Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Thanks for the tip Snausages. Whenever I'm looking for an item, I always check the inventory there and at the Mount Vernon one but they're always oos. I figured they are both pretty high traffic stores.

As for the NJ stores, I usually shop the Watchung, Union, and Clark stores. Watchung is closest to me so I shop there the most but I think Union has the best clearance. I'm not really sure why I still go to the Clark store. I've only been to Bridgewater twice and Linden once. Nothing great there.

Thanks for the tips! I've found that the farther from main thoroughfare traffic, the better you have a chance. Also, Riverdale is very very difficult to hide anything because so many ppl around. I feel like I am being watched from all sides!!!

finally found an awesome deal after a really long period of just looking LOL

Was looking for an ipod/mp3 player transmitter for my car

it will play your music through the radio

Just happened to find a white VR3 I believe transmitter in the ipod isle

orginally 49.99

priced 24.99

rang up 12.45!

this is it, found it on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/VR3-MP3-PLAYER-MODULATOR-TRANSMITTER/dp/B000FCI7KS/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1207273494&sr=8-37

Edited by Madettica

Have you actually tried it? I ask because I had a register coupon that was for $1 off a cafe purchase, and they could not make it work on the popcorn combo. It was VERY annoying. Despite the sign that says $1, it actually rings up as $.99 which invalidated the coupon. :shock::no: It was really unbelievable. The manager couldn't do it either. I was more than a little annoyed that day.

Sadly the one lady at our Target cafe is so unable to understand the cash register that she can barely get through my usual transaction of one apple juice box and one small icee. I don't want to disrespect her but often I wait so long that I want to throw myself bodily over the counter and just ring it thru myself! We don't have Pizza Hut food either, just the Archer Farms stuff and then a Starbucks next to it. And our popcorn/drink combo is STILL $2! :no:

The Npower Fission doesn't play video. The Fusion does. I think it depends on your dd and which characters she likes. I got my dd9 the Fusion because she's into NBB and she has waaay much Disney (HM and HSM esp.) stuff already. I haven't given it to her yet, and it's still in the box so I can't give a review yet.

Sorry but I meant the Npower Fusion....is it the same as the Disney max? Can you download movies/videos off the internet on both of them....I got dd8 the Npower Fusion reg $79.xx for $19.xx but I'm not sure if I should return it and get her the Disney max for her b-day in july...

Any info will help cuz I have NO Clue when it comes to electronic devices!!!:) TIA

Sorry but I meant the Npower Fusion....is it the same as the Disney max? Can you download movies/videos off the internet on both of them....I got dd8 the Npower Fusion reg $79.xx for $19.xx but I'm not sure if I should return it and get her the Disney max for her b-day in july...

Any info will help cuz I have NO Clue when it comes to electronic devices!!!:) TIA

I have been waiting for the Npower Fusions to go to 75% off. They have been at 50% for close to a month now at my local Target. Did yours just drop recently? My kids have them but I want to get the Naked Brothers Band ones for a couple of my nieces as birthday gifts. I sure would like to get them at 75%. We have no complaints regarding the Nickelodeon units. I think they are basically the same as the Disney Mix Max.

not sure if these have been posted...but found Sony noise canceling headphones from 99 down to 24 bucks! Found a larger set with bigger ear covers and then a pair of bud ones. They were on an electronic end cap.

Then, found those pre loaded mp3 players, but they are still at $49 bucks and $59, so did not buy any.

Yep. They are pretty much the same. According to the box, the Fusion supports the following: mp3, wma, pd-drm, wm-drm/video playback. It comes with 1GB internal storage, but you can add additional storage via the SD/MMC card slot. The Fusion also comes pre-loaded with some games...I'm not sure whether the Mix Max does or not. Another bonus is that the Fusion battery is rechargeable. Again, I don't know about the Mix Max, but none of my other mp3 players have this, so I'm thrilled with that. The Fusion (and probably the Mix Max) comes with a cable to connect it to your computer's USB port. It's plug-n-play, so adding downloaded content shouldn't be too difficult. HTH

Hi everyone, I'm new around here but am an avid perimeter peruser at Target. :) Been doing it a long time and get such a rush from finding cheap stuff! LOL.

