2 cent Home Depot purchase!

rachealb

I just thought I would share the awesome deal we got at Home Depot yesterday!

We wanted to get some new cupboards/cabinets for our laundry as we had a freestanding one and it took up tons of room and never stood quite level. So we went to tons of stores. The first Home Depot had a sort of broken one and would only take off about $20 so we said no way. The next Home Depot, however, had some stuff sitting in the back of the nice kitchen area (where they have kitchens set up for ideas). So my hubby asked them about these two boxes of cupboards sitting there and no one knew anything about them. Finally, the appliance guy who has helped us before and is really nice looks up the SKU and they come up at 1 cent each! Well, now my hubby is determined to get them for 1 cent. So another employee comes up and is really rude and says if they are 1 cent they are going to be destroyed and we can't have them, too bad. My hubby asks the other guy to call the manager, who finally comes and says if they are ringing up at 1 cent we have to sell them for that!!! Yay! I actually handed the checkout clerk two pennies to pay. She just laughed.

So, make sure if you find something sitting around out of place at Home Depot to have it price checked and get a manager if one employee is being a jerk!

Thats how we bought our daughters X'mas present. Well, one of them. They had a beautiful sink and vanity in the scratch or dent part and they gave it to me for $40. The display was $200. We took it out of the box in the store to check it and it had a scratch on the bottom that we fixed with paint. You couldn't have told it was there anyhow unless you were on your hands and knees. We always watch that part of the store because she has an old house that we are totally redoing inside. We gave her that, a toilet and new kitchen sink and cabinets for X'mas. I can hear her tell her friends that she got a toilet for X'mas! LOL

That is so awsome, I love hearing stuff like this! As for the employee that was trying to give you a hard time about it drives me crazy, it's like if it's in the back of the store and is ringing up for a penny then home depot doesn't care if it's sold for a penny or it wouldn't have rung it up for that much so why would someone who works there care? Sometimes employees act like the merchandise is theirs and they are losing money out of their pockets, it's so ridiculous that he would rather it be destroyed than give it to someone that wants it for the price that was marked as anyways... I couldn't even picture someone telling someone you can't buy that for the cheap price that it's ringing up as because we're going to throw it away. I'm glad you got a manager and didn't take his word for it.

They have stuff like that all the time. Its stuff that is really old in their inventory or was a display and so on. Its a really good deal.

Does anyone know where to look for these deals in Home Depot? Is there a certain place they keep these old items or scratch and dent or do you just have to get lucky?

We have found scratch and dent stuff at Home Depot before, just never this good of a deal! You can usually ask someone and they will tell you where it is, one of our Home Depot's has a whole aisle of it, but they were the ones that only wanted to give $20 off a cabinet with a big broken chunk out of it. Usually it is toward the back of the store, sometimes sitting on the ground, sometimes on shelves, sometimes both. In the case of the 1 cent cabinets, they were sort of between the nice kitchen displays (the ones that are part of a kitchen with cupboards and sink and stuff so you can design yours) and the appliances. Not all Home Depot's are set up the same, but they were just kind of sitting there so we asked about them. Good luck!

Our home depot calls friends and family..:( One of our friends is a "friend" of the manager Last 2cent clearance they got a new screen door and TWO wine fridges for 2cents each...

I need better "friends" lol

GREAT FIND and way to stick to your guns..that employee just wanted you to leave it so they could buy it later!

They are all year. My step-dad normally dealt with the lighting stuff. it is usually with all the other boxes. Look for one that there is only one of that doesn't really have a display or price around. That's really all the advice I have.

What a cool deal. I dont normally post, but couldnt resist this post:) i could only DREAM of being that lucky. By the way, is there a scratch and dent area in each section or are they all in one spot. I REALLY need some new ceiling fans and actualy some cabinets too. Woulsd I be looking in the same place for BOTH?? Thanks for the help:)