Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I LOVE the puzzle. I haven't seen any here, not even for full price. :(

Thanks for this tip on this puzzle. I went out today with my 9 year old daughter and with luck we found it the last one. It rang up not on file and I got it for 2.49. I was so happy that i actually giggled about it. :cheesy:

So since I had to give a presentation to the City Council tonight at the last minute, I thought I deserved a treat. I had tried to withdraw myself from Target, and have been a little successful. Anyway I went to the one in Clermont, Fl.. not my usual one. But it was great fun. I found a FP Easy Link internet pad marked 30% off scanning 0.00. They gave it to me for 90% off without me having to beg. Found a REALLY cute apron only 50% off but I bought it anyway. I have LOVED the green and white polka dot Isaac sheets. I have been begging them to go on clearance.. finally and only because Isaac is leaving. I have found them for 50% off so far but finally found a Queen so I bought it, hopefully I will find them for 75% off but I am HAPPY!!!! Found some picture frames and some v-day candy I didn't need. Oh and Olive oil was on clearance - 30% so far but I bought some anyway. OHHHHHHH and a fruit punch MM.. Haven't found that flavor yet! YAY!!! And those MM are on sale this week so i thought for sure I wouldn't find any!

It hasn't went clearance it is still the same price. DH checked today. BUT I am just confused about the no receipt return. I was there a few weeks ago and they were letting a lady return a stereo without a receipt. I have never returned without a receipt. (I hoard them all in a file in my purse!!):rolleyes:I guess my question is.... is it standard at all Target stores that you can only return an item without a receipt if it is under $20?????

Yes, that is thier newest thing. It has to be under $20 without a receipt and then you can only exchange it for something in the same department.

Target has been in the news alot lately. Last night they aired a story about how target has one of the best forensic csi labs in the country. They even help local police departments catch murderers. Crazy!! :eyepoppin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/28/AR2006012801268.html

Then tonight they ran a story about which days of the week have what discounts. I really hope not too many people catch on to this (not to be selfish, ok maybe a little) :)

thanks for the link, interesting, who woulda guessed! not too sure how they can afford it though, after selling all their stuff @ 75% off to gottadealers :cheesy:

Does anyone know their policy for selling floor models? i wanted to buy the sunbeam mixer, and it had the clearance tags on it, but the sales people said no. :(

Usually they do not sell them.

However, some have had luck if they ask. I recently asked about a Kitchen Aid but decided against it after they said yes.

Does anyone know their policy for selling floor models? i wanted to buy the sunbeam mixer, and it had the clearance tags on it, but the sales people said no. :(

I wanted to buy a Hoover floor cleaner once and it was the floor model. They would not sell it to me--said it was against store policy. I went in two different days and asked 3 different people. No go.

About 2 weeks later, I went into the store, and the floor cleaner was on the endcap, marked down for much less than I was originally going to pay for it!

Keep an eye out, at least at our store, it usually appears on an endcap on clearance soon.

Valentine's Day stuff was 90% off in both stores in my area! They had a LOT of things left at the first one (I got there right around opening) but the second store was very picked over. I did manage to find some good things for next year.

I also found 3 of the round Disney puzzles - I only purchased one for 3.xx.

The Kone's and Sharp Microwaves I'm waiting for are still only 30% off...The stores are running low on the silver Microwaves so I hope they discount them quickly.

GB was still 50% of at both stores.

Valentine's Day stuff was 90% off in both stores in my area! They had a LOT of things left at the first one (I got there right around opening) but the second store was very picked over. I did manage to find some good things for next year.

I also found 3 of the round Disney puzzles - I only purchased one for 3.xx.

The Kone's and Sharp Microwaves I'm waiting for are still only 30% off...The stores are running low on the silver Microwaves so I hope they discount them quickly.

GB was still 50% of at both stores.

just got off the phone with my local Target and Vday stuff is definitely 90% there. Will try at lunch and see what's left.

O.k. ladies!:D I have a question about a return. I bought a king sized comforter with the shams etc....back in November. DH was on his way to Target today and I asked him to take it back without the receipt because the return window had expired. I know that you are allowed 2 per year without the receipt but because it was over $20.00 they wouldn't do it. They needed to look up the transaction? I still have the receipt and it was on my Target card....do you think they will still take it back? Worst thing is, I only want to return it because I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and I found one I like better (and it cost twice as much)! And it is unopened still in the bag. What do I do???:confused:

I always pay with my CC in case I lose my receipt. I've returned items before (>$20) without a receipt. If you give them the item and your CC, they can look up the transaction.

just got off the phone with my local Target and Vday stuff is definitely 90% there. Will try at lunch and see what's left.