Just thought I'd post about my most recent finds -

LOTS of good clearance in the lingerie section. I found Hanes womens panties for $1.58 an 8 pack. Also picked up a few bras (some Champion/C9, Gillian O'Malley, and Hanes) for various prices ranging from 2 to 4 bucks. There were Hanes tummy and thigh controller pants for $3.74 regular 14.99! There were Listerine and Kotex pads on clearance too, but only at 15% off so I'm going to wait on those.

My best find today were Easter sticky post-it notes from the Dollar Spot, Easter MagnaDoodles and Easter Etch-A-Sketches. Of course they all rung up "Item Not Found" and I happily skipped to the cashier to have them give it to me for 90% off.

Found two of those Disney puzzles everyone had been posting about. Rung up 0.00 but I found a clerk that use their gun and said they were 3.74. Yippee! Now the bad news. I saw a whole row of YuGiOh and Pokemon cards in the Easter bubble packs. Still ringing up 9.99. Grabbed four of the YuGiOh and took them to the lone, young clerk (it was 9:30PM and the store closes at 10PM so pretty empty) and told her I believed Easter had gone 75% off so she gave them to me for that. After checking this site because I didn't remember seeing Easter had actually gone 90%, and finding it did, called my mom and told her to run over there and get the rest and tell them they should be 90% off. She got there and the card company rep was boxing them up. My mom said to her shouldn't they be on clearance and the rep said no, they were 9.99. My mom said but my daughter got them last night at 75% off and the rep said "she shouldn't have" so no more cards and the ones I got were at 75%. Too little too late. I guess I was lucky to get the four I did. I've got to start making notes of everything on here to carry with me. It seems sometimes I read about great deals but as soon as I step into the store, I forget what I read. Lesson learned (haha)

Yep. They are pretty much the same. According to the box, the Fusion supports the following: mp3, wma, pd-drm, wm-drm/video playback. It comes with 1GB internal storage, but you can add additional storage via the SD/MMC card slot. The Fusion also comes pre-loaded with some games...I'm not sure whether the Mix Max does or not. Another bonus is that the Fusion battery is rechargeable. Again, I don't know about the Mix Max, but none of my other mp3 players have this, so I'm thrilled with that. The Fusion (and probably the Mix Max) comes with a cable to connect it to your computer's USB port. It's plug-n-play, so adding downloaded content shouldn't be too difficult. HTH

MixMax doesn't come with anything preloaded that I recall. It is also rechargeable through a USB cable attachment to the computer. They also sell some add-on pieces like a wall charger and such. I think they are roughly the same.

I have been waiting for the Npower Fusions to go to 75% off. They have been at 50% for close to a month now at my local Target. Did yours just drop recently? My kids have them but I want to get the Naked Brothers Band ones for a couple of my nieces as birthday gifts. I sure would like to get them at 75%. We have no complaints regarding the Nickelodeon units. I think they are basically the same as the Disney Mix Max.

One store had it at 75%off the other it is still at 50% off....So of course I bought the one that was 75% off :)

Hi

It's been a while. I am in Chino, CA right now...

Snausages etcetera...I hope you are talking about Riverdale NY and not Riverdale NJ! Otherwise you are missing out on some great deals. The majority of my haul comes from Riverdale, NJ...As far as the crowds go it's not bad at all depending on what time you go.

Found a whole stash of the Kelly dolls (easter packaging) in toys. How did I miss those? I bought all 9 0f them up to the cash register... Obviously said Item Not Found... Cashier gave them to be for .25 each! She was an older woman that said the origonal price couldn't have been that much as it was "little packages" as she put it. So she said a quarter. I almost did a happy dance. LOL.

