Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I don't think those carts are employee things...at my Target they are usually filled to the brim. They don't pay the employees enough to purchase all that stuff. I don't mind that the employees take the stuff for themselves. It's the nature of the game. They are paying for the merchandise just like you and I would and for the work they do and the pay they receive, it's one of the few perks you get! I've worked in retail and it's not an easy job and it doesn't pay the big bucks. The employees are people like the rest of us, with families who need things too!

No candy allowed at our public grade schools either. In fact, I don't think food is allowed in the classroom at all except on very special occasions. My son has a severe food allergy and I am most grateful for this, actually! Little toys or other rewards are just as appreciated by the kids and their dentists will be happier too. :)

I got this set yesterday for 3.74! Did you scan it?

Yup, I scanned it, twice at 2 different scanners. Then I put it back. They are not bad for 3.74 :( will check today if they are marked down any further.

But I have noticed tha things are not marked down the same. In piscataway store I got crayola washable markers for 1.28 and in clark they were for 1.11 , wonder why?

Please if anyone sees the tinker bell mp3 player and the princess bike marked down to 75% off please post it so I can go down there!!! I have been to Target three times this week for all kinds of reasons and have found a ton of good deals, so I would rather save my money and wait until someone post here about it!!! Thanks everyone for posting your finds so I know what to look for!!!

TIA,

Alissa

Today I found the Photokinz from $29.99 to $7.48. They are smalll stuffed animals with a digital picture frame in there tummies. I thought the cow was pretty cute, but didn't get any. Also found the Rescue Pets that whimper (very annoying) from $14.99 down to $3.74. I got a big pack of Lever Energy soap down to $2.81. I think it might have had 12 bars, but not sure.

That's about it. I am waiting for those small audio rockers to go down to 75% off. They have been 50% forever.

I bought the puppy Photokinz for my daughter who has a camera as a way for her to download her pictures somewhere! I also thought it would be nice for her to take it with her to sleep overs .

Unfortunately, the Kraft Cheese is one of those. :( You may want to try one at your store anyway, but I don't think I'd chance using more than that. The good news is that these 06 Q's still work:

.75 Fruit Gushers

1.00 Goldfish bag

1.00 Coke 2ltr

Does anyone have a copy of the $1.00 Coke 2ltr they could email me?

Went today and found:

*Ab lounger orig. 149.99 clearanced for 34.98

*Transformers projector for $4.24

*Transformers sketch kit for $4.24

* Transformers tattoo kit for $1.98

* Diego umbrella $1.98

* Cars wrapping paper 1.48

* Burt's BeesWax (set of 4) 6.98

* Dove conditioner 2.22

* men's cufflinks 4.24

* Thank you cards 98 cents

*Goody head bands and barettes 1.98

I had a pretty good day. I went to electronics hoping they had marked down the audio chairs but no luck. I did however find a bunch of as is movies.

I got:

Thomas the Train for $2.XX

Kicking and Screaming with Will Ferrel- $2.XX

Crocodile hunter for $1.XX

Saw but didn't get

Bourne Supremacy for $4.XX

3 pack of Pooh movies (heffalump, tigger movie and piglet movie) $9.96

I was thrilled with those movies I got.

Went today and found:

*Ab lounger orig. 149.99 clearanced for 34.98

*Transformers projector for $4.24

*Transformers sketch kit for $4.24

* Transformers tattoo kit for $1.98

* Diego umbrella $1.98

* Cars wrapping paper 1.48

* Burt's BeesWax (set of 4) 6.98

* Dove conditioner 2.22

* men's cufflinks 4.24

* Thank you cards 98 cents

*Goody head bands and barettes 1.98

Good finds - I grabbed 2 of the Transformers Tattoo kits this morning but they had no projectors and the sketch kits were not clearanced out at all - I even scanned it.

What Thomas movie was it? I want to get one for DS for his easter basket but I don't want to spend $10 on one. Thanks!

I had a pretty good day. I went to electronics hoping they had marked down the audio chairs but no luck. I did however find a bunch of as is movies.

I got:

Thomas the Train for $2.XX

Kicking and Screaming with Will Ferrel- $2.XX

Crocodile hunter for $1.XX

Saw but didn't get

Bourne Supremacy for $4.XX

3 pack of Pooh movies (heffalump, tigger movie and piglet movie) $9.96

I was thrilled with those movies I got.

Heaters---Houston Westheimer/Fondren T still has some of the Oil Filled Heaters at 75% [$10]. They moved them from the hardware area into an aisle that has mirrors and artwork.

Dry Cereal--Quite a few are on clearance [MP & Name Brand] but just 15%

Not much else

Had a great run yesterday.

2- Mossimo Men short sleeve shirts $2.48 orig. $9.99

2- Mossimo Men long sleeve shirts $3.24 orig. $12.99

I did see they had some Levi Strauss jeans and Wrangler Jeans on clearance as well I believe the Wranglers were $9.98 and the Levis were $12.98.

5- 5" x 8" Dora small velvet coloring poster kit .48 orig. $1.99

Crayola Color Explosion Designer $3.74 orig. $14.99

Crayola Color Wonder Mess-Free Paint $2.47 orig. $9.89

Crayola "Disney Princess" Color Explosion Black $1.98 orig. $7.99

Crayola Beginnings Creativity Central $4.98 orig. $19.99

RoseArt Fuzzy Brand Posters w/ 5 posters and 6 markers $1.24 orig. 4.99

Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles washable markers with caddy on wheels $3.74 orig. 14.99

11" x 15"Dora Velvet coloring poster kit .98 orig. $3.99

Reeves painting by numbers (4 greeting cards) $1.24 orig. 4.99

All of these were in the regular aisle they were not on an end cap.

2- Hobby Do's Purse-onalise kit $2.48 orig. $9.99

These were on the toy clearance end caps

1-Belt for DD (little girls section) for $1.48 orig. $5.99

5T girls Circo Purple Butterfly pants $1.88 orig. 3.77

Last night, I finally found the elmo party stuff on clearance yeah!. I had been checking since somebody posted this last week or the one before (can't remember), but they were still regular price around here. Thanks for the heads-up! I got almost everything I need. The only one thing I'm missing is a pack of 8 dinner plates. I went to all the stores around me and they're gone. If anybody sees one at their stores and is willing to send it to me, will you let me know. Even if it still at regular price. I'm willing to send a pre-paid postage envelope, so you won't go through a lot of trouble. :)

Sent you a pm:yup:

The only bargain I found today at Target was the double packs of fix-a-flat for $2.48.

They had nothing on clearance..everything was about gone.

However I did go over to Wallys and they had HUGE clearance sales...I got 3 shirts for

$3.OO each...one mickey zipped hoodie, a nice 2 piece peach colored sweater set and

a black/gray dressier sweater. The sheets etc were marked down to $2.00, I got 2 sets

and an electric blanket for (queen sized) for $11.00. I got slippers for $2.00 and 2 movies

for easter for 5.00. They had sneakers really marked down as well as purses, dishes

and some bath gift sets. I asked the sales clerk in sheets and she said they are just clearing

out for summer stuff and that in her dept alone she has over 1,000 markdowns.

I am not a big WM fan but glad I went today

I don't think those carts are employee things...at my Target they are usually filled to the brim. They don't pay the employees enough to purchase all that stuff. I don't mind that the employees take the stuff for themselves. It's the nature of the game. They are paying for the merchandise just like you and I would and for the work they do and the pay they receive, it's one of the few perks you get! I've worked in retail and it's not an easy job and it doesn't pay the big bucks. The employees are people like the rest of us, with families who need things too!

Yes, we have had this argument back and forth several times. I think most of us agree that employees should be allowed to shop clearance as well. The gripe is in the blatant lying to the customer's face. I had a similar experience with an employee telling me something was salvaged that wasn't. It was in a go-backs cart that she was using to return items to the sales floor. She clearly wanted the item for herself, but because she lied to me I gave no ground and bought it. The reason they lie, I think, is because they know it is against the rules to shop on the clock. And, while they do deserve to shop, they knew the rules when they started the job.

Oh, and most of the carts you are talking about are go-backs. The markdown team also does often tote around extra carts to put salvage items in. Those go to the back to be sold for salvage. The ones just sitting around are totally fair game and often contain some of the best bargains as they are often returns after a markdown.

Please if anyone sees the tinker bell mp3 player and the princess bike marked down to 75% off please post it so I can go down there!!! I have been to Target three times this week for all kinds of reasons and have found a ton of good deals, so I would rather save my money and wait until someone post here about it!!! Thanks everyone for posting your finds so I know what to look for!!!

TIA,

Alissa

Those, if they do another markdown, ought to go down on Monday with electronics. However, last year they salvaged them at 50% at most stores. Some people, myself included, found one at 75%, but it was the exception.

To everybody that looked or is looking for elmo plates for me, I just want to say: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.....

Since I just needed one pack, one of our dear fellow members already offered to send it to me, so I won't need anymore.

Again, thanks! I'm very proud to belong to a group with such caring members. I love you all :D

Picked up a bunch of Color Wonder stuff today. I found the Nemo ones and scanned them and they came up $0 so I found an employee that had a price gun and she scanned it at $1.98! So I grabbed all of those up. I also got a bunch of Glue Stick double packs for 75% off. I picked up the little Crayola Easle and a bunch of different markers and pencils at 75% off, Transformers Tattoo kit and a Color Explosion kit that I think someone had hid behind the reg priced ones. Oh yeah, I also picked up some Tylenol Cold Multisympton that has a $1 off coupon attached and I had a Target $1 off and another manufacture $1 off and she let me use all 3! :) I did not have time to peruse so I am sure I left some wonderful deal for someone else to get! BTW, I really wanted the Crayola Toddler kit that had the little car that they sit in but they were all gone :(

Will Target do Easter 90% off on the following Sunday?

It should, but you can never be certain. That would fall in line with the usual schedule. Since there isn't another big holiday to follow it probably will go the full run. Some stores seem to do it slightly earlier, but that is usually based on there being almost nothing left.

I cannot recall for sure on the Easter stuff in the Dollar Spot. Seems like they usually go slightly before the holiday, but can't say for sure. It seems like last year I was hoping to get the Peter Rabbit books, but they didn't go till after Easter.

Hope that helps.

Today I found the Photokinz from $29.99 to $7.48. They are smalll stuffed animals with a digital picture frame in there tummies.

For my fellow NJ shoppers - I found the Photokinz at the Watchung Target today for 7.48 (75% off) I bought the frog, monkey, puppy and penguin. There will still quite a few left, at least 8 or 10 this afternoon. They were in a weird place since I have seen them before near the electronics or crafts. These were in the back, past the toy aisle, almost near the sporting goods. Happy shopping.:yup:

(And to think I just went there to get a pair of jazz pants for my daughter!!)