Looking like I will have to make another Target run at lunch today... darn, I had other errands to run... but it looks like bargain hunting in going to win out on the priorities. :D

>>Originally Posted by JackJack

O.k. ladies! I have a question about a return. I bought a king sized comforter with the shams etc....back in November. DH was on his way to Target today and I asked him to take it back without the receipt because the return window had expired. I know that you are allowed 2 per year without the receipt but because it was over $20.00 they wouldn't do it. They needed to look up the transaction? I still have the receipt and it was on my Target card....do you think they will still take it back? Worst thing is, I only want to return it because I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and I found one I like better (and it cost twice as much)! And it is unopened still in the bag. What do I do???<<

I would try to return it anyway. If they start to say no I would let them know you want to buy another that they carry. I would think that since they still have the one you want to return at full price they might let you exchange it for different and more expensive one. Good Luck! Let us know what happens.

I have a question about "as is" items. I was perusing back in Jan trying to find my mother one of the sewing machines on clearance. Sitting on the endcap was one of the "newer" model sewing machines that had obviously been opened, and returned. It had a "as is" label on it marking it down 30%, that was more than I wanted to pay for something that will be used very rarely. I thought it might go on down, but so far no luck... (it's still sitting there by the way) Do they ever mark these items on down if they don't sale?

I have a question about "as is" items. I was perusing back in Jan trying to find my mother one of the sewing machines on clearance. Sitting on the endcap was one of the "newer" model sewing machines that had obviously been opened, and returned. It had a "as is" label on it marking it down 30%, that was more than I wanted to pay for something that will be used very rarely. I thought it might go on down, but so far no luck... (it's still sitting there by the way) Do they ever mark these items on down if they don't sale?

They do mark them down sometimes but not as often I dont think. Also,get the dcpi number and punch it in one of the scanners because I have found them marked one thing and then the scanned price is lower.

ask a sales associate about it and see if you can get them to mark it down further explain that you would clearly like to buy it but it looks like it's been opened or returned. that is what I did with a britax car seat that was returned from online and got one he** of a deal on it.

I went to Target last night - and found some MM juices!! My first time!! I bought 5 of them and left 5 for the next lucky person!!! I was so excited!! I called and woke my husband up- he was working out of town! I also found that puzzle that someone put on here this week. The Disney Esphera... It was 7.84!!!!! It came up "item not found" and then the manager scanned it at the Register and it came up 7.84! That is a great deal!!!

So since I had to give a presentation to the City Council tonight at the last minute, I thought I deserved a treat. I had tried to withdraw myself from Target, and have been a little successful. Anyway I went to the one in Clermont, Fl.. not my usual one. But it was great fun. I found a FP Easy Link internet pad marked 30% off scanning 0.00. They gave it to me for 90% off without me having to beg. Found a REALLY cute apron only 50% off but I bought it anyway. I have LOVED the green and white polka dot Isaac sheets. I have been begging them to go on clearance.. finally and only because Isaac is leaving. I have found them for 50% off so far but finally found a Queen so I bought it, hopefully I will find them for 75% off but I am HAPPY!!!! Found some picture frames and some v-day candy I didn't need. Oh and Olive oil was on clearance - 30% so far but I bought some anyway. OHHHHHHH and a fruit punch MM.. Haven't found that flavor yet! YAY!!! And those MM are on sale this week so i thought for sure I wouldn't find any!

I have those Green and White Polka dot sheets and they are SOOOOOOOOOOO soft!! I love them, they are my absolute favorite sheets!!!!

Just an overheard FYI....I THINK they will mark GB down Friday. I was listening to the markdown team manager training a new team member. They call those markdowns from corporate a PLU and she said they'd be doing one on Friday. As we all know VDay was done today, that leaves only GB as that type of item on the floor right now. So, I'd check then if you are looking for something particular.

Regarding the party items. My target had disney princess and Elmo 50% off. They also had princess, elmo, spiderman and transformer wrapping paper for 50% off. The generic party favors which are hung up where only 30% off. I just got back from another target one city away and none of this was on sale. I do not think Tinkerbell will be on sale because I remember buying some napkins and wrapping paper about 4 month ago for 75% off and since then they changed the style since there is a tinkerbell movie coming out.

