Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Please help. Every year Target clearances out the Bikes, have I missed it for this year??? I have gone weekly to see a sale and nothing. Does anyone remember when this happens? It is an odd time of year...I do remember that.

I saw two bikes discounted 30% today.. first time I saw the discount sticker on them so maybe start watching. They werent on the bike racks..they were on the regular small bike aisles.

So a friend shared this with me. You all probably already have this information but just in case...

http://www.walletpop.com/2008/02/14/counting-the-days-at-target/

Counting the days at Targetby Julie Tilsner Feb 14th 2008 @ 4:15PM

Filed under: Bargains, Home, Shopping

Attention all Target Shoppers: You can get some great deals at the popular discounter, but because of the haphazard way the store marks down its merchandise, there had better be some method to your madness.

This Wisebread blog post provides the key to the puzzle. Among other tips, shoppers are advised to understand the daily markdowns; Target marks down different segments of merchandise on different days of the week.

Monday: Electronics, Kids clothing and stationary (Cards, gift wrapping paper, etc.).

Tuesday: Domestics, women's clothing, pets and Market (food items,etc).

Wednesday: men's clothing, toys, lawn & garden, health and beauty items.

Thursday: House wares, lingerie, sporting goods, shoes, music, DVDs, books and luggage.

Friday: Auto, cosmetics, hardware, and jewelry.

For the best deals, get there early the day of the markdown. And be sure to make liberal use of the in-store scanners to find deals that haven't been otherwise marked...that's another Target retailing puzzle that can work in your favor.

Holiday Deals – Target participates in a generous markdown after major holidays, as well. Clothing is at a fabulous price during their after-holiday clearance, with many Valentines or Independence Day t-shirts for under a buck. (By picking some generic prints and designs, they can be worn year-round.) Their holiday markdown schedule is usually as follows (with the exception of Christmas, which can vary):

50% off the day after holiday for three days

75% off the fourth day after holiday for three days

90% off the seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days.

Some additional points to note about Target shopping:

If you find an item at 75% off, and you want it, don’t let it get away! They rarely mark down non-holiday items below this discount.

If it the price ends in the number 4, you may be looking at your last chance to buy.

Check to be sure that an item marked “As Is” is worth purchasing. I have been duped on a few occasions by unscrupulous customers who opened a package and swapped out the contents with a knock-off or broken merchandise. Target will not honor returns on “As Is” merchandise. That being said, I have also gotten some great deals on a Graco Pack N’ Play and a car seat simply because they were ordered online and returned to the store. There may not be anything wrong with the item at all!

Don’t buy just to buy. Unless you are planning on reselling merchandise, or need the item anyway, don’t get tempted into buying for the thrill of it. Every penny you spend is that much more work you will have to do to earn it back. Play the game, but don’t lose at it.

The Target shopping game can be very competitive, and there will be others out there trying to get the same deals as you. Get there early, get what you want, and get out. You’ll save a bundle, and maybe even have some fun!

I went to another Target and found some of the Kodak gift cards in the Valentines aisle with a 75% off sign on the shelf....So when I went to cash out (I bought a ton of them, but did leave some on the shelf for other customers) they were ringing up $25...I told the cashier they were the Valentines ones (they said "hello valentine") and the sign said they were 75% off, so she price adjusted them all to 75% off. After I cashed out me and dd15 went to the food court to share the pretzel/pop combo and I was looking at what a great deal I got on my Valentine purchases and the Kodak giftcards. As I was reading the back of the Kodak card it said it had to be activated upon cashing out. So when we were done eating I went to go back to the same cashier that checked me out but she was gone. So I went to another cashier and explained that I didnt think the cashier activated them when I paid for them. So she tried to activate the card but couldnt. So she calls over another associate for help who asks for my receipt. I handed it to her and she was looking at it and questioned why I paid only $6.25? I again explain they are the Valentines ones and there was a sign back there that said 75% off...so she says to me that we have to go to customer service. She then she explains all this to the employee at customer service and she tries to activate them but cant. She again questions why they were marked down so cheap , and AGAIN I explain why. She then explains that they cant activate them because they were all pulled from the system (but she couldnt understand why they still rung up). So she calls someone on the phone and tells them I was buying 20 of them (really only 16) and that someone marked them down to almost nothing. She gets off the phone and says she HAS to return them because they shouldnt have been marked down. She said that someone did pull them but someone else must have put them back when they shouldnt have been put back. I tell her no, I'm not gonna return them so she says the cashier can lose her job. I said how can she lose her job if they were Valentines items with a sign clearly saying they were 75% off??? I said it's not the cashiers fault, it was whoever put them back on the Valentine shelf. She then told me to hold on, and took my receipt and one of the Kodak cards to a room near customer service (managers office???) She then came back and said I could keep them if I wanted but I wont be able to use them because they were not activated and they are unable to activate them. I said I'd keep them anyway and try to see if they worked and if not I'd return them. I then told her there were a bunch more back there and as I was leaving I heard her call somone on those radios they carry and tell the employee to check for them and remove them because I said there were more back there.......Sooooo does anyone think Kodak will activate them for me? or should I just return them?:confused:

