Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Does anyone know if they do anything special for a new store? We have a new SuperTarget opening tomorrow and was wondering if it's worth going to check out? I did receive a $5 off 25 purchase in the mail but was wondering if they did giveaways or anything like that.

:)

I live in Omaha, Nebraska, and when the 168th and Maple street Target opened in October 2007, they gave out reusable shopping bags with full size boxes of Archer Farms organic pancake mix when you first entered the store. A new Target opened at 125th and L street yesterday, and they did not do the same. I was so disappointed! :(

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF IN THE EASTER CLEARANCE DOES IT INCLUDES ANY PAPER GOODS? LIKE NAPKINS? MY HALLOWEEN ONES ARE FINALLY GETTING LOW AND I NEED TO RESTOCK! THANK YOU!:yup:

Yes, it does include paper goods. I usually try to stock up for the next year.

Yes, it does include paper goods. I usually try to stock up for the next year.

I think she means the regular napkins & paper towels, like Bounty, though I could be wrong. For Halloween & Christmas they had the 200 packs of Bounty napkins in holiday designs that got marked down. Have you seen any? I haven't, and they usually do big end caps. I was thinking about it the other day and figured Easter isn't quite as "big" a holiday from the manufacturer's perspective. But that is just a guess. If you have seen the Bounty packs, please let me know so I can troll around that area some more to look!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all....After reading these threads I was able to find the Kone for $9.98!

If not for all of this great info., I would have passed it by...it wasn't marked as clearance, but I scanned it and was yahooing in the isle!

back from another pp trip to Target. Once again, I went in there to get milk and came out forgetting the milk but with a bag of clearance stuff! oops. :) A bunch of toddler sized Genuine Kids by Oshkosh stuff (mostly girls) is 75% off and it is really cute stuff - flowered tops, dresses, striped pants, pale green sweatsuit, etc. I also finally bought 3 different Photokinz for my kids - guess I have a project now to get pics on them before Easter! They have many left! I told someone before the boxes were yellow - actually some of the boxes are yellow and some are blue. Does anyone know how many pics they hold? I can't find any info on that on the box...

back from another pp trip to Target. Once again, I went in there to get milk and came out forgetting the milk but with a bag of clearance stuff! oops. :) A bunch of toddler sized Genuine Kids by Oshkosh stuff (mostly girls) is 75% off and it is really cute stuff - flowered tops, dresses, striped pants, pale green sweatsuit, etc. I also finally bought 3 different Photokinz for my kids - guess I have a project now to get pics on them before Easter! They have many left! I told someone before the boxes were yellow - actually some of the boxes are yellow and some are blue. Does anyone know how many pics they hold? I can't find any info on that on the box...

I am almost positive the box said it holds 40-50...

Found a few CW Nemo sets. Came up NOF, so got them for $1.74. Found a Mr. Clean Car Wash set with brushes, etc. for $3.74. It wasn't marked, but I'd seen them in other stores on the clearance endcaps, so I scanned it and it was 75% off.

They marked a number of video games 50% off today, but not the ones for the DS. They also marked those Fusion MP3 & Video players 50% off and the Tinkerbell MP3 players as well.

Finally a deal today at the Chesterfield MO store. They had Hotwheel carrying cases with two collectors cars on a endcap marked 75 off. The price tag read 30 off, there was a guy with a scanner there and I asked him about the price. He ckd is and it was 30 off, but, he said since there were atleast 15 on the endcap I could have it for 75 off. When I went to the register and told the cashier she rang them up, I paid, checked my receipt when I got home and she gave them to me for 90 off! Reg 10.99 pd 1.09. Who hoo! Along with the 12 hotwheels I got on Amazon for $5 this will make a great bday gift for my little cousin's bday.

Just a quick word about those cases. They say you can get 6 or so cars free, one for each month. But that is an expired offer. You may just want to tell his mom that they can't get the free one. The car case is still a great deal without the free cars at that price!!

Found a few CW Nemo sets. Came up NOF, so got them for $1.74. Found a Mr. Clean Car Wash set with brushes, etc. for $3.74. It wasn't marked, but I'd seen them in other stores on the clearance endcaps, so I scanned it and it was 75% off.

They marked a number of video games 50% off today, but not the ones for the DS. They also marked those Fusion MP3 & Video players 50% off and the Tinkerbell MP3 players as well.

