Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Hi there, new poster here from Texas. Wish I had known about you guys back in Jan/Feb when I was scouring every Target for cheap linens and housewares!

I also saw the Filtrete air purifier mentioned above, at $74.98 it still seemed too pricey to me, and requires $20+ filters. :( I'm hoping the Honeywell permanent HEPA purifiers will go on sale, anyone think they might?

Saw some Smith & Hawken wooden patio furniture and some metal mesh tables 50% off. No umbrellas yet, I am waiting as well.

Most varieties of mattress pads were 50% off, including 2" Serta memory foam (which I think was $75 on sale?).

Bought a dark wood and cane mirror 75% off for $12.48, two wooden leaf wall art pieces 75% off for $4.98 each, and a metal candle lantern 75% off for $6.48. I think they were left over from the last clearance in that seasonal Home Decor section near Housewares.

I have been finding lots of internet returns lately, with the red and white "AS IS" sticker mentioned earlier. Last week I bought some OPI nailpolish for $2.81 and stacking metal shoe shelves for $2.24 each. I also saw cordless lithium Dremel kits for around $50 bucks. If DH didn't already have a corded one I would have bought one!

Hi there, new poster here from Texas. Wish I had known about you guys back in Jan/Feb when I was scouring every Target for cheap linens and housewares!

I also saw the Filtrete air purifier mentioned above, at $74.98 it still seemed too pricey to me, and requires $20+ filters. :( I'm hoping the Honeywell permanent HEPA purifiers will go on sale, anyone think they might?

Saw some Smith & Hawken wooden patio furniture and some metal mesh tables 50% off. No umbrellas yet, I am waiting as well.

Most varieties of mattress pads were 50% off, including 2" Serta memory foam (which I think was $75 on sale?).

Bought a dark wood and cane mirror 75% off for $12.48, two wooden leaf wall art pieces 75% off for $4.98 each, and a metal candle lantern 75% off for $6.48. I think they were left over from the last clearance in that seasonal Home Decor section near Housewares.

I have been finding lots of internet returns lately, with the red and white "AS IS" sticker mentioned earlier. Last week I bought some OPI nailpolish for $2.81 and stacking metal shoe shelves for $2.24 each. I also saw cordless lithium Dremel kits for around $50 bucks. If DH didn't already have a corded one I would have bought one!

WELCOME TO GOTTA DEAL :yup:

We are a friendly albeit crazy group sometimes...you will find bargains here and friends...

what more could you ask for :tongue1:

Hi all. I have been out of the regular circuit lately. Gas is eating us alive at $4.59/gallon now, so I have curtailed my shopping. But I did a full circuit at the Pasadena Madre store today, and saw a LOT of red stickers. I wasn't getting into a lot of detail since I was pretty tired (been moving one of my 2 businesses and getting ready to move houses), but there were a large number of items in the linens area and food. I saw several areas with big clearance sections. A lot of women's clothing, too.

Anyway, I thought clearance was completely down, but there was more than I realized, just not what I was looking for....

Hi all. I have been out of the regular circuit lately. Gas is eating us alive at $4.59/gallon now, so I have curtailed my shopping. But I did a full circuit at the Pasadena Madre store today, and saw a LOT of red stickers. I wasn't getting into a lot of detail since I was pretty tired (been moving one of my 2 businesses and getting ready to move houses), but there were a large number of items in the linens area and food. I saw several areas with big clearance sections. A lot of women's clothing, too.

Anyway, I thought clearance was completely down, but there was more than I realized, just not what I was looking for....

I hadnt been in awhile to just peruse the store either ...so went today and saw lots of towels,bathroom rugs,toilet seat covers on sale 30% I think. Lots of the yellow and white items like the dish towels,napkins and sheets. The patio stuff is 50% off. Didnt see much food... one endcap... had bubblelicious gum; asian spices; flavored waters and a few other things I cant remember. Some of the bathroom accessories were 30% off. Spiderman and the froggie stuff but not all of any of it. Not sure what determined which pieces were discounted.

I've noticed that much of our clearance hasn't been on the endcaps, and all of the targets I've been to recently have had whole aisles with random clearance things in them. It's like the clearance aisles at walmart. Yesterday there were two aisles and it had everything from tables to dog treats. maybe they're moving away from the endcap system?

