pvc in the pictures. We have used the same pump, same liner since we first bought it. We did get a puncture in because of a rock from the mower but used the patch kit 2 years ago and it still holds. We will have to replace a rope that goes around the outside that takes the stress off the legs and have had to replace some hoses but most of that is from the weather. I just love it and will get another if I ever need to replace it.

Great to know they last, I am thinking this is the way we have to go because of size, we need a much bigger one because the kids are older and need more room (12 and 13). The ones that you blow up the top ring are nice but in the bigger size they flattening out (saw several from Costco doing this). Boy sure wish i could find one for $100 or under LOL

We have had an Intex pool for the past 3 summers. At first we had the blow up one which was fine but a little lopsided. The only thing that I would warn you about with the blow up one is that kids can go over the side. My then 4 year old held on to the side that had more water and rested her body on it, wth her arms holding the bubble part. The water started going out and it was like a big waterfall. It took her up and over the pool and continued emptying on her. It took her months to get back in the pool and swim by herself.

We now have the ones with the poles. Our first time was last year. We got it at Sams Club which I really think is the best deal especially at this time of year. It isnt too hard putting it up and my husband is more confident in this one holding up than the blow up one. It also has a little more space because the poles stand totally upright where the blow up one has that curve around the sides where the bubble is closer to you than the bottom of the pool if that makes sense.

We have had an Intex pool for the past 3 summers. At first we had the blow up one which was fine but a little lopsided. The only thing that I would warn you about with the blow up one is that kids can go over the side. My then 4 year old held on to the side that had more water and rested her body on it, wth her arms holding the bubble part. The water started going out and it was like a big waterfall. It took her up and over the pool and continued emptying on her. It took her months to get back in the pool and swim by herself.

We now have the ones with the poles. Our first time was last year. We got it at Sams Club which I really think is the best deal especially at this time of year. It isnt too hard putting it up and my husband is more confident in this one holding up than the blow up one. It also has a little more space because the poles stand totally upright where the blow up one has that curve around the sides where the bubble is closer to you than the bottom of the pool if that makes sense.

It's good to hear the Sam's one is holding up, I wanted to get one last year but didn't, I'm glad they are back this year, I'm pretty sure this is the way we are going to go. Can you get a cover that makes the water warmer?

It's good to hear the Sam's one is holding up, I wanted to get one last year but didn't, I'm glad they are back this year, I'm pretty sure this is the way we are going to go. Can you get a cover that makes the water warmer?

You can buy solar covers (looks like big bubble wrap) to put on your pools, its necessary here in MT, we drop down at night and was losing the heat in the pool so everynight we put the wrap and cover back on.

I have a blow-up one. it's our third year with it and yea.....it's a pain to set-up and maintain, but look at the other options.....it's either one shown above, a pool membership, which is twice as much or stay indoors.

Whats bad is we live about 750 feet from our lake lol

That is great to swim in lol

But we had to have the pool!

Don't ask me why

I get the solar covers they have at Wal-mart- they are a total cover and solar- some solar covers just float on the surface of the water and that doesnt work for me- too many bugs and stuff get in it.

And if you are going to get a solar cover, I would recommend getting one now or the first time you see them in the store- if you wait until summertime all of the people that bought a pool and discover the cover it comes with lasts about two weeks have bought all of them already!

Thanks for the info about the solar covers, my DH doesn't think one will work cause we don't have sun there 24/7, we have trees everywhere, but that is exactly why we need one, there is enough sun there and I will also tell him it keeps the heat in at night.