Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I went to Target yesterday, and all the school supplies were reduced a minimum of 50%. I bought a bunch of backpacks for a school that is in dire need of items for their students. Most of the backpacks that I got were under $4! The backpacks were reduced 75%.

What a very kind thing to do!!! Bless you!

School supplies went 75% here today; however, backpacks and lunchboxes are only 30%. I talked to a couple of the employees and they told me that stuff is considered sporting goods and won't be marked down for a while. :( I'm going to keep checking it though.

Once those school supplies are out of there they are going to want the backpacks out of there too to put out the rest of the halloween stuff. Last year they didn't go down the same day as the school supplies but they were within a week or so of eachother. They're just hoping to sell more of them at 30% off.

practically nothing left for BTS clearance at any of our stores. They did a better job (from their perspective) ordering this year. Ours are all still 30% as of this morning. Hoping they'll drop soon. They have already started setting Christmas stuff as of yesterday.They always have a couple of aisles along with Halloween. They have mostly moved the BTS stuff to end caps in other areas and Halloween was completely set a week ago here.

On Monday when I was in the school supply section there were about 4 employees boxing things up and placing stuff on the big flat carts and taking them to the back. Maybe that is what happened to a lot of school suppplies. I thought they were just moving stuff to set the Halloween. Hopefully they are donating!

On Monday when I was in the school supply section there were about 4 employees boxing things up and placing stuff on the big flat carts and taking them to the back. Maybe that is what happened to a lot of school suppplies. I thought they were just moving stuff to set the Halloween. Hopefully they are donating!

They were boxing all the school supplies up at one of our Targets last night too. I don't think they let it sit more than a day at 75%... not sure when it actually went to 75, but I can't imagine it was longer than just a day or so ago. I went to one of our stores that is always so disorganized and behind on their markdowns and found quite a bit of stuff yesterday.

Don't forget to check the regular office supply aisle! I hit the mother load on those Crayola "Mix 'ems"-- sort of like blendy pens. NONE of them had orange stickers on them-- all hanging in with the regular Crayola stuff. I bought 10 packs and still left several on the shelf. They were 98 cents. I also found a Dymo label maker. The BTS ones are easy to spot... have a yellow flag on the front promoting a free iron on label (I think). They are $5. Also found the triangular crayons, which I had been eyeing for my 2yo to use in church, so her crayons don't go rolling to the front every Sunday!

I didn't familiarize myself too much with what specifically were "back to school" items this year, which makes hunting in those aisles a bit trickier. I have so many markers and pencils from years past, it is ridiculous so I passed on a lot of stuff. I just remembered seeing those mix 'em pens cause my 7yo and her friends LOVE blendy pens. Other than that, I agree that most places didn't have much. At most of the stores I went to, there wasn't much left... which is really more and more the norm around here at clearance time.:(

Just got home and found the deck box bench that I'd been watching for weeks now. When I first got there, it was still only marked 30% and scanned that way too. So I looked around other aisles and when I was just about to leave, I spotted an employee standing near the bench with a scanner. I "ran" back there and she marked it 75% off. Reg $99 and marked down to $24.98.

Also found the boxes of five 2pks Duracell AA batteries 50% for $2.48. I had three 75c coupons on me so got those even though they were only 50%. $1.73a/c for 10 batteries is good enough. Last time I saw those, I waited for them to go lower and then they all disappeared.

### 078-03-0145 Patio Deck Box Bench -75%- $24.98

Yesterday our local Target had school supplies at 30% off and backpacks at 50% off.

I went to the EDH Target, and they were just marking school supplies down to 75% off.

Nothing too exciting. I bought some mini binder clips, 6 pack of hand sanitizer, and

vinyl pencil cases. They had tons of book covers, notebooks and filler paper.

Backpacks were 50% off, and I asked the employee marking stuff down if they were

going lower. She said not till Thursday.

I agree with everyone else. The past few years, there was a ton more stuff that was

left at 75% off. I remember buying Crayola paint sets and crayons.

i noticed the same today at mt target.I know there should have been a lot of crayola stuff but to my surprise the whole BTS stuff was shrunk to a small section.just wondering where the stuff went??

Same thing at my Target-I was so disappointed. They had tons of stuff, all of a sudden it went from 30 to 75 and there was hardly anything. I thought maybe I missed all of the good stuff but I don't see how. Maybe they are saving it for next year.

Also found the boxes of five 2pks Duracell AA batteries 50% for $2.48. I had three 75c coupons on me so got those even though they were only 50%. $1.73a/c for 10 batteries is good enough. Last time I saw those, I waited for them to go lower and then they all disappeared.

### 078-03-0145 Patio Deck Box Bench -75%- $24.98

I heard that if you run across those boxes of 5 batteries, they really aren't supposed to be sold as a "set of 5". If you take one package out and scan it, it scans at 75% off.... they were the school supply batteries! I found 6 packs of them yesterday and they were a quarter each. They took my duracell coups too, so I had a bit of an overage.

Same thing at my Target-I was so disappointed. They had tons of stuff, all of a sudden it went from 30 to 75 and there was hardly anything. I thought maybe I missed all of the good stuff but I don't see how. Maybe they are saving it for next year.

I was at Target when they opened yesterday morning. The markdown team had been at work since 6 and was no wheres near putting a dent in the markdowns. Wound up with 3 carts full in 3 seperate trips between doctor appointment and picking up kids from school and spent a total of 134.78 for 3 carts full of stuff. Poor kids had to sit on cases of spiral notebooks on the way home since my jeep was packed to the hilt. Third time I went in after picking kids up from school the employees gave me a round of applause, LOL I think they are way too used to me at this Target. LOL, the kids got a big laugh out of it though. About a third of the school supplies I bought were donated to my kids' classrooms today so it was all worth it.

markdown team marking backpacks & lunch bags 75% off. A bunch of folders, index cards, pencil pouches, pens & notebooks left at 75% but not a single pack of crayons in sight.

