Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

We didn't get the tent set, just the blow up bed from the same line, but they were plenty big. I would think it would be fine. They are sort of aiming for that age with them. And, you could always return it if it is too small. :yup:

Oh yay! Thank you. And yes, we can always return it. :)

Think I'll wait until they go lower, though. I think they're sitting around $19 right now.

Thanks again!

Think I'll wait until they go lower, though. I think they're sitting around $19 right now.

Thanks again!

Oh yeah! They don't seem to sell out quickly, and every store I have been in has had several. I think people just aren't in summer mode yet.

Twice a year. But the next one isn't till the end of July/first of August. With the 75% usually coming the first week or two of August. Which is why I scheduled our vacation for June just after school lets out rather than August just before it starts. Isn't that pathetic?!?!

I dont think its pathetic... you can pay for your vacation with the money you save on toys.. hahahaha

JUST CALL ME QUEEN OF RATIONALIZATION :giggle::giggle::giggle:

I agree, it all depends on the camera. I have a black cherry chocolate camera phone 1.3 mega pixels and it takes an excellent pic but of course the zoom isn't as good as a camera. I have a HP 6 mega pixel camera and it takes louzy pics. I really liked it when I first got it, now it just sits and collects dust. If I need to take some pics I will usually use both the camera and camera phone. 8 out of 10 times the camera phone pics are way better.

My cell phone digicam takes good pics too (examples here). But, because of the weak flash, there has to be enough light already. I can't complain. My "real" camera is a dSLR and too bulky to carry around all the time. My cell phone works pretty well in a pinch for those times when I find myself needing to take a quick photo.

Tomorrow Target should discount the food items further..... Im interested in the bags of candy for my daughter's classroom. Last Tuesday there was 20++ bags available. Should I be there right when they open tomorrow OR wait till later on in the morning...

Also, when they discount further, is it automatically in the system or does the price on it change only if the employees scans and re-tags it?

Found a few CW Nemo sets. Came up NOF, so got them for $1.74. Found a Mr. Clean Car Wash set with brushes, etc. for $3.74. It wasn't marked, but I'd seen them in other stores on the clearance endcaps, so I scanned it and it was 75% off.

They marked a number of video games 50% off today, but not the ones for the DS. They also marked those Fusion MP3 & Video players 50% off and the Tinkerbell MP3 players as well.

Did you notice if any of the games were for a pc. Thanks

Tomorrow Target should discount the food items further..... Im interested in the bags of candy for my daughter's classroom. Last Tuesday there was 20++ bags available. Should I be there right when they open tomorrow OR wait till later on in the morning...

Also, when they discount further, is it automatically in the system or does the price on it change only if the employees scans and re-tags it?

they have to red tag them, but didn't you say they marked them last week? If so, they don't go down again till next week. Hopefully I remember incorrectly.

Not sure about other people's stores, but ours usually is getting to food items around 9:30 or 10 am. Of course, it always depends on how much else they have to mark, too. If they have little, they'll mark it earlier. If they have a lot of other stuff, later.

You know, I just realized that for the second time in a week now, I have purchased over $25worth of toys, had that $5 off coupon right in my wallet, and totally forgot to use it. Darn! Please someone else tell me you have done this too so I don't feel so stupid and forgetful! :eyepoppin

I went to Target tonight to return an extra heater I purchased, but really didn't NEED... the girl in front of me was returning a Kurv!!!! I asked the lady behind the counter if there was anything wrong with it, or if it had even been used (the box looked a little damaged, and I would hate to buy something broken!!) so we opened it up, and it was still wrapped, then we opened it to the "dirt holder" and it was never used, so we plugged it in, and POOF it worked... then I asked her if it was marked down and she sold it to me for 12.xx!!! Happy Dance at Target!!!! :g_dance:

found painting supplies 50% Rollers, kits, paint tape The fusions were still only 30% I hid one for myself. Might try and go back tomorrow to check. This was in nampa ID

Thanks for the heads up on paint stuff. I'm painting my bedroom this week while kids are on spring break.

Thanks again!

I bought the tent set for my 5-yr-old nephew about a month ago when the sporting goods were clearanced. It's a perfect size for that age and he loves it. Just be careful putting the tent together because the poles bend easily. HTH

For those who bought the Photokinz and use Vista, you might run into some trouble loading photos. I found instructions for Vista users on the company website. I've attached a link. Just click on "FAQs" and then "Next Page" in the bottom right-hand corner. Hope this helps some of you from pulling your hair out like I did when I first tried to download pics :)

Also, the website says they hold 59 pics, pretty good!

http://www.itsoutrageous.com/productassets/photokinz.html

Thanks for the replies!! I guess if it's in late summer, I'll be able to stock upon the coming school year's worth of parties at least. Lol.