I dunno, It might not be any different than any other gift card that needs to be activated before it can be used. If you call the company, there's no proof that the card was actually purchased instead of just picked up from the shelf. Maybe try another target?

I dunno, It might not be any different than any other gift card that needs to be activated before it can be used. If you call the company, there's no proof that the card was actually purchased instead of just picked up from the shelf. Maybe try another target?

I asked about the Shutterfly and Kodak gift cards because they were literally right under a sign that said 90% off Valentines. The manager said they cannot discount any kind of gift card and send them back to the companies. (Figured it was worth a try asking)

I asked about the Shutterfly and Kodak gift cards because they were literally right under a sign that said 90% off Valentines. The manager said they cannot discount any kind of gift card and send them back to the companies. (Figured it was worth a try asking)

You know, I think I saw them at the Union store this morning but I didn't even think about getting them discounted. I'm sure that would be a YMMV depending on the cashier you get.

Please help. Every year Target clearances out the Bikes, have I missed it for this year??? I have gone weekly to see a sale and nothing. Does anyone remember when this happens? It is an odd time of year...I do remember that.

They just had a huge clearance in the Sports section and a lot of members got some great deals on bikes. A lot of the bikes were actually never marked. You may be able to get a DCPI of some that were bought and see if your store has any left unmarked. Good Luck!

I agree, I would try another Target. You do have a receipt that shows you purchased them. Might as well give it a try.

Stopped at Target at lunchtime today GB was 75% and Valentine stuff was 90%. Thanks to who ever posted about the Valentine Kelly dolls being in the Barbie aisle. I found them, got 4 of them for .49, picked up valentines for next year at .19 a box. Didn't have time to look for much more.

Well I didnt get the storage bins but did score 2 of the lightning McQueen Cars toy storage bins for 9.98 each. Also got the pink Camo bed in a bag set for 12.98(twin) matching lamp for 6, some throw pillows for 75% off and some pillow cases for 2.98. Not a bad day.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TZW9DZH8L._SS260_.jpg

My sister & I were able to get about 10 of the Shutterfly GC the other day. The manager did not want to give them to us for 75% off, until I physically took him to where they were. (right under the sign) He said that he had to honor the 75% because it was there mistake. I also think what really helped was the fact that they were not Target GC's. Once I explained that they had to be used online at Shutterfly, he felt that it was considered as a seasonal product. :)

Oh my gosh I was so excited tonight at Target... went there to see if there were any of these deals everyone is posting available but to no avail... checked to see if the juice was there...nothing... checked for the shoes (the whole reason we went to Target)...no black dress shoes... got the popcorn/drink combo :gdpopcorn:and was charged 20 cents more for icee... I was feeling pretty bummed...

son wanted to go look around in the video game section... I saw the XBOX 360 Dance Dance Revolution Universe2 :g_dance: right next to Rockband... looked at the price and it said $19.98 :eyepoppin .... I totally flipped out... I grabbed all 3 of the ones they had but then decided to put one back just so if anyone questioned where they were or what they were marked I could show them. Got up front and they rang up at $69.99 and I politely said they are marked 19.98 on the shelf. The cashier called the manager who went and checked, came back over and said that it was suppose to be for the DDR Universe 1 not 2 but since they messed up on the stocking they would adjust the price on both of the ones I was buying. :yay:I asked at this point if I could get the third one as well and was told no but I figured it never hurt to ask. :blush:

So when you go just look and see if the same thing happened at your store.

