Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I ventured out to a different Target today.

I found:

The Kurv WOOHOO! -$12.xx

Scrapbooking organization thing- 12.xx (50% off)

2 Colorwonder sets- $1.98

Toddler markers in a car- $3.74

Dora color thing- $2.48

Cupcake napkins from Valentine's- .29 cents

Had in my cart but put back

Cars coloring thing- $3.74

Forensics science set- $3.74

Can you tell me what type of Color Wonder sets you found for 75% off?

I went to our Target today, and nothing was marked down. I took packs

of Princess, Tinkerbell and Cars Color Wonder sets to the scanner, but

they all came up $6.99. I would love to find these for party favors for

my DD3's upcoming birthday. Thanks!

Where do the heaters fall in the markdowns? I'm actually not sure how they would catagorize it. Also, does anyone know how well those snow thrower things work? I found one marked 50% off, but I knew they'd already been marked down so it scanned 75% and I got it for $24.XX. Here's the thing...it had wrapping paper still on it (a return obviously). I just want to know if the thing was worth buying (does it work worth a darn?) and what should have been in the box. I don't know if it's missing anything since it was literally just the manual and snow thrower.

Where do the heaters fall in the markdowns? I'm actually not sure how they would catagorize it. Also, does anyone know how well those snow thrower things work? I found one marked 50% off, but I knew they'd already been marked down so it scanned 75% and I got it for $24.XX. Here's the thing...it had wrapping paper still on it (a return obviously). I just want to know if the thing was worth buying (does it work worth a darn?) and what should have been in the box. I don't know if it's missing anything since it was literally just the manual and snow thrower.

hardware

Can you tell me what type of Color Wonder sets you found for 75% off?

I went to our Target today, and nothing was marked down. I took packs

of Princess, Tinkerbell and Cars Color Wonder sets to the scanner, but

they all came up $6.99. I would love to find these for party favors for

my DD3's upcoming birthday. Thanks!

It wasn't any of the licensed CW sets. Just the generic sets were on sale.

I had a pretty good night...went looking for the color wonder stuff, found none of that(all was scanning normal price) but did find 3 charm making kits~$3.24,window art kit~$3.24, roseart glitter pens/glue $3.xx, Gillette fusion razor $4.97 - $4 mf q, Gillette venus $9.99 -$4 mf q + got the $5 gc w/purchase, 3 of the .99 chocolate bunnies & not a clearance deal but have been wanting one of those kids step stools & they were finally on sale for $17 so I caved!!:D Oh oh & 2 mm, I look everytime & finally found a apple & fruit punch tonight:) & last but not least 7 12 packs of Dt. Mt. Dew $3.00 -$1 target q!! Last friday night I also found the Kurv for $12.xx so I was really excited about that! Looked for grill covers but none found, heaters still 30% here (Indiana) I did find some addidas & sunflower perfume for $4 & $5 but I passed on them, no more disney puzzles..I checked but that's o.k. I had gotten three last week & gave one as a present already so we still have 2. So all in all pretty good deals!!

Congrats on such great deals!:D Any other NJ shoppers know if they have discounted the Color wonder/craft stuff in their stores? I usually shop in Union, Clark or Watchung.

Those are my three stores also. On Monday, they were resetting that whole area so I'm sure they're marked down. I plan on hitting up at least 2 tomorrow so I'll let you know.

ETA: If anyone sees a Kurv, can you please let me know. I'm kicking myself for not getting that can opener so I figure, I'll get a vacuum instead. There were none at the Union store on Monday by the way.

Edited by juanadeal

Is everyone finding that the stepping stone kits are 75% off? I passed over a bunch of them because they were not marked clearance at all, but I'm thinking maybe I should go back and scan...

yes, those black sets are called Color Explosion and I called them Color Wonder in one of my posts by mistake. My kids actually love those better than CW - they call them "rainbow drawing."

Yep the stepping stones are 75% off now too. Rung up at $2.something

and look for CW stuff in packaging other than what you're used to (the foil bag) - they had several 75% off Color Wonder poster sets that were very large and on cardboard backing. Same concept- came with markers, etc... Like LovetoshopCA said, though, these were all generic designs: animals, etc.

What is this Kurve thing that all are talking about? I actually read on here also that some of you have gotten the Dirt Devil Vacuum Broom....I looked and it is on sale this week. Obviously not the right thing....right?

I THANK YOU all for this site. I got tons of the Global Bazaar stuff (my house looks rather nice!) and tonight was able to pick up a few of the Color Wonders and Color Explosions.

-AND-

Finally got my first MM apple juice. Only 1 but still...I was excited!

So thank you again, and I will continue to read the deals and shop my little happy Target heart away!!!

What is this Kurve thing that all are talking about? I actually read on here also that some of you have gotten the Dirt Devil Vacuum Broom....I looked and it is on sale this week. Obviously not the right thing....right?

I THANK YOU all for this site. I got tons of the Global Bazaar stuff (my house looks rather nice!) and tonight was able to pick up a few of the Color Wonders and Color Explosions.

-AND-

Finally got my first MM apple juice. Only 1 but still...I was excited!

So thank you again, and I will continue to read the deals and shop my little happy Target heart away!!!

It's the dirt devil hand held vacumm, I got a red one, found it mixed in w/ some brown ones that are not on clearance, I think they are $49.99 reg. mine was $12.48! HTH....:)

For those of you who bought the kurv, is it any good? For that price it is very tempting, but I allready have 3 vac's and the bissel Little Green. If I buy one more my DH will go nuts :eek:. I've had hand held vacs before but weren't any good. I was thinking of getting this for my car. HELP :confused:

For those of you who bought the kurv, is it any good? For that price it is very tempting, but I allready have 3 vac's and the bissel Little Green. If I buy one more my DH will go nuts :eek:. I've had hand held vacs before but weren't any good. I was thinking of getting this for my car. HELP :confused:

Yes, I LOVE my KURV I also bought the KONE but I like the KURV better and I gave the KONE to my MIL. It is very handy and IMHO it is very powerful for such a little vac.

and look for CW stuff in packaging other than what you're used to (the foil bag) - they had several 75% off Color Wonder poster sets that were very large and on cardboard backing. Same concept- came with markers, etc... Like LovetoshopCA said, though, these were all generic designs: animals, etc.

OK, thank you. I will have to go back tomorrow or Thursday to see any of ours are

marked down yet.

I agree except ours had ones with tinkerbell on them on clearance also. But no other character ones. maybe they shouldn't have been?? Maybe theywere just old and they found them in back or something.

Do you know the white storage system they have? it's the one with the different cubes. Anyways, I got the one that has 4 drawers.

Thank you!! I was hoping you'd say it was that system. Looks like I'll be heading to target today!:)

Yes, at one store they had marked them 75% off. I will be heading out to other stores today, and can report back when I visit them.

thanks for the great post.Got lots of crayola stuff yesterday.you are simply great.

Ok which Kurv is on clearance? I saw a dark brown one at mine and it didn't scan on sale. Is there specific colors that are clearanced out?

I know the "champagne" color is on clearance, and I also found a Red/Maroon colored one, which they call "spice"... I think it is basically any that are not the Dark Brown... HTH

nothing real exciting at my target today.... there are still tons of listerine whitening packs with the mouthwash and disolving strips down to 12.50 now.... Since there were so many I am taking my chances and hoping they will go just a bit lower

Not alot at my target this morning either, but I did find a couple of office task chairs marked from $39.99 to $9.98 and a few of those five star notebook 2 packs marked from $5.99 to $1.48.

Are you refering to the different color task chairs?

dnvillane and naturegirl, I checked Watchung and Clark this morning and I didn't see any CW's marked down at all. There were lots of those craft sets marked down 75%/ I checked a few of the CW's but they were all full price. Lots of empty pegs though so maybe someone else got to them first. I did find a kurv at Watchung. It was a maroon one. I got it thinking it would be great for the steps and behind some furniture so I'll try it out tonight. Party favors were still 30% :(. DS's party is next week so they better get on the ball.

Are you refering to the different color task chairs?

I am not sure, but they were blue on the bottom and the top I think was black with holes in it. They look similar to the Kool Kolor ones on the target website, but I don't think those are the same as these were regularly $39.99 not $69.99. I will try to get the DCPI and post it later. I don't have access to them right now.

I picked up some of the notebooks too. I also got 2 paks of of binders with a pocketed divider for 2.48, a 3.24 lampshade (reg 24.99), some 3M plastic window covers (4 windows for 3.48). They had 12 paks of pepsi products 3/$9.00 and I used the $1 coupon from the website. I got some other great stuff along with all of this too! :yup:

Picked up a TON of craft packs and CW today! Our church is gathering small toys and stuff for a mission trip. The lady in front of me in the check out line, was giving me funny looks, I finally told her "no I'm not crazy, they are on sale for $3 or less" Not in to scrapbooking, but the whole aisle was marked with red tags, along with 1/2 of the wedding section too.

dnvillane and naturegirl, I checked Watchung and Clark this morning and I didn't see any CW's marked down at all. There were lots of those craft sets marked down 75%/ I checked a few of the CW's but they were all full price. Lots of empty pegs though so maybe someone else got to them first. I did find a kurv at Watchung. It was a maroon one. I got it thinking it would be great for the steps and behind some furniture so I'll try it out tonight. Party favors were still 30% :(. DS's party is next week so they better get on the ball.

Thanks for checking. I tried to Union store and did find a few Color Wonder discounted - mostly the ones with the black paper. Very, very limited. I saw a plain black paper, a safari with black paper and a Spongebob with black paper that were discounted. Also picked up a few jewelry charm kits for 2.48 but that's about it.

I checked the Clark last night, no Color wonder stuff but quiet a lot of Transformer stuff - spray and projection sets. I got a Trasnformer projection set for $4.xx .

I found a globe for $4.32, I just grabbed it :D. was looking for one since quiet sometime and pretty good size too.

Got a lamp for 9.xx, not sure if i am gonna keep it.

Curious Perfume gift set for 6.xx, orig 24.99

girls tattoo making sticker set 3.xx

2 small cushions, 4.xx each (need those for kids day care), orig 18.99

Lots of makeup - lipstick, diamond shine gloss, lip pencil, lip brush: from .38c to 2.70, was pretty surprised to find some really good make up on sale.

They had lots of razors, but i wasnt looking for any. And hair color too on sale.

I just recently started doing "perimeter pursuing" at Target, THANKS to this thread! otherwise i did not know sales like this even existed.

Thanks to all of you!!! I now experience the exhilaration and excietment of finding good things on sale. :) otherwise i was more used to buying the stuff at regulat price.

Oh ya forgot to mention, did not see any Kurv's in spice or light brown color. They only had the brown ones, which of course scanned for full price. And microwaves (model # R-308KW) only 308-NW which are not on sale.

So my search for both these things is still on.