Don't forget, print the toy coupons now & put them in your car they ate good until 10/01/08!!! Last year DD & I did most of our Christmas toy shopping during the summer sale. They had the same 5 0ff $25 coupons then also. We separated all our toys into $25 groups & saved 75% + an additional 20%!!!! It was great & best of all NO SNOW!!!!!:yup:

You know, I just realized that for the second time in a week now, I have purchased over $25worth of toys, had that $5 off coupon right in my wallet, and totally forgot to use it. Darn! Please someone else tell me you have done this too so I don't feel so stupid and forgetful! :eyepoppin

I forgot to use my coupon and went back the next day and told them I had forgotten to use it and they gave me credit for it. I don't think you have anything to lose to go to cs the next time you are there and tell them.

I believe you can take your receipt in with the coupons and try to get it back at Guest Services.

Don't forget, print the toy coupons now & put them in your car they ate good until 10/01/08!!! Last year DD & I did most of our Christmas toy shopping during the summer sale. They had the same 5 0ff $25 coupons then also. We separated all our toys into $25 groups & saved 75% + an additional 20%!!!! It was great & best of all NO SNOW!!!!!:yup:

Not only that, you can use them for the after Easter sale, too if you are buying that kind of stuff! I plan to. It is how I generally get all the goodies for goody bags for parties at school, etc. With my 10% shopping day and the $5 coupon, it will make stuff about 65% off. I am happy with that instead of waiting and chancing there being anything at 75%.

I forgot to use my coupon and went back the next day and told them I had forgotten to use it and they gave me credit for it. I don't think you have anything to lose to go to cs the next time you are there and tell them.

wow - I didn't know you could do this - I will try - thanks to both of you for mentioning it!

oh no!!!!!!!!!!! I missed a 5.00 coupon???????/ Where is it... anyone have the link still? I cant believe I missed it. I have been out of pocket alot but geeez I thought I had read everything...:gdparanoid::gdparanoid:

I was in Target the other day with my son and I asked about the popcorn and drink combo since it was not on the board and she only charged me $1.00 for it. Both the popcorn and drink were a pretty decent size. (maybe a medium)

Good night at Target today!!!

I've been looking for the Dirt Devil Broom Vac and have probably hit up about 5 Target's in the area over and over...always has just the red one. And today....voila! TWO silver ones....one was marked $12.48 and the other wasn't marked at all.

Then over to the those audio chairs that have been marked down to 50% for quite a while. Well low and behold...75% off baby...making them $9.98 each. I also picked up another photokinz because I just love the two I already purchased. Still has A LOT of those.

I also got THREE of the Finding Nemo Color Wonders. About 6 were hanging on the shelf, marked $6.99, so I took one and scanned, came up NOT ON FILE. I found a guy with a scanner and asked him and he said that they are 0 priced and they can't sell them. Said that the last price was $1.98 and suggested that if I wanted them that bad, to take up to guest services. So I picked up two more (had to leave at least three for someone else to find! ;) and headed up to the registers.

The girl scanned them and I mentioned that a few weeks ago I had purchased some like it for $1.00, so she sold them to me for that!! These are going to be great for my 3 year old nephew who is coming to visit. YIPPEE!!!

My son is using the audio chair now with his Nintendo DS....and LOVING IT!!! I'm not so sure though, since it is all I can hear is his game!!!!

THANKS to the great members of this group!! Oh, no MM tonight, but I asked my coworker to check for me when she goes to Target...:D

back from another pp trip to Target. Once again, I went in there to get milk and came out forgetting the milk but with a bag of clearance stuff! oops. :) A bunch of toddler sized Genuine Kids by Oshkosh stuff (mostly girls) is 75% off and it is really cute stuff - flowered tops, dresses, striped pants, pale green sweatsuit, etc. I also finally bought 3 different Photokinz for my kids - guess I have a project now to get pics on them before Easter! They have many left! I told someone before the boxes were yellow - actually some of the boxes are yellow and some are blue. Does anyone know how many pics they hold? I can't find any info on that on the box...

That was me! That is o.k. I got 2 day for DS and DD! Has anyone actually loaded them yet? Are they cute?

What color was the Kone that you found. I scanned one today it was still $40.:(