Alright, are you guys ready for some emoticons? :yelclap::lolrun::groovin::runaway: Fantastic day at Target...best EVER. I love you guys by the way...GROUP HUG!!! I found a Cone vaccuum with the curves on an endcap (no clearance tags or signs) was sad thinking they must not have been clearanced at my store...decided to scan anyways...scanned 2 of the curves (one came up $49.99, the other $34.98...SAME model/color)...the Cone scanned $19.98!!! It was the only one and a color i really liked, so in the cart it went!! YAY!!! I never would've looked twice at them without people on here mentioning that they got them on sale :) THANKS!!!

Also, went in search of the disney puzzle in toys...found 3, no clearance stickers/signs...tagged $32.98 on the shelf...scanned one "item not found" asked a worker, he said it would be the tag on the shelf (so $32.98)...but decided to double check the numbers on the tag (they were TINY), and different than the puzzle! Then he tracked down one of the scanner boxes they have, still not found...before this was over i had 4 people working on this...one manager said they had gone on clearance and to give it to me for $7.48! I was super excited, BUT then another manager went and got the HEAD person w/printer function...and that person actually gave it to me for $3.74!!! and tagged it so it would scan that at the register :) :groovin: I decided to take all 3...but the guy who had been helping me originally was trying to find another one to buy for his pastors daughter's birthday, so I gave him one (he was so excited he RAN up front to buy it immediately, lol)...I thanked them all profusely and went on my way:2wiggle::yay::gdthums::gdnum1:

Did not find any birthday supplies, but did also pick up the Nintendo Wii game w/nickolodeon folks (50% off) for $24.99, the Pirates of the Carribean CD chest player for $8.74, some pooh stickers for .74, mittens for .74 and some mandatory 90% off V-day stuff (found the carebear for .49!!!!). *sigh* I was shaking i was so psyched...I even finally got a red-card...so that was another $9xx back....good times! :gdnum1:

ps- almost forgot...finally picked up the my little pony pc games set for $4.98! I've been watching it on clearance for months! yay!

Edited by katiesmommy01

Alright, are you guys ready for some emoticons? :yelclap::lolrun::groovin::runaway: Fantastic day at Target...best EVER. I love you guys by the way...GROUP HUG!!! I found a Cone vaccuum with the curves on an endcap (no clearance tags or signs) was sad thinking they must not have been clearanced at my store...decided to scan anyways...scanned 2 of the curves (one came up $49.99, the other $34.98...SAME model/color)...the Cone scanned $19.98!!! It was the only one and a color i really liked, so in the cart it went!! YAY!!! I never would've looked twice at them without people on here mentioning that they got them on sale :) THANKS!!!

Also, went in search of the disney puzzle in toys...found 3, no clearance stickers/signs...tagged $32.98 on the shelf...scanned one "item not found" asked a worker, he said it would be the tag on the shelf (so $32.98)...but decided to double check the numbers on the tag (they were TINY), and different than the puzzle! Then he tracked down one of the scanner boxes they have, still not found...before this was over i had 4 people working on this...one manager said they had gone on clearance and to give it to me for $7.48! I was super excited, BUT then another manager went and got the HEAD person w/printer function...and that person actually gave it to me for $3.74!!! and tagged it so it would scan that at the register :) :groovin: I decided to take all 3...but the guy who had been helping me originally was trying to find another one to buy for his pastors daughter's birthday, so I gave him one (he was so excited he RAN up front to buy it immediately, lol)...I thanked them all profusely and went on my way:2wiggle::yay::gdthums::gdnum1:

Did not find any birthday supplies, but did also pick up the Nintendo Wii game w/nickolodeon folks (50% off) for $24.99, the Pirates of the Carribean CD chest player for $8.74, some pooh stickers for .74, mittens for .74 and some mandatory 90% off V-day stuff (found the carebear for .49!!!!). *sigh* I was shaking i was so psyched...I even finally got a red-card...so that was another $9xx back....good times! :gdnum1:

I'm sooo jealous you found the cd chest player!!! I looked everywhere for it before x~mas & was told they were clearanced out a long time ago!!:( That is a great deal...congratulations!:) I was so excited when I went in today, weather is really bad here so their were only like 2 other cars in the parking lot, I got sooo much stuff & only spent $40!!

I'm sooo jealous you found the cd chest player!!! I looked everywhere for it before x~mas & was told they were clearanced out a long time ago!!:( That is a great deal...congratulations!:) I was so excited when I went in today, weather is really bad here so their were only like 2 other cars in the parking lot, I got sooo much stuff & only spent $40!!

lol, i didn't know what it was! I had to have someone explain it to me...but it looks like something my BIL would like, so i figured i'd get it and could always return it later (the cashier was jealous too!). I'll tell you what though...if he doesn't want it i'll PM you if you want and we can work something out to ship it to you! (i'd give you the price i paid of course).:yup: