Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

between the Disney Mix Max and the N Power Fission, which is better? I want to get one for my DD8 b-day in July but I am not sure which one is better...I want to get one that plays movies, music and displays pictures on it.....TIA for all your opinions...

I think both are of comparable quality and compatibility as far as playing the little SD cards you can buy or making your own with CD's you might already have. Disney products are going to be abit more in cost. I am watching the Spongebob ones because my son likes them, and got my daughter the Tink one from Graveyard since thats what she's into. I started the kids off with just the mix sticks, they were nice and they did well with them. I didn't pay alot for them and that was a key factor in case they ended up lost. One thing is that the mix sticks (first generation) don't have the ability to pick a song, you have to fast forward until you get to the song (unless we didn't know of a feature it might have had) but since there is no display, it was hard to pick a song but if they want to play all the songs, works great for that.

I have a question....Are all Dollar Spots the same at Targets across the US?

The reason I am asking is you guys had reported seeing Monkey/Jungle items in the dollar spot area for $2.50. Well my sister in law looked for me in Sioux Falls, SD (bigger city around here), and she said they didn't have any monkey decor anywhere in the store. I am thinking about making a trip to one of my area Targets (Mason City IA, Sioux City, IA, or Fort Dodge, IA) looking specifically for these monkey items and don't want to be disappointed if they don't have any.

Would you just call ahead and ask if these items were in their Dollar Spot (That is what it is called right?) area? Thanks so much!!

The reason I am asking is you guys had reported seeing Monkey/Jungle items in the dollar spot area for $2.50. Well my sister in law looked for me in Sioux Falls, SD (bigger city around here), and she said they didn't have any monkey decor anywhere in the store. I am thinking about making a trip to one of my area Targets (Mason City IA, Sioux City, IA, or Fort Dodge, IA) looking specifically for these monkey items and don't want to be disappointed if they don't have any.

Would you just call ahead and ask if these items were in their Dollar Spot (That is what it is called right?) area? Thanks so much!!

I would call ahead, our store here in Montana had monkey items, I didn't spend alot of time looking but it is worth the call to find out before venturing out if its a long drive. I also saw monkey stuff in linens area, probably bath stuff and also near furniture/housewares

I would call ahead, our store here in Montana had monkey items, I didn't spend alot of time looking but it is worth the call to find out before venturing out if its a long drive. I also saw monkey stuff in linens area, probably bath stuff and also near furniture/housewares

Thanks for answering. Yes two of the places are 1 1/2 hours away while the other is right around an hour to get there. So I just ask if their store has any monkey/jungle bedroom/bathroom items in their Dollar Spot... CORRECT??? :o

I go to the Sioux Falls,SD target almost daily in fact was just there last night, and the monkey stuff is in the dollar spot for 2.50, I am not sure what was there as I just skimmed it with my kids and they were more interested in the dinosaur stuff but I do remember some slippers for sure cause I thought they were cute, I am sure I will go again sometime today so I can look and see for sure what is all there. There is also monkey stuff in the bathroom section and some in the kitchen aisle on an endcap and with some of the summer stuff.

I do have to share what I got last night for my dtr, a 3 piece bikini set for 4.01. It must have been a return because it had the red/white as is sticker on it but could not find anything wrong with it. They also had other ones as well, and then were ones with the other swimsuits for reg. price. I also got 2 old spice gift sets that comes with 2 body washes and a travel body wash for 2.48!

We just went to for the popcorn an drink deal...nothing to swell today.

Okay, I have a dumb question...can you tell me the advantage to having the DCPI number, other than being able to confirm one is looking at the same item someone has posted about. What am I missing? Thanks

don't know if anyone noticed but the target website coupons have a coupon out right now for FREE Pizza Hut Breadsticks when you spend $1 at the cafe...that means popcorn, soda, & breadsticks for $1!!!!!!!

NOW that is a great deal!!!

My Target had nada again today for clearance. They had hardware and automotive all

cleared out but it was only 30% off and mostly flashlights etc.

No MM juices..at all...no 10 or 15 packs...I wonder if they are not going to be selling them

any longer:confused:

My Target had nada again today for clearance. They had hardware and automotive all

cleared out but it was only 30% off and mostly flashlights etc.

No MM juices..at all...no 10 or 15 packs...I wonder if they are not going to be selling them

any longer:confused:

That's what I was wondering... My niece loves the MM juices, and I always try to have some in the house when she comes over...

We have about 10 stores in our general area, and they do not always have the same stuff. Usually the general assortment is the same, but some stores seem to have less than others. They had some cute Littlest Pet Shop stuff the last round, but about 1/2 our stores never got it at all.

We just went to for the popcorn an drink deal...nothing to swell today.

