Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

went to eastchase and got a TON of stuff. For starters I got my very first MM grape juice :) In the easter section I got:

1 mlp = 1.24

3 kelly = 1.24 each

2 disney princess (cinderlla and sleeping beauty) = 1.24 each

1 stuffed easter elmo = 1.24

1 stuffed easter mickey = 1.24

1 stuffed easter minne = 1.24

4 stuffed sesame characters (elmo, oscar, ernie, and cookie- i think) = 3.24

1 mr potato head basket with 3 heads and accessories = 3.24

10 packs of playdoo eggs = .50 each

2 scrunci hair packs = 2.24

3 little purses with hair accessories = .74

1 pack of 6 sesame pre filled eggs = 2.24

1 pack of little people pre filled eggs = 2.24

2 egg coloring kits = .24 each

1 egg display thing = 1.24

1 sesame coloring book = .50

1 sesame reading book = .74

2 packs of lip smackers = 1.24 each

1 pack elmo eggs to fill = .79

1 bath fizz = .74

There could be more but that is all I can think of.

Never tasted them - they might be great, but the sound of them makes me go :yuck:

Which reminds me....those adorable little white chocolate ducks and the marshmallow chick heads, etc. They are NASTY!!!!!! :yuck::yuck: Truly weird tasting. Don't recommend them even at the discount price.

The store I went to was boxing up all the Easter items. Are they not planning on going 90 this year?

I thought the always went at least 90?! I hope all stores aren't like this...

Oh, they'll go to 90%. They are probably just moving it. They do that sometimes with holiday merchandise, particularly if there isnt' a ton. I'd check back in a day or two on the end caps in other departments and especially near wherever it was.

Okay, sorry for doing a bunch of posts in a row, but just got back from my all day trek to several stores. DH stayed home with the little one who is on spring break to do fun stuff with him, so I had freedom!

Anyway, had to share my freakish experience! I was in a store that I go to only a few times a year and I kept feeling like the security guy was following me around. :gdparanoid::gdparanoid: It was weird. I felt like I was going to get in trouble for doing something wrong even though I wasn't doing anything. :eyepoppin I was, however, wandering around looking to see if I could uncover anyone's Easter stash. I know the good hiding places, and I did find some goodies. :razz:

Well, as I was walking around, I thought I was seeing a lot more than the usual number of security guys. I was squatting down to look at something on the bottom shelf of one aisle, and one of them was squatting down by the end cap and looking down the row like he was trying not to be seen. That REALLY freaked me out! :eek::shock: Then I see some of them running through the aisles and doing the squat and peek thing. So I kept browsing around and finally saw a group of like 4 guards walking down the main aisle and asked if something was going on. Turned out they were having some sort of final training test for some certification!! :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least I wasn't the only one. A couple of other customers came up to me and asked what they said. They were freaking out too. After all the stories you hear about shootings and stuff, you start wondering if you need to leave the store when they are acting like this.

My best deal of the day was 4 boxes of Duraflame logs for $4.24 each. My husband loves those. I also found a Dremel tool down from $39.99 to $9.99. Unfortunately, the rest of the tools were not marked down any further...

Do you know which Model the Dremel was?

Do yo have a ASIN# or DPCI#?

just an fyi for when you can't find the mm deal, I was reluctant to try the Target brand of the Capri-Sun drinks but I picked up 1 pack ($1.50) and now my dd asks for the red juice (the container's top half is red) meaning the Target Capri-Sun and NOT the real Capri-Sun. She loves the fruit punch one.

can some of the PRO's chime in here and let me know when does the Dollar spot go 50% to 75%? is there a schedule that they use? And is the consensus here Friday is 90% on Easter?? I woke up waay early to start deal hunting today... and am not sure if I want to do it again tomorrow...:cheesy:

just an fyi for when you can't find the mm deal, I was reluctant to try the Target brand of the Capri-Sun drinks but I picked up 1 pack ($1.50) and now my dd asks for the red juice (the container's top half is red) meaning the Target Capri-Sun and NOT the real Capri-Sun. She loves the fruit punch one.

My kids LOVE the fruit punch too! For 1.50 you just can't beat it

There were 2 different type of tees.. one was 99c and the other was 1.25. The capris were 1.24 I think. They had baby outfits too but didnt look at those prices. The tees and the capris were spring colors but didnt look "Eastery" at all. Good luck!!!

Where were the baby outfits? What did they look like? I found the toddler stuff still in with the regular clothes not marked, but I couldn't find any baby stuff.

I found so much great stuff at the two Targets I went to.

Spiderman Mr. Potato head: 2.49

Transformer Mr. Potato head: 2.49

Burt's bees lip balm 2pk: 1.47

Burt's bees tinted lip gloss: 1.37

Matchbox eggs (6 cars): 2.49

Nickelodeon matchbox 3 pk: 1.24

Bible cookbook (last one): 3.47

Crockpot cookbook (last one): 1.99

There was plenty more to pick from but nothing else we really needed. I think there were a decent amt of Pokemon and Yugioh because there were on those little side pegs and people didn't realize they were on sale. I didn't scan but if anyone in FW is looking both stores had them this morning.

My favorite part of holiday sales is finding people's hidden items. Dig through those eggs and Easter grass. It's like an eater egg hunt for adults. :P

Went back with kids in tow, for some reason I always do better with them with me since they have eyes like hawks and can spot a red tag at 50 feet, lol. Found two of the Large silver lamp bases reg 49.99 for 12.48 each. They had the smaller one too but I had no place to use it.

Oh, I wonder if those are lamps I've been looking at!?! I didn't even look at them this AM.

Thanks for mentioning the Easter Yu Gi Oh packs! Found them today, and even though they scanned full price, they took 75% off because of the Easter egg packaging.

glad someone else got them. I haven't tried again. I got several the first day when they manually entering the 75% off for those first few hours.

Where were the baby outfits? What did they look like? I found the toddler stuff still in with the regular clothes not marked, but I couldn't find any baby stuff.

The baby stuff was in with the easter aisle There were one piece and 2 pc sets.. onsie and long footed pants. It says My first easter but they were adorable. Edited by niccci

HELP! I still haven't figured out what the Oreo's look like that everyone is buying. :confused:

Its a bag with individual packages of mini oreo's (snack packs) like what you would buy for kids lunchs or at Halloween time they had them out to give out instead of candy.

Any of you see the Little Tikes Die Cast Vehicles - they were out in the Easter stuff right b4 Easter - I found some and they weren't ringing up 75% and when I went to check out they wouldn't mark them down?!?!?

Anyone else see these in EASTER stuff???

No, but they were doing a lot of "filling in" in the Easter section with regular toy merchandise. I saw several stores had also moved clearanced stuff into the section to fill it out and try to move merchandise. If it was one of those situations, then that may be why. It wasn't really Easter stuff. They also moved a lot of stuff like the Breyer Mini Whinnies into Easter as well, but it isn't part of the clearance. If they didn't leave the shelf tag for it in place, you probably won't make any headway with them. I got some of the Mini Whinnies & Star Wars stuff at Christmas because the store left the shelf tags in place and their was a big old clearance sign right in front of it.

If they are the Little Tikes Land die cast, then they are new releases, and definitely not meant to be clearance. It is a bummer, though...