Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Oh i forgot to mention, there were small easels with lot of crafty stuff already included, like crayons, markers, erasers, shape cutouts etc. It was for 10.xx, originally 14.99

I had picked it up but then i put it back. Not marked down enough :D totally spoiled, right? :)

Thanks for the replies.

I did scan the Dirt Devil Broom Vac in red, but scanned at $49.99. I'll have to keep my eye on.

THANKS AGAIN!!!:D

The ones on sale were silver/grey and blue like the photo. The red was not on sale, at least around here. The Kurv ones were champagne and spice (red) colors. Only those were marked down. Supershopper says the broom vac thing is clunky and heavy. I have to say that was my opinion as well. Not worth even the 75% off price. I put my Kurv away for when my current vac dies, which seems to happen every couple of years anyway. But I demoed one in a Walmart when they came out, and they have good suction.

Oh i forgot to mention, there were small easels with lot of crafty stuff already included, like crayons, markers, erasers, shape cutouts etc. It was for 10.xx, originally 14.99

I had picked it up but then i put it back. Not marked down enough :D totally spoiled, right? :)

I got this set yesterday for 3.74! Did you scan it?

I have to say that I love my Broom Vac. Granted, it has some weight to it but it actually does work. I push it like a vacuum rather than pull it toward me like a traditional broom. I have a lower back problem and sweeping KILLS me. This does not bother my back at all.

I also have kitties and a dog (and a kid of course) and it is nice to take this out and clean up a mess quickly.

Personally, I think it's worth the price.

Funny you should bring up the tabletop easel for $3.74. I stopped at Target this AM before going back to work after an AM appointment.

I found a few various things for 75% off (including CW Color Sprayers...woohoo). Anyway, I was walking by the markdown team and there were a few items that were in one of the ladies carts. I said oh, are these items (one being the easel) 75% off as well? She goes NO, these are already salvaged and weren't in the system. Then she goes ALL of the items in this cart are salvaged items. I knew this wasn't right. Then I ask here can't I purchase them anyway? She said NO. I said I would like to ask a manager and she goes well she's (pointing to the other lady) my boss. I said no, I want to talk to a store manager. I picked up the items and said, I'll take them to customer service and see what the manager says and if the answer is no, I'll bring them back. She said NO, I'll go talk to the manager. By now, I knew something wasn't right. I mean, I am a veteran Target shopper.

I said to the other lady (the supposed supervisor) look, these have tags on them so this should help them figure out how much they are. She said that it didn't matter because they wouldn't scan. I said well let me go see and I'll take it from there. She tried to have me leave them in the other ladies cart. I had already figured the markdown girl had put them aside for herself and just didn't want a customer to buy them.

I put them in my cart and walked away. I go to the closet scanner I could find and low and behold, they scanned the same price as what was on the ticket!! I was annoyed by now. I would've had more respect for her to say, you know I've put these away for me to purchase than feeding me the lines of bull and trying to pull one over on me.

I can't decide if I want to call the store and bring this to their attention.

Edited by afrey66

In my opinion, the carts that the mark down team pile stuff in are up for grabs. I just like to think that they are there waiting to be re-stocked.

Of course I tell myself, if a salesperson said they were holding it for themselves I would back off (unless I REALLY wanted it). But no salesperson has ever stopped me from digging in the carts that are usually parked around the store on mark down days.

If I was lied to about them being salvaged I would have totally done what you did. They can't stop you from checking to see if they scan. It kinda frustrates me just thinking about it all.

Hey any Tulsa shoppers have an opinion on the best Tulsa Target?

There was only 2 items left in the Crayola type stuff but I wasn't upset because I finally got the KURV for $12.48!!!! I had been checking it every time I went and it always came up $34.xx (price on the sticker) and today it wasn't. I was so happy, now I'd love to a Kurv on clearance since DH cousin has registered for a Kurv for her wedding. Please let me know if you see any on clearance.

Funny you should bring up the tabletop easel for $3.74. I stopped at Target this AM before going back to work after an AM appointment.

<snip>

She said NO, I'll go talk to the manager. By now, I knew something wasn't right. I mean, I am a veteran Target shopper.

I said to the other lady (the supposed supervisor) look, these have tags on them so this should help them figure out how much they are. She said that it didn't matter because they wouldn't scan. I said well let me go see and I'll take it from there. She tried to have me leave them in the other ladies cart. I had already figured the markdown girl had put them aside for herself and just didn't want a customer to buy them.

<snip>

I hate it when the markdown team does that.

They know and we know that they are not supposed to shop while they are working. I've found that the policy is rarely enforced.

In my opinion, the carts that the mark down team pile stuff in are up for grabs. I just like to think that they are there waiting to be re-stocked.

Of course I tell myself, if a salesperson said they were holding it for themselves I would back off (unless I REALLY wanted it). But no salesperson has ever stopped me from digging in the carts that are usually parked around the store on mark down days.

If I was lied to about them being salvaged I would have totally done what you did. They can't stop you from checking to see if they scan. It kinda frustrates me just thinking about it all.

Hey any Tulsa shoppers have an opinion on the best Tulsa Target?

I hate it when the markdown team does that.

They know and we know that they are not supposed to shop while they are working. I've found that the policy is rarely enforced.

It is rarely enforced, and some managers feel that they should get first shot at stuff. Myself, I would have done the same thing, and have. If it is someone I know who works there, and I know most of them at this point, I would expect them to tell me the truth that they wanted it. Then I would back off because I would rather stay on friendly terms with them. But if they bald-faced lied to me, forget it. That is pretty ridiculous. In fact, I'd have gotten her name and made the phone call to the 800 number. However, they often leave things in their carts that they may or may not want to buy when they go on break. I never have hesitated to take items I see sitting there when they are on break. If they REALLY wanted it, they could have (and I've seen them do it) bought it when they took their break. So, it could be they were just working on it and laid it down when it was break time.