Okay, I have a dumb question...can you tell me the advantage to having the DCPI number, other than being able to confirm one is looking at the same item someone has posted about. What am I missing? Thanks

If your store has the scanners with the keypad, you can enter it in to see if they have more in the back. You can call your store to see if they have any in stock. You can ask a team member to look in the back if the scanner doesn't have the keypad on it. Used to be there was an online thing that allowed you to more or less check stock at various stores. That's gone, unfortunately. You can go to guest services and ask them to check stock at other stores in the area.

don't know if anyone noticed but the target website coupons have a coupon out right now for FREE Pizza Hut Breadsticks when you spend $1 at the cafe...that means popcorn, soda, & breadsticks for $1!!!!!!!

Does the cafe serve Pizza Hut breadsticks? I have never seen any Pizza Hut stuff there before? Is it at certain Target's?

Does the cafe serve Pizza Hut breadsticks? I have never seen any Pizza Hut stuff there before? Is it at certain Target's?

Not all Target stores have them. They also have Taco Bell stuff in some stores. Some have both. Some have Starbucks. Some have none of the above.

Have you actually tried it? I ask because I had a register coupon that was for $1 off a cafe purchase, and they could not make it work on the popcorn combo. It was VERY annoying. Despite the sign that says $1, it actually rings up as $.99 which invalidated the coupon. :shock::no: It was really unbelievable. The manager couldn't do it either. I was more than a little annoyed that day.

Have you actually tried it? I ask because I had a register coupon that was for $1 off a cafe purchase, and they could not make it work on the popcorn combo. It was VERY annoying. Despite the sign that says $1, it actually rings up as $.99 which invalidated the coupon. :shock::no: It was really unbelievable. The manager couldn't do it either. I was more than a little annoyed that day.

I got one of those coupons a few months back and I used it on the $1 popcorn combo and it worked. I only paid the tax on it. The register took it too.

Stopped by Target at lunch and found the flashlights, Black & Decker tools and Jensen car stereos (240 watt $34.98 and 160 watt $24.98) and 425 Watt amplifiers ($19.99) are now 75% off. I got several of the hand-crank flashlight radios from $29.99 to $7.48. Thought they would make great guy gifts. I also saw door knobs and lock sets and other locks 75% off as well as some other items in hardware like painting supplies, etc...

Does the 'Search Target Inventory' thingy not work anymore?? The one you used to be able to put the DCPI in and see if a product was in one of your local Targets?

Also, anyone happen to know if the wall decals went cheaper? I think they were 50% last week.

Does the 'Search Target Inventory' thingy not work anymore?? The one you used to be able to put the DCPI in and see if a product was in one of your local Targets?

Also, anyone happen to know if the wall decals went cheaper? I think they were 50% last week.

Ours was still 50% off.

If your store has the scanners with the keypad, you can enter it in to see if they have more in the back. You can call your store to see if they have any in stock. You can ask a team member to look in the back if the scanner doesn't have the keypad on it. Used to be there was an online thing that allowed you to more or less check stock at various stores. That's gone, unfortunately. You can go to guest services and ask them to check stock at other stores in the area.

Thank you.......we don't have the keypads :(, but I'm glad to know how to use these numbers now!

No. It broke a few weeks back, and didn't get fixed. No one has found a real replacement. Some items you can find on target.com and can use their site to find things.

Went to Target today and there was nothing exciting at all! Only got some hamster stuff for 50% off. I am watching some clothes that are 30% off. I have never seen this before but they have not been marked down further for about 3 weeks now. Has anyone seen this-where it takes so long for more markdowns? Usually clothes get marked down pretty quick!

Went to Target today and there was nothing exciting at all! Only got some hamster stuff for 50% off. I am watching some clothes that are 30% off. I have never seen this before but they have not been marked down further for about 3 weeks now. Has anyone seen this-where it takes so long for more markdowns? Usually clothes get marked down pretty quick!

It does seem they are taking longer to mark things down lately. The NPowers at my Targets sat at 30% for the longest time (a month maybe) before finally going to 50%.

Thanks for the tip Snausages. Whenever I'm looking for an item, I always check the inventory there and at the Mount Vernon one but they're always oos. I figured they are both pretty high traffic stores.

As for the NJ stores, I usually shop the Watchung, Union, and Clark stores. Watchung is closest to me so I shop there the most but I think Union has the best clearance. I'm not really sure why I still go to the Clark store. I've only been to Bridgewater twice and Linden once. Nothing great there.

We have about 10 stores in our general area, and they do not always have the same stuff. Usually the general assortment is the same, but some stores seem to have less than others. They had some cute Littlest Pet Shop stuff the last round, but about 1/2 our stores never got it at all.

The Littlest Pet Shop stuff was in the dollar spot??