Tons of candy bars on clearance. Right now .44 each. I did find the large Nestle dark chocolate bars on clearance for .26. I bought all 8 as my husband is addicted to dark chocolate. I'll put them in his lunch.

Today I found several good things 75%.

I bought 2 Closetmaid systems for 5-6 ft closets for $17.xx (marked down from $69.99), a Stanley IntelliLaser level / stud finder for $11.24 (reg $44.99), some flameless votive 2pks for $3.xx (reg $12.99), 2 grass / herb kits for $4.24 (reg $16.99), and some wall stickers 75% off.

I also saw them marking flash lights, lightswitch and outlet covers, crazy glue, light bulbs, and tons of other things down in that department.

I also need to make a list of everything that is being talked about, I never remember when I am at Target. I wanna head over there today but DD is sick and I can't take her out so I will have to wait til later when dh gets home from work.

Today I found several good things 75%.

I bought 2 Closetmaid systems for 5-6 ft closets for $17.xx (marked down from $69.99), a Stanley IntelliLaser level / stud finder for $11.24 (reg $44.99), some flameless votive 2pks for $3.xx (reg $12.99), 2 grass / herb kits for $4.24 (reg $16.99), and some wall stickers 75% off.

I also saw them marking flash lights, lightswitch and outlet covers, crazy glue, light bulbs, and tons of other things down in that department.

I went to two Targets today and neither of them would let me purchase the grass/herb kits. The salesperson said they were recalled but didn't know why.

Hi

Snausages etcetera...I hope you are talking about Riverdale NY and not Riverdale NJ! Otherwise you are missing out on some great deals. The majority of my haul comes from Riverdale, NJ...As far as the crowds go it's not bad at all depending on what time you go.

I am talking about the NY one in the Bronx. Sorry for any confusion!:tongue1:

I went to Target today and I was shocked to find several toys marked at 75% off but still on the shelves in the toy isles instead of on the end caps! I know there was Playdoh for 75% off making them 4.xx. This was several small containers in a large, clear turtle. Some finger boards already ringing up NOF. Other things but now I don't remember :)

Organize-It stackable storage 75% off. Black and Decker Magnetic Drive Guide Set 31 pc

2.xx. I saw a spot for a 71 gallon deck box w/ wheels on clearance but they were gone :no:

Car speakers 75% off but I decided to leave those behind.

I went to two Targets today and neither of them would let me purchase the grass/herb kits. The salesperson said they were recalled but didn't know why.

Really? wow! Now I'm gonna have to do some research to figure out what that's about. I had no issues at my stores though. I went to 2 different ones and at the first store, they only had one type so I got it. The other store had 1 single kit left and it wasn't marked down so I had to ask someone to scan it for me and put the new sticker on it. She didn't say a word about a recall.

Hi

Depending on exactly where you are, there is a pretty decent Target in Chino Hills at the Grand Exit off the 60 freeway. Enjoy your visit!

were those the ones from Smith & Hawken in the pastel glazed pots? I had been eyeing them! That is at least the 2nd time that one of their products has been mysteriously "recalled" when they were in mid clearance! I tried to buy some stuff last year and that happened.

were those the ones from Smith & Hawken in the pastel glazed pots? I had been eyeing them! That is at least the 2nd time that one of their products has been mysteriously "recalled" when they were in mid clearance! I tried to buy some stuff last year and that happened.

YES! those are the ones. One store near me had probably 4-5 of them left, but only the one kind (2 days ago, they had several different colors/varieties). So I bought one of those and went off to the other store. Again, 2 days ago they had tons of them but today I didn't see any where they were. I thought I was just out of luck and was looking at some stuff back in another dept and one was sitting on the shelf in the wrong spot. I had someone scan it and she put a new 75% sticker on it and off I went. She didn't say a word about it being recalled.

I've also been searching on google for any news of an actual recall and haven't found anything. I'm just trying to figure out if this is something that I should be concerned about or not. lol