Sam's Club or Costco??

ksjcc

I am not sure if this is where to ask this, but I was wondering if Sam's club or Costco is better? What store has better prices , products etc? I have a Sam's card now but they just put a new Costco in Omaha and was wondering if I should check it out too? I would appreciate any advice! TIA :)

As a current Sam's member, I whole-heartedly support going to Costco. They are more consumer oriented, whereas Sam's is more geared for businesses.

I like Costco's Kirkland brand items. They are inexpensive, but good quality. Costco also has much better customer service and an awesome "no questions" return policy. Sam's says their return policy is just as good, but the one time I tried it was almost not worth my time.

Well I just did the preview at Sams and I would say that most of the prices were in the same range. Sams did have quite a bit more fresh seafood that my Costco. When I read Consumer Reports Smart Shopper it did state that Costco is better for upscale and designer type items. Costco does seem to carry some more expensive brands than Sams. I personally love Costco but wouldn't knock Sams for everyday staples. Also, Sams carries Pampers Cruisers and Costco doesn't.

I personally love Costco! I like the food selections, and would just die if I couldn't have their homemade croissants(mmmm) and other bakery items. :yup:

I like the toy selection at Christmas...many different things that you wouldn't find anywhere else. :)

Thank you all for responding!! Well, I just renewed my Sam's membership last week , I wish I would have asked about it sooner! I do like Sam's for the food items and housewares. It's just that the Costco is closer to me. I will just have to go in sometime for a day pass! Thanks again!!

I belonged to both for a number of years (I piggybacked on my FIL's Sam's Club business membership for only $5/year until they changed that) because the Sam's was only 2 miles from my house while Costco was about 10 miles. When we moved and both warehouses were located a mile from each other, I quickly realized that I did most of my shopping at Costco and that there were only a handful of items that I bought at Sam's. So I stopped renewing my Sam's membership. Another reason for that was because Sam's will let you have a day pass and will let you purchase things without a membership for a 10% premium while Costco will not let you shop there unless you're a member.

RobD

Thank you all for responding!! Well, I just renewed my Sam's membership last week , I wish I would have asked about it sooner! I do like Sam's for the food items and housewares. It's just that the Costco is closer to me. I will just have to go in sometime for a day pass! Thanks again!!

Even though you just renewed your membership, you are not locked in. You will get your membership fee back if you decide to cancel. I wish I had a Costco near me :(

We have a membership to both and I have found myself at Cosco more often then Sams. Sams is easier to get too since they put it on 132 & L but I still go to the new cosco.

If you ever want to go check it out, just let me know. Always looking for a reason to go shopping :D

Thanks again guys for the replies!! Cowandcalves, I know what you mean it's nice Sam's is even closer! It seems it does'nt take very long to get to the new Costco either since it's on Dodge. Can't wait to check out Costco and compare prices! I like to buy things like Tide, and Cascade drop ins etc in bulk have to see how the prices compare! Happy shopping! :)

I really wish we had a costco around me, for some things they just can't be beat, like the return policy, 6 months on computers ( I actually did this to try out a laptop) and forever on other things not electronic, seriously, I asked the manager. If something breaks in 5, 10 years you can still return it, plus they have better sales, I'm always reading about things going on clearance.

i have a sams club membership and like their meat better than costco. i went with my niece yesterday to costco and it seemed so much cleaner than sams but their membership price is higher, but they do have a better selection of non-food items. she has both memberships so if i want something from costco i will go with her-i refuse to pay for both memberships to shop.

Hello all!! Thank you all for your replies!! I still have'nt gotten into the costco in omaha yet!!! I really want to go and compare prices!! With all this cold and snow just have'nt been out much!! We need spring!!! Thanks again! :)