Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I went to Target over the weekend and got a few items in the 75% Vday items. I was looking at the Vday clothing for my girls. Got a sweater for $2.49 and a tshirt for $1. My best find was hidden in the candy aisle. It was a Christmas tee shirt...of course it didn't ring up when I scanned it to check the price. The cashier wanted to give it to me for .99 but I told her that at christmas and halloween that these shirts were going for about .25....so she gave it to me for $.10. I was happy with that. :)

The Vday stuff will go 90% on Wed or Thursday right?

I have a question... would the broom vacs and the kurves be considered housewares (marked down Thursday) or Domestics (marked down tuesday)?!?!?! someone mentioned they were marked down to 12.xx in their area, but are still 24.xx here so am waiting for that next markdown!!!!

I have a question... would the broom vacs and the kurves be considered housewares (marked down Thursday) or Domestics (marked down tuesday)?!?!?! someone mentioned they were marked down to 12.xx in their area, but are still 24.xx here so am waiting for that next markdown!!!!

I'm guessing housewares because the ones at my Target were not marked down on Thursday. But when I went there on Friday, they were 75% off.

Hi! I'm new here and am so happy to have found you! I've been "perusing" for a while, but never in my wildest dreams I would've imagine a site like this! I'm a target junkie as well and thrive on target deals. Thanks to this site I've found greater deals and am so happy to have "sisters" to share them with. So, thank you very much and I hope I can also be of help to you in the future!

Today on a late night trip, I found VD stuff at 75% not a lot left because it was before closing, but I did see some kelly dolls that you guys were talking about. I did get some VD girl sweaters in the 30% rack but scanned 75% off...GB at this store was still 50% and not a lot left. I did find MM! 1 punch, 2 grape, I couldn't believe it! I'm still looking for the toy organizers, but no luck! I saw one last week and I was sure it was going to be at least 50% but kept scanning 30% (41.xx) I did not get it because thats the online price and I figure I could get it at that price anyways. BTW, do you guys rely on the target site inventory when it says "find it at a store"? I've seen "available" in a store and it wasn't there, what's the deal with that? Also, another question why do you guys ask for the DPCI #, is there a way to look it up in the store or do you ask a CS rep?

:2welcome::hiya:

I'm the same way. I've surfed Target endcaps for years. It was nice to find a 'support group' for my habit. :) I have friends who just do not understand yet love the deals that I find.

I was excited with my finds today. I got the last 8 Valentine Kelly dolls they had - found them right with the Barbies thank to you all! I plan to use them for favors at my daughter's birthday party. In the 75% off Valentine section, I got over 25 clothing items for girls and women, which really was great because I have been trying to help my aunt who collects clothing for a mission in Haiti and they can use all sizes. The only restriction which is imposed by the country is that they have to be new. So for $1.25 each I got all kinds of shirts and leggings to send down. I also found some slipper socks in the V-day section which I plan to use for Christmas gifts next year - they were just red with frogs or red and pink and don't really need to be for V-day at all. Our store still has plenty left, especially stuffed animals!

If anyone needs party supplies, I stumbled upon the markdown team marking a whole bunch of themes 30% off. All the little individually wrapped favors that are normally 89 cents were being marked down too, as well as some of the larger favor packs. I didn't get any today but I'm hoping to score some when they go lower. I saw Hello Kitty, Elmo, Disney Princess and a bunch more popular themes that I'm sure we'll use at some point with 3 young kids...

oh, and this weekend I found a use for all those giant blanket boxes I bought at Target during the 90% off Christmas clearance. :) I always run into issues with the large shaped birthday cakes I make because they won't fit into my normal cake containers and then I have no way of keeping them fresh overnight. So I put two of the blanket boxes together and taped them into one giant box and viola I have almost exactly what they use in bakeries. :) Small things make me happy. :)

I remember some mentioning that they were looking for a potatoe head, I wanted one for my daughter and they were all gone at my Target. My mom went to the dreaded Walmart, and she found some, she bought it for 2.48 for my daughter. I think I was more excited than my daughter!!:D

I love this thread - it's got some great tips!

Has anyone seen the Sharp Microwaves on clearance? They have been 30% off at both Targets near me for a few weeks - both Targets have 5+ left. I'm hoping they will mark down soon.

Hey Cokemeyer- which one do you shop at? It must not be ours here in Frederick because everytime I go in I can't find many deals.

Hi! Wow - another rare Marylander on here! :) HI!!! :rolleyes: I shop at the one right down the street from me in Ellicott City (rte 103, in Howard County). It is a great store, deals or not. We also have a bigger "Greatland" Target in Columbia which is only another 5 mins away but oddly, even though it is supposed to be bigger, I can't find as much there..

Funny, when I first read your note, I thought you were saying that you must not find any deals BECAUSE you ARE going to my store and I'm taking all of them, hee hee. I do usually try to leave some for others, even if I did take just about every short-sleeved Valentine shirt they had today. :yup: I probably go an average of 3-4 times every 2 weeks. Basically Perimeter Perusing has become my outlet for a "place" to take the kids (5, 3 and 11 mos) when I can't handle much more of an outing anywhere else, working around naps, school, etc. They think it is a big thrill just to go to Target for an hour so it works for all of us.

Colleen

went in today and got....