Do you think the Spongebob fushion will go 75%? Last yr, our store pulled the Mix Max ones before they went 75%.....I would love to get the media spongebob (video one) for my son but really just wanted to spend 75%????

OKay... here is a very silly question. That big 75% off toys sale that went on in January... that's a once a year thing right? I am truly kicking myself in the rear for not buying more when it went on. I have had three birthday parties for kids from my daughters' class in a row, and I have to buy two gifts for each kid (My girls are twins and are in the same class). Luckily I have found some decent deals due all you great people here, but I wish I had stocked up when I had the chance.

So, if anyone can answer this, I'd appreciate it.

OKay... here is a very silly question. That big 75% off toys sale that went on in January... that's a once a year thing right? I am truly kicking myself in the rear for not buying more when it went on. I have had three birthday parties for kids from my daughters' class in a row, and I have to buy two gifts for each kid (My girls are twins and are in the same class). Luckily I have found some decent deals due all you great people here, but I wish I had stocked up when I had the chance.

It happens again in August I believe.

Just a quick word about those cases. They say you can get 6 or so cars free, one for each month. But that is an expired offer. You may just want to tell his mom that they can't get the free one. The car case is still a great deal without the free cars at that price!!

I just scanned these hotwheels cases today at my store and they are only 30% off - maybe $7 or so! :(

It happens again in August I believe.

In late July or early August they have another clearance as they get ready to reset the department for the Christmas toys.

Do you think the Spongebob fushion will go 75%? Last yr, our store pulled the Mix Max ones before they went 75%.....I would love to get the media spongebob (video one) for my son but really just wanted to spend 75%????

If I were you, I'd buy it at 50% and return it if necessary. Our stores also pulled them. I had hidden one and was able to get it 75% when it went NOF. But our markdown team says that they are generally salvaging electronics after 50%. I know some stores are not, and it might just be the larger markets, but I wouldn't count on it. At least if you buy it at 50% you have it and can always return it in a month or so after it goes NOF. They might stick it on the shelf for less. It is a risk either way. Or you could have it and hold out to see if it goes lower and are still available. Hard call.

Quick question -- I keep seeing TONS of these outdoor adventure kits (it's a tent, sleeping bag, and a flashlight, I think. And they're pink.). My Target has them only at 30% off, and there are 2-3 endcaps full of them. Has anyone purchased a box? Any feedback? I'm thinking this would be fun for summer for DD5. Are they roomy enough for a 5-6 year-old??

Do you know is the fusion works with the disney mix max media cards or vice versa?

Yes they do. In fact, if you know something about computers you can get them to work with other formats too. But I have the luxury of having a programmer (works for JPL on satellites) DH who knows how to do stuff. Our son has a Mixmax and we don't use Windows, so he uses more generic video formats, rather than Windows. We can download shows we record off TV onto it as well. But, DH also built a Tivo-like system that we use to record all our TV programs (so no commercials unless we want to see them). But if you can load a video onto an SD card with your computer, it should be able to read it.

Quick question -- I keep seeing TONS of these outdoor adventure kits (it's a tent, sleeping bag, and a flashlight, I think. And they're pink.). My Target has them only at 30% off, and there are 2-3 endcaps full of them. Has anyone purchased a box? Any feedback? I'm thinking this would be fun for summer for DD5. Are they roomy enough for a 5-6 year-old??

We didn't get the tent set, just the blow up bed from the same line, but they were plenty big. I would think it would be fine. They are sort of aiming for that age with them. And, you could always return it if it is too small. :yup:

Twice a year. But the next one isn't till the end of July/first of August. With the 75% usually coming the first week or two of August. Which is why I scheduled our vacation for June just after school lets out rather than August just before it starts. Isn't that pathetic?!?!

Yes they do. In fact, if you know something about computers you can get them to work with other formats too. But I have the luxury of having a programmer (works for JPL on satellites) DH who knows how to do stuff. Our son has a Mixmax and we don't use Windows, so he uses more generic video formats, rather than Windows. We can download shows we record off TV onto it as well. But, DH also built a Tivo-like system that we use to record all our TV programs (so no commercials unless we want to see them). But if you can load a video onto an SD card with your computer, it should be able to read it.

Cool. Thanks for the info.