Sooooo does anyone think Kodak will activate them for me? or should I just return them?:confused:

I would call Kodak. When I had a problem with the Shutterfly books, the cashier did not activate them all, Shutterfly was able to help. I did, however, have to give them my reciept transaction number and other info. I would think that Kodak could somehow help as long as you have your reciept. Good Luck!!

Got up front and they rang up at $69.99 and I politely said they are marked 19.98 on the shelf. The cashier called the manager who went and checked, came back over and said that it was suppose to be for the DDR Universe 1 not 2 but since they messed up on the stocking they would adjust the price on both of the ones I was buying. :yay:I asked at this point if I could get the third one as well and was told no but I figured it never hurt to ask. :blush:

So when you go just look and see if the same thing happened at your store.

I had that happen one time with a croquet set I went to get .... mom sent kids $25 and wanted me to get them a croquet set. Well, they had some pretty crappey looking ones for about $20 and then they had a SUPER nice boxed Eddie Bauer set and the shelf tag said $14.98. I kept looking at it thinking "NO way!" Because it was obviously a much nicer, well made set than the others. Turns out they printed the tag wrong and it was supposed to be $74.98! But they sold it to me for the price on the tag ....

BTW the croquet thing happened a couple of years back,,,i am sure it has been corrected by now

So a friend shared this with me. You all probably already have this information but just in case...

http://www.walletpop.com/2008/02/14/counting-the-days-at-target/

Counting the days at Targetby Julie Tilsner Feb 14th 2008 @ 4:15PM

Filed under: Bargains, Home, Shopping

Attention all Target Shoppers: You can get some great deals at the popular discounter, but because of the haphazard way the store marks down its merchandise, there had better be some method to your madness.

This Wisebread blog post provides the key to the puzzle. Among other tips, shoppers are advised to understand the daily markdowns; Target marks down different segments of merchandise on different days of the week.

Monday: Electronics, Kids clothing and stationary (Cards, gift wrapping paper, etc.).

Tuesday: Domestics, women's clothing, pets and Market (food items,etc).

Wednesday: men's clothing, toys, lawn & garden, health and beauty items.

Thursday: House wares, lingerie, sporting goods, shoes, music, DVDs, books and luggage.

Friday: Auto, cosmetics, hardware, and jewelry.

For the best deals, get there early the day of the markdown. And be sure to make liberal use of the in-store scanners to find deals that haven't been otherwise marked...that's another Target retailing puzzle that can work in your favor.

Holiday Deals – Target participates in a generous markdown after major holidays, as well. Clothing is at a fabulous price during their after-holiday clearance, with many Valentines or Independence Day t-shirts for under a buck. (By picking some generic prints and designs, they can be worn year-round.) Their holiday markdown schedule is usually as follows (with the exception of Christmas, which can vary):

50% off the day after holiday for three days

75% off the fourth day after holiday for three days

90% off the seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days.

S...

Yes as it was pretty much stolen from the first post of this list.

90% off v-day so I grabbed a few bags of the strawberry marshmallows. They didn't ring up at 90%, but I bought a ton of other valentines stuff so the cashier said "Aren't these 90% off too?" Another cashier said "they're right under the 90% off sign, so, yeah, they must be." That made them ten cents a bag. They make the BEST rice krispy treats!!!

I had the oposite proplem as everyone else. My kodak cards were scanned 25$ & were activated ,then when I told the cashier I did not want them at that price ,he could not unactivate them. The manager came over told the cashier to give them to me for 90% off since they said valantines & she even made sure that they were activated and ok!!!!! I only saw 2, didn"t have time to look for more, but 50$ for $5 was a great deal for me!:D

I also found 11 pairs of pants including jeans , 11 shirts, sweater, sox, Kelly dolls, cookies & candy all 90% off.

