Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

My son is using the audio chair now with his Nintendo DS....and LOVING IT!!! I'm not so sure though, since it is all I can hear is his game!!!!

I got the audio chairs for my daughters and son...I am so glad to hear your son is loving it! I am trying to hold out and save them for christmas with the photokinz. Which reminds me, I have to go back and pick up another photokinz for my niece(s).

I went this morning and I basically did a little grocery shopping and I checked out a few things and everything I wanted is still at the holding price of either 30% or 50%.

Of course, I'll probably be back tomorrow to check on the Wii games - I'll be very happy to find some at 75%.

I picked up a bunch of photokinz, but only got cow and tigers :( lol I would have loved a monkey or penquin for my DD, ohwell...

ALSO some dance leos for 50% off...

They had *by the paint brushes) the like wallies, animals, sports, etc I believe they were 30 or 50% off...

Depending what goes on tomorrow afternoon I might hit another target...to see about more photokins...they would be perfect for bday gifts...seems we have at least one party each weekend....

thank you guys so much...

I'm in the dfw area and peruse quite often, but what is a travel system and I'll keep an eye out for you.

I think the baby travel system is the stroller carrier combination. Where the "carseat" can attach to the stroller so you dont have to remove the baby from the carseat to put it in the stroller. It just snaps in. Its great for little babies because they sleep so much and that way you dont have to disturb them but moving them from one to another.

I hardly ever get to go to Target, so update me on what the great finds have been. I am going to look for the photokinz, but where in the store are they located?

They are in a blue or yellow box with a clear panel on the front so you can see the animal and most people are finding them either on a toys endcap or another type clearance area near toys/sporting goods. I have also seen them on endcaps near electronics, where random clearance things tend to end up (sometimes because of me or my kids, lol!)

they have to red tag them, but didn't you say they marked them last week? If so, they don't go down again till next week. Hopefully I remember incorrectly.

Not sure about other people's stores, but ours usually is getting to food items around 9:30 or 10 am. Of course, it always depends on how much else they have to mark, too. If they have little, they'll mark it earlier. If they have a lot of other stuff, later.

I haven't been to Target since last Wednesday. So today should be the next markdown if they discount weekly.

Thanks for the heads-up everyone! I would have passed up the photokins if I hadn't seen all of the good reviews here. I did a couple times. Last night I got 2 photokins (frog and tiger), a colorwonder set marked $10.XX that scanned $3.70, and a disney priness pinata $10.48. I even got to use a $5 off $25 toy Q. Oh, and sweet and salty nut bars for $1.25 (2/$4 sale - .75 target Q). I wasn't sure if they worked with the Q, so I only got 1. I'll be back for more.

I am thinking of going back for another photokins. I have 2 for 3 kids. There were 5 or 6 left, but they were cows and penguins. I would really like to get a dog or monkey. Maybe I will go to a different store today. Maybe I'm being too picky and should just get the cow! I'm trying to decide if it is worth the gas to go to the next city over for Target, Walgreens, and a differnt McDonald's playland.

Help! I'm looking for a travel system for my baby girl. I'm trying to one at 50%. I'll be thrilled if I can find one at 75% (doubt it). If anyone lives in the DFW area finds one, please let me know.

If you find one, it'll probably be just luck or an internet return as baby clearance was done last month. The next big one, when they might do those larger items, isn't till the end of summer.

They don't discount weekly. It is bi-weekly.

DARN IT! didn't know that. Will head out and scan one just to be sure. I'll make a mental note of that. Seems a lot of other deals are popping up right now so I'll go anyway. Have to make at least one trip to Target a week!

Had an ok day yesterday, got 4 of the photokins, thanks for the heads up for Vista, I'll have to book mark that. Got a outdoor seat cushion, original 39xx for 9xx, a sports top in mens with the duo dry system for 3xx, couple of hair brushes, and a couple of arts and crafts kits 1xx and was able to use 2 of the $5 coupons. FYI you can use the coupons with just some toys and the rest whatever, the first coupon I used I had 25 worth of toys, the second one, went to different cashier, had a couple of toys, clothes, the cushion and the coupon still worked. I will definately be printing more of those to use thruout the summer. The crayola stuff is all gone and still no curve or any other vaccums here, and the mp3 players are still 30 or 50% off. They have a ton of them, you would think they would want to get rid of them. The heaters and hudimidifiers are still 50% off here too.

Had an ok day yesterday, got 4 of the photokins, thanks for the heads up for Vista, I'll have to book mark that. Got a outdoor seat cushion, original 39xx for 9xx, a sports top in mens with the duo dry system for 3xx, couple of hair brushes, and a couple of arts and crafts kits 1xx and was able to use 2 of the $5 coupons. FYI you can use the coupons with just some toys and the rest whatever, the first coupon I used I had 25 worth of toys, the second one, went to different cashier, had a couple of toys, clothes, the cushion and the coupon still worked. I will definately be printing more of those to use thruout the summer. The crayola stuff is all gone and still no curve or any other vaccums here, and the mp3 players are still 30 or 50% off. They have a ton of them, you would think they would want to get rid of them. The heaters and hudimidifiers are still 50% off here too.

Just went to the photokins site, and it can be used with a Mac, so I'll try that first, most of our pics are on that laptop anyway so if it works with that it will be better.

Don't forget, print the toy coupons now & put them in your car they ate good until 10/01/08!!! Last year DD & I did most of our Christmas toy shopping during the summer sale. They had the same 5 0ff $25 coupons then also. We separated all our toys into $25 groups & saved 75% + an additional 20%!!!! It was great & best of all NO SNOW!!!!!:yup:

Can you use several of the same coupons for one transaction? Or do you have to go through different cashiers using only one each time?

