Dishwasher machine - need to buy new one

pmciufo

In 2003, when I bought our new one, I found Lowe's to have the best price/performance ratio.

We bought a Frigidaire dishwasher to replace the GE that came with the house.

I installed it myself (it comes with instructions). If there was one there already, and you can turn a screwdriver (and a pair of pliers), you can do it yourself.

The instructions in the box will have diagrams and be more specific, but this should give you the general idea: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/replacedishwasher.

I searched high and low for deals on a dishwasher before purchasing my Maytag at a Maytag store. I love it! It is so quite. I ended up buying one of their "Dent & Scratched" models (which it is a little tiny scratch on the panel) and we bought a $400.00 dishwasher for $250.00. Definately worth a shot to stop on buy a store.

I bought mine at Lowe's. They have the best prices and will beat competitors prices. Sometimes you can find one on sale at Sears and then get 10% off of it at Lowe's. I love GE that is my favorite brand of appliance. Also, sometimes they have a floor model with a small scratch or dent on it. They don't advertise it, but you can ask them to knock something off of it. I got a GE dryer there. The floor model was all they had. I got it at the discounted price because of the Sears ad. Then I saw a small scratch on the side (barely noticeable) and they knocked $50 off of it.

I have to agree on Lowes. I bought a frigidare over a year ago and it is still going strong no problems. This is my first dishwasher but it was stainless steel and on clerance. Then I talked hubby into a new stove and new fridge to match. Walked out all 3 appliances under 1000. with the x tended warranty.

I had no idea I could love a dishwasher. Bought the consumer reports recommended model last year (a Sears Kenmore brand) and went for the more high end model. Before, I'd always shopped in the total budget range. The new one is amazing. It is soooo quiet. I can put the knife straight from the peanut butter jar into the dishwasher and it comes out clean. No rinsing! The shelves are adjustable and I do adjust them often, depending on what is in there. We eat/cook at home so we run the machine every day and twice on some days.

We've bought a our fridge and dishwasher from Lowe's. Both are Whirlpool's and we love them. I love Lowe's cause they have a "damaged" isle. We have picked up sooo many bargains from this isle. Plus, we are constantly getting 10% off coupons. These come in really handy. For instance, we just got one in the mail along with a deal for carpet installation. So as soon as my hubby gets back from Iraq, we will make a trip to Lowe's (I think he looks forward to going to Lowe's more than his seeing his family :)).

Now if only I could talk him into getting me a new oven.