Well I didnt get the storage bins but did score 2 of the lightning McQueen Cars toy storage bins for 9.98 each. Also got the pink Camo bed in a bag set for 12.98(twin) matching lamp for 6, some throw pillows for 75% off and some pillow cases for 2.98. Not a bad day.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TZW9DZH8L._SS260_.jpg

I have not seen this in our store. Do you have the dcpi?? My son has a cars room and this would be great in it.

I remember someone asking if the makeup ever went on clearence. Well last night I went to target and saw that covergirl, maybelline, revlon, Physicians Formula and something called gossip, these were all 50% off and they had quite a few items of every brand, I do not know if at some point they were 30% off or if it just went straight to 50% since I hardly ever look at the makeup section. Just and FYI to keep an eye on them.

I also seen the under the kitchen cabinet CD player for $29.99 and was debating on getting it or not but I left it, (I think I should of got it) they had a couple, but I was wondering has anyone bought this and is it good (I do not know about the brand, since all the electronics in my home are usually purchased by my husband). I think I might go after work to get it.

If either of you NJ girls look at the Watchung store, go look over behind the video game section, where the fireplace screens & other stuff like that is. I think I remember seeing a few over there a week ago (right after Valentine's day?) but I didn't even scan because they had no red tags and were just too big. I can't believe you couldn't find one today in Clark - there must have been at least 6 left - wonder if someone took the whole pallet for resale??

I checked the Linden store on my way to home. And BINGO! They had it. Initially i just saw the regular priced ones then I found one box in wash cloth aisle. It was open and torn. I got hold of a sales associate and asked him for the price. He used his scanner but the price would not come up. He said if i can wait a few minutes he will go check since he needs to print that to get the price. I said go ahead. He came back and told me that it was 14.98. I said great! I will take it :) He said, "If you dont mind waiting few minutes I can go check in the back room if there are any fresh unopened boxes". I said, I do not mind at all. And if you have more then I need 2. He came back 5-7 minutes later with big 2 boxes, one in blue and the other pink. I said PERFECT!!! Cannot be better. He helped me wheel those to the cash register and helped me put them in the car.

I must have thanked him atleast 5-6 times I was so happy :D

Thanks to you guys for posting the deal and to NJ girlies for checking the store availablity. Greatly appreciate it!!!!!

Global Bazaar went to 75% in both of my stores. There is still a good amount left - I found the vase and the lamp I wanted.

I also finally got my Sharp Microwave for $22.xx. The purple Kone that I've been watching was still at $27 but I decided to get it - there were 4 of them earlier this week and now they were down to the last one.

There were 6-7 of the mm juices on the shelf - I got two and left the rest for someone else.

Good day today! :)

Re: alligator pump bottle, etc.

The alligator things were Valentine's towels, linens, etc. and should be 90% off (unless the Valentine's stuff is ringing up $0.00 today already). The only other things I recall seeing were some plushy hand towels and fingertip towels, squishy pillow (I saw a few of these the last couple days, all over the store in random places - gifts aisle, bedding, seasonal, all over!) and picture frames. They had the 4x6 rectangular frames, and also alligator-shaped figural photo clips. Oh, they also had school cafeteria-like divided trays, but I haven't seen those for a while. I don't think they had any matching shower curtains, I think Target just had the one multi-colored heart vinyl shower curtain. It's possible there were also some plastic cups with the alligator theme in the seasonal dining stuff, but I can't remember since I haven't seen them for so long.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but some of the Hot Hues card-making and stationery card kits and embellishments were scanning 90% off (more of the brown craft paper stuff than the white stuff). The rest was red-tagged 30%. The other scrapbooking kids and things (the stuff by Kay) was still regular price, about $3.99 or so.

I was bummed because I had a set of like, 6 cupcake-shaped figural photo clips in my hand last Friday that no one was buying because they were on the picture frame endcap with a sign "$5 until 2/16", but they were scanning with the rest of the Valentine's stuff 50% off. I hid them and this Target must have some overnight shelf-Nazis because my entire stash was cleaned out!

Don't forget to check the pets aisle for other Valentine's stuff, though, I found some doggie squeak toys (more cupcakes!!) and they had some pastry-themed cat toys. I've also read of people buying the little doggie costumes and using them for their daughter's stuffed teddy bears and stuff, or the pink kitty ruffle for a teddy bear tutu. For 50¢, why not :P.

HTH!