So, if it were me, I'd call on this one. But that's me.

What burned me more than anything is that I KNEW they were lying and one was covering for the other. I saw the looks and the glances they exchanged. I would describe it like they were giving each other the look like, "Oh man, that was mine, what do I do?" or something to that effect.

What burned me more than anything is that I KNEW they were lying and one was covering for the other. I saw the looks and the glances they exchanged. I would describe it like they were giving each other the look like, "Oh man, that was mine, what do I do?" or something to that effect.

I'd definitely call. Describe them your best if you don't have their names.

I have to say that I love my Broom Vac. Granted, it has some weight to it but it actually does work. I push it like a vacuum rather than pull it toward me like a traditional broom. I have a lower back problem and sweeping KILLS me. This does not bother my back at all.

I also have kitties and a dog (and a kid of course) and it is nice to take this out and clean up a mess quickly.

Personally, I think it's worth the price.

I think it is great too, so great I went and bought another one for my upstairs master bath and bedroom!! And I got the curve!:cheesy:

I found a few various things for 75% off (including CW Color Sprayers...woohoo). Anyway, I was walking by the markdown team and there were a few items that were in one of the ladies carts. I said oh, are these items (one being the easel) 75% off as well? She goes NO, these are already salvaged and weren't in the system. Then she goes ALL of the items in this cart are salvaged items. I knew this wasn't right. Then I ask here can't I purchase them anyway? She said NO. I said I would like to ask a manager and she goes well she's (pointing to the other lady) my boss. I said no, I want to talk to a store manager. I picked up the items and said, I'll take them to customer service and see what the manager says and if the answer is no, I'll bring them back. She said NO, I'll go talk to the manager. By now, I knew something wasn't right. I mean, I am a veteran Target shopper.

I put them in my cart and walked away. I go to the closet scanner I could find and low and behold, they scanned the same price as what was on the ticket!! I was annoyed by now. I would've had more respect for her to say, you know I've put these away for me to purchase than feeding me the lines of bull and trying to pull one over on me.

I can't decide if I want to call the store and bring this to their attention.

so, did you keep the items in your cart and purchase them, or give them back to the employees?

I'd definitely call. Describe them your best if you don't have their names.

I thought about getting the names as I was walking out of the store. I had my daughter with me and she was a little on the grumpy side today so I got a little preoccupied and forgot about it. However, I'll be able to describe them.

This Target has never been my favorite one in Tucson. I've recently moved across town and LOVED the Targets that I used to live near. Now I drive across town to go visit them when I want to do serious PP. This Target is good for a 'quick fix'. lol

I have a Dr. appt in the AM tomorrow (doctor is also across town from where I moved) so I took extra time off from work to make sure I have time to hit my favorite Targets. I know, I'm addicted!

so, did you keep the items in your cart and purchase them, or give them back to the employees?

After wanting to :gdgirlfight3ol::gdyelling::gdboxer::gdcensored:, I bought the two items. :smirk: It was one of the tabletop easels and a sand in the bottle kit thing.

She should've been nicer about it because her kiddos would be enjoying them tonight instead of my daughter and my Goddaughter.

I think it is great too, so great I went and bought another one for my upstairs master bath and bedroom!! And I got the curve!:cheesy:

I haven't plugged in my Kurv yet but know I will love it. I have an OLD wet/dry Dustbuster that was horrible. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

You can try this link but it didn't work for me.

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?callingPage=detail&asin=B000JJNDQA

You can always call the 1-800 # and give them the dpci so they can search your local stores. I think the call center is in India so there's no worry of someone snatching your goods.

thanks, didn't work for me either...oh well, I'll have to live w/o my greed polka dot sheets lol

I thought about getting the names as I was walking out of the store. I had my daughter with me and she was a little on the grumpy side today so I got a little preoccupied and forgot about it. However, I'll be able to describe them.

This Target has never been my favorite one in Tucson. I've recently moved across town and LOVED the Targets that I used to live near. Now I drive across town to go visit them when I want to do serious PP. This Target is good for a 'quick fix'. lol

I have a Dr. appt in the AM tomorrow (doctor is also across town from where I moved) so I took extra time off from work to make sure I have time to hit my favorite Targets. I know, I'm addicted!

Which Target?

I went today to two Targets I never go to and did well at both!! I got a puzzle for 3.24, tons of crafts, one apple mm juice, a story time projector, and a smart easel!! All for 75% off! The easel, puzzel and story time projector I got to name my own price!! My Target will not let you buy it if it comes up item not found. So that was a nice change !!!

I went to target after lunch with my sister and I told her about the kurv everyone was talking about here, we found one on a different shelve than the dark brown ones were at with a red tag $30something , took it to the scanner and came up $12.xx , my sister's like "WOW, that's a great price I wish there was another one for me" There wasn't :( , so I gave it to her since she has a 1 yr. old and I have teens and I force them to pick up after themselves anyway :D. She called me and said she used it on her sofa and it was really good. On another note, I overheard an employee talking about buying alot of GB stuff when it was on clearance and that her house looked nice and all so she says to the new guy "If you see something you really like put it in a cart and take it to the back, I always do" So he says "wow, I didnt know you could do that,thanks" I kept walking thinking grrrr, she probably took MY mirror :gdparanoid: I guess I should of bought it when it was 50% , oh well.....