BTW if anybody lives in the Portland area, I saw yesterday a bunch of photokinz at the washington square store. I believe they had all, because I remember seeing a frog, penguin, puppy, monkey, and cow. Also, I saw a pretty big planter marked for 39.xx (50%), didn't scanned it though, it was in an endcap where the summer furniture is. Found 1 MM punch, this one has a coupon for 10 chucky cheese tokens.

Can you use several of the same coupons for one transaction? Or do you have to go through different cashiers using only one each time?

BTW if anybody lives in the Portland area, I saw yesterday a bunch of photokinz at the washington square store. I believe they had all, because I remember seeing a frog, penguin, puppy, monkey, and cow. Also, I saw a pretty big planter marked for 39.xx (50%), didn't scanned it though, it was in an endcap where the summer furniture is. Found 1 MM punch, this one has a coupon for 10 chucky cheese tokens.

I don't know about others, but I divide them into $25 chunks and just pay separately. I don't go to different cashiers.

Went today and found 6 MM apple. I also got 16x20 velvet art poster 1.48, Dora vivid velvet .48, Nemo color catcher 1.24 squeege eraser for dry erase board or chalk board 1.48, Reeves Paint & Race Car kit 1.48. Also got the $1 popcorn and soda deal for ds2. Not a bad day.

I don't know about others, but I divide them into $25 chunks and just pay separately. I don't go to different cashiers.

Same with me, in fact I made sure the first cashier was busy cause she looked at the coupon real close, like she didn't want to use it so I knew if she saw me again she wouldn't have wanted to take it.

Same with me, in fact I made sure the first cashier was busy cause she looked at the coupon real close, like she didn't want to use it so I knew if she saw me again she wouldn't have wanted to take it.

opps, guess I don't do the same thing, the coupon says one per transaction so maybe you can just split things up, anyone else have an opnion on how they do this.

Ok I got 3 pf the photokins this morning - cow, frog and dog. They had the penguin but I didnt like him cause of the color of his beak - looked greenish. Forgot my coupons at home after just printing out 20 of them this morning, UGH! Oh well they were the last ones and didnt want to risk leaving them there. Got a couple of thermos brand SS coffee mugs for 2.98, bead craft kit for DD for 2.98. Not a bad day

I was doing the happy dance today because all 3 kids and I went to the other local Target which we rarely go to and to my surprise, they had the safari shower curtain, hooks, and toothbrush holder that I wanted all on a clearance endcap! I had only seen the monkey pattern clearanced at my store and then only a few of the pieces, so now I have enough of both sets to make it the new bathroom theme. DS5 is started to complain about all the flowered stuff in there from my pre-kid years, lol. :) Also found a Finding Nemo stuffed toy/musical book set for $6.xx which was only 30% off but DS3 has carried that thing around constantly since we got back and right now is snuggling up to it for a much needed nap so it was worth every penny! :)

I had to laugh today because DS5 who often doesn't get to do the pp with us since he is in preschool, announced loudly as we entered the store that we HAVE to look for red stickers, Mommy! Just like someone else reported that their child said. Too funny!

Ok I got 3 pf the photokins this morning - cow, frog and dog. They had the penguin but I didnt like him cause of the color of his beak - looked greenish. Forgot my coupons at home after just printing out 20 of them this morning, UGH! Oh well they were the last ones and didnt want to risk leaving them there. Got a couple of thermos brand SS coffee mugs for 2.98, bead craft kit for DD for 2.98. Not a bad day

I would take the receipt back the next time your there and say you forgot to use the coupon, they should take it off.

Scored BIG at my Target this afternoon...

Bought all 6 of the video game chairs for $9.98 (reguarly $40) 2 blue 4 pink (SUPER GIFTS)

Bought 6 of the photokins for $7.48. Still tagged $14.98 but came up the $7 price. I got 2 dogs, 2 tiger, 1 frogs, 1 monkey, 1 cow. Left the penquin. Box was screwed up. But got all the dogs and monkeys they had. My daughter has wanted these for ever as well as my nieces. I left 7 more (2 frogs, 3 cows, 1 penquin, 1 tiger)

Also tons of clearanced food items and I had coupons :)

I used my $5 off $75 in conjuction with my $5 off $25.

Used 3 coupons of the $5 off $25 today. SAVED TONS! The cashier I went to loves me and usually uses any any all coupons no matter if its one transaction or not. So saved $20 on everything! Plus my savings of grocery coupons.

Edited by elena_398

Photokinz were also still tagged $14.98 and ringing up $7.48 in Tempe today. I grabbed a monkey and a frog, several more still on an endcap in Sporting Goods. Grabbed two sets of Color Wonder Sprayer refills for $1.48 and a few things for easter baskets and used a $5 off $25.

I found a mesh yoga bag at my target which was supposed to come with a yoga mat, however the mat was missing. The cashier sold me the bag for $1.99 (the bag+mat was on clearance for $17.99). It was perfect because I already have a mat and only needed the bag!

I also found 6 mm juices!

The Nemo colorwonders were ringing up not found but they wanted to sell them for full price so I left them behind.

What is the photokins under... Toys, electronics, etc? If it were to go lower, what day would I have to go back to check? (from $7.48 that was today) and if they were still there next week. Thanks

7.48 is 75% off. I don't think they'll go any lower, they'll be salvaged by then.