:confused:

My Target started clearancing their Whimsical by Cynthia Rowley line today. It's only at 30% right now, so I can't wait for it to go more!!! Does this mean that they'll start their other summer stuff soon??

It might, but they sometimes clearance things early if they aren't selling well or at least not well in a particular area.

Spiderman quilt for $12.48 (reg $49.99). I don't know where this came from, I hadn't seen it before & I'm there everyother day!:D

Spiderman head piggy bank $3.48 (reg $14.99)

spiderman poster $1.48 (reg $5.99)

My son loves Spiderman!!:cheesy:

Sofa cover $29.99 (reg 59.99, internet return)

Corndogs $2.96

Pirates of the carribean Capitan Jack with boat $4.96 and Davy Jones action figure $1.98

Sponge Bob football $3.96

pair girls socks $0.11

St Louis Cardinals boys hoodie $4.96--woo hoo:D

I'm waiting on some girls underware 3pks and sport bra 2pks that were only 30% off

There was more, I just can't remember it all

Welcome to GD! :yup:

What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Dallas and waiting for the patio furniture to go on sale. I haven't checked this week yet but I will definatly go tomorrow if it's in our area.

I've noticed that much of our clearance hasn't been on the endcaps, and all of the targets I've been to recently have had whole aisles with random clearance things in them. It's like the clearance aisles at walmart. Yesterday there were two aisles and it had everything from tables to dog treats. maybe they're moving away from the endcap system?

:confused:

From my experience when they first get marked down, say 15%, a lot of times they stay in their regular spots. However, almost always when they go down to the next markdown they get moved to an endcap.

Our summer plastics, etc are 15%, patio sets, etc were either 15% or 30%, can't remeber. I did get 2 MM ...YAY ! Also 3 4 packs of Double Roll Charmin marked $1.84 (50%) plus I had a 3 q's for $1 of each so I scored 12 rolls for $2.52. Also found a Cover Girl Tru Blend set 30% of for $6.48, used a $1 off q and got it for $5.48, powder and liquid cover up in one package. Also found Ziploc bags for 15% , but I had additional q's for $0.35 more off. All but 2 of the q's I used were expired and they took them with no issues.

I finally found a few deals.

toddler mickey mouse gang t-shirt 75% $1.48

baby swim stuff with spf 50 (t-shirts, shorts, skirts, sunglasses with strap) 75% $1.48

kids socks auro name brand 50% and some have coupons attached for .50

big box huggies for 15% (better than full price & had $2 Target coupon)...it's the one that has reg huggies diapers with a few bonus huggies supreme in there as well

Where did you get the target huggies coupon?

[What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Dallas and waiting for the patio furniture to go on sale. I haven't checked this week yet but I will definatly go tomorrow if it's in our area.

Our patio furniture is 50% off. There are long wooden tables and matching chairs and the small round metal tables. Rest is still 15% off.

Saw a bunch of ice chests originally $29.95 marked 30% off...Cant wait for them to go further...

Did buy 2 fold up chairs in a bag near all the picnic stuff...They were 6.99 a piece...All the Cynthia Rowley stuff is marked at 30% off...I bought a few things that I really wanted..as I dont expect much to be left at 50 & 75% off...

Welcome to GD! :yup:

What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Dallas and waiting for the patio furniture to go on sale. I haven't checked this week yet but I will definatly go tomorrow if it's in our area.

Hi maxndeals, I'm in the Dallas area too! I only saw select items on sale, maybe they are waiting until after July 4th to do the rest? I will keep my eye out though, I need cushions and an umbrella. I'm starting to see gardening items on clearance also (pruners, fertilizers, etc)

All of our Whim by Cynthia Rowley went 50% today...which was quick because it was only 30% on Monday!!! Wonder if it'll be 75% by Friday... There was TONS of stuff still there too...

Our went 50% also. There were 3 full isles left so I think there should be plenty at 75%.

Saw a bunch of ice chests originally $29.95 marked 30% off...Cant wait for them to go further...

Did buy 2 fold up chairs in a bag near all the picnic stuff...They were 6.99 a piece...All the Cynthia Rowley stuff is marked at 30% off...I bought a few things that I really wanted..as I dont expect much to be left at 50 & 75% off...

The ice chests were all 50% off today. I got a small one for dh to take to work for $7.XX. The large ones were $12.XX