What's left of summer stuff (blow-up pools, water shoes & stuff like that) is still 30% and I even scanned it b/c I didn't believe that it wasn't 75% yet.

I might try another one tomorrow when DH is at work.

I was at Target yesterday and everything but the backpacks were marked 75% (this is in Antioch, TN). I asked that associate when they would be marked down and he told me "probably Thursday" since that's when sporting good are marked down. I have my eye on a cheap Tinkerbell backpack and I hope I can get it!!

I went this morning and school supplies went from 30% to 75% off.

Backpacks were still at 50% off. There were a bunch of team members

back there, but they were busy putting up new Halloween stuff.

They had some 10 packs of red or black Bic Cristal pens for $0.17, and

some 20 packs of generic black pens for $0.12 (I think). Lots of plastic

rulers and Elmer's glue left.

I am hoping tomorrow the backpacks will go 75% off.

Well, picked up a Wii at Target today...they had 3 in the case (sold 2 while i was standing there debating). Also picked up some dollarspot at 50% off (lots of hello kitty stuff), and finally got the water i came in for, lol. Was bummed however to find the deckbox i've been stalking was gone...and I wasn't the only one looking for it...the person was trying to find it to mark it 50% off today too, lol...now i'm waiting for my dd to get home so i can run over to the other target and try to pick it up there. OH yeah, our BTS went 75% off today finally (skipped 50% entirely)...only 1/2 of an aisle instead of the 4-5 aisles the other day...yeah, looks like they took most of the stuff and boxed it out before they marked it down...FOUL!!!

I found the Mix Max's, but I am going to wait to buy it for 75%.

Just my $.02, but a lot of us lost out on these by waiting last year. They salvaged them at 50%. If you REALLY want one, get it and hold it till they do the final markdown. Otherwise they may just salvage them, and you won't get it at all.

Has anyone seen the college 08 go lower than 30-50%? When do you think that will go lower?

THey were marking some of it down to 75% today at one of my stores. I keep hoping they'll do the rugs as I want one for my boys' new room. We moved and have all hardwood floors. Don't want to invest much in the rug for their room since they are so young and will manage to trash it.

School supplies, backpacks & lunch kits all still 30% at 3 local stores. :no::no::no:

I got 2 of the Orange (I think its High School Musical)Disney MixMax players today for $19.99 each. (75% off) They had the movie clips too but they were only 50%. So I will cross my fingers and wait. 08 was still 50% here. Backpacks 30% as was the lunch boxes.

I found the Mix Max at 75% off

### Pirates of the Carribean Mix Max- $19.9x

### Pirates of the Carribean Mix Stick- $19.9x

They also had

### Pirates of the Carribean movie for the mix max- $9.98

### Cheetah Girls 2 for mix max - $9.98

So I am in Rowlett, TX for work and I visited the local Target.

I got a Calphalon Roaster today for 14.98- originally 59.99

3 XBOX 360 games for 9.99 a piece (Viking,Kane and Lynch, and The Club)

a whole bunch of travel stuff at 50% off (toiletries)

And the find of the day was the pink and gray tool kit.It rang up 1.62. Didn't have a sticker, but I just went onto Target.com and the same set is 29.99! I bought 2 out of the 4 of them.

Pretty good day, but oh, how to get this stuff packed on the plane to take home? I guess I will have to go back to buy one of the suitcases that are on clearance.

Edited by alexac

I went this morning the College stuff was at 50%. I just went back and everything but towels and bedding was 75% off. I got big totes w/ lids for $1.74 (not marked) and dishes for 3.24. The lamp sets were 75% also but I left those. I was so bummed; there was a ton of the chairs this morning and tonight they were gone.

Ironing boards (full size) $2.24

Wonderful day at Target. Seems like everything I was watching a week ago at 30% jumped to 75% this week. Back To School section was 75% off (except for backpacks and lunchboxes) and College 08 stuff was 75% off (except for bedding and towels).

Picked up the five pack of notebooks for 12 cents! The same kind of notebook (single one subject) is 48 cents in the BTS clearance aisle. C'mon now, you tell me what the better deal is! LOL.

Got Post-It cube for a buck, Crayola Color Wonder Fairies for $1.24 (used 50 cent coupon), and 3M Scotch Tape for 74 cents.

Also snagged:

### 002-05-1240 College 08 six shelf closet organizer $2.48 (was $9.99)

### 049-06-0930 Gillette Fusion Phenom razor "Game Face College Tour" pack

(came with a travel sized shaving gel, travel sized Gillette deoderant, and a small football shaped dry erase message board) $3.98 (was $7.99). I even used a $4 Fusion MFQ, so free for me!

### 083-01-0129 "Finding Nemo" 1.5 gallon fish tank $7.48 (was $29.99)

### 249-19-0021 Room Essentials black five drawer storage $12.48 (was $49.99)

### Room Essentials butterfly chair (black or dark blue) $7.48 (was $29.99)

Edited by Christine1227

Gillette Fusion Phenom razor "Game Face College Tour" pack

(came with a travel sized shaving gel, travel sized Gillette deoderant, and a small football shaped dry erase message board) $3.98 (was $7.99). I even used a $4 Fusion MFQ, so free for me!

FREE for me too. Couldn't believe there was some left