Ghost Rider special collectors edition dvd- $6.26 (as is, although there were two and they were brand new... they also had eragon dvds for $4.96 as is as well- like 12 of them)

alligator picture holder thing $1.12 (it was missing the heart in its mouth and the cashier gave me 10% off of $1.25... not enough IMHO)

cd envelope 2.48

retractable dog leash from the dollar spot $2.50

if anyone in the stow ohio area is looking for baby supplies (strollers, joggers, bottles, bottle liners, diaper bags) I bought A TON (and by ton, i mean like 5 different strollers) on clearance for a friend of mine having a baby... She came over yesterday to go through everything and pick out what she wanted, so I ended up returning A BUNCH of stuff (nothing was over $30 when I purchased it) so i am sure they are back out on the racks and maybe even marked down more... Good Luck to anyone looking!!!

I am so happy. I found the disney princess partyware at 50% off. I was able to get plates both small and large, tableclothes, stickers, and goody bags and princess crowns for my DD 3rd b-day in April. I was also able to find princess wrapping paper, transformer and spiderman wrapping paper also 50% off.

I even found 1 pack of mm juice. I am stocking up for her party and for a fundraiser for her school so every pack helps.

I am so happy. I found the disney princess partyware at 50% off. I was able to get plates both small and large, tableclothes, stickers, and goody bags and princess crowns for my DD 3rd b-day in April. I was also able to find princess wrapping paper, transformer and spiderman wrapping paper also 50% off.

I even found 1 pack of mm juice. I am stocking up for her party and for a fundraiser for her school so every pack helps.

did you find this stuff today? we are also doing a princess theme for my daughter's 3rd birthday in April! :)

O.k. ladies!:D I have a question about a return. I bought a king sized comforter with the shams etc....back in November. DH was on his way to Target today and I asked him to take it back without the receipt because the return window had expired. I know that you are allowed 2 per year without the receipt but because it was over $20.00 they wouldn't do it. They needed to look up the transaction? I still have the receipt and it was on my Target card....do you think they will still take it back? Worst thing is, I only want to return it because I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and I found one I like better (and it cost twice as much)! And it is unopened still in the bag. What do I do???:confused:

I wonder if the partyware for the boys theme is on clearance too?:eyepoppin

Did you notice if Elmo party stuff was on sale? I am having an Elmo party in April. I know that there was a lot of cute Elmo stuff in the $1 Spot that I am eyeing! :)

Went today during my lunch hour..got the football chip thing that opens at the top and plays the song for $4.98 and the George Foreman grill for $9.09 a Listerine Whitening strip and mouthwash set for $17.50 (had tons of them) and used the $5.00 mnfctr Q to make it $12.50, also some girl valentines shirts for $1.00 and some Fruit snacks (valentines) for $.99, and the funniest one was the 5 pack Temptation cat treats (in a box) for $1.07 each because they were Valentine's Day??? so I used two $1.00/1 Qs and got them for $.14 for both boxes...no MM juice boxes today though..but otherwise good day!! :)

O.k. ladies!:D I have a question about a return. I bought a king sized comforter with the shams etc....back in November. DH was on his way to Target today and I asked him to take it back without the receipt because the return window had expired. I know that you are allowed 2 per year without the receipt but because it was over $20.00 they wouldn't do it. They needed to look up the transaction? I still have the receipt and it was on my Target card....do you think they will still take it back? Worst thing is, I only want to return it because I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and I found one I like better (and it cost twice as much)! And it is unopened still in the bag. What do I do???:confused:

If it had gone on sale or clearance they would only give you back that price anyway, not full price. If it had gone 75% off you may consider Ebay or just use it when your cleaning you other as a backup. I'd try to return with a reciept. The worst they can say is no.

If it had gone on sale or clearance they would only give you back that price anyway, not full price. If it had gone 75% off you may consider Ebay or just use it when your cleaning you other as a backup. I'd try to return with a reciept. The worst they can say is no.

It hasn't went clearance it is still the same price. DH checked today. BUT I am just confused about the no receipt return. I was there a few weeks ago and they were letting a lady return a stereo without a receipt. I have never returned without a receipt. (I hoard them all in a file in my purse!!):rolleyes:I guess my question is.... is it standard at all Target stores that you can only return an item without a receipt if it is under $20?????

I had a good trip to Target today. V-Day stuff 75% off. I also got two buffet servers, one for 75% off which made it $17.48 and one for $10.21 coz it was a display and didn't come with a box or instructions. I had already bought one for $34.98 when they were half price, so took it back and left with 2, cheaper than one. There were several display items on sale, I saw a kitchenaid food processor for $51.00, a small red kitchenaid food processor for $22.00, several crock pots very cheap. A Hamilton Beach Panini grill for $4.28. The wine refrigerators were still $69.00. GB was 50% off. There were lots of deals. I passed up a Sunbeam stand mixer, display model for $10.21. All in all a good trip. The Valentines Scrapbooking stuff scanned at 75% off too. Good luck!

If it is past the 90 day window and over $20 you are just plain SOL. If it is within the 90 day window and on your card, they can look it up and that is that. THey are very strict about the no receipt policy at every store I have visited. I have seen a lot of people leaving angry and/or in tears over it. I can't believe they let someone return a stereo without a receipt unless they were doing a receipt lookup. Not accusing you of lying, mind you, just wonder if maybe you didn't see the whole transaction.

Edited by lovetoshopCA

I saw all the above mentioned partyware - Elmo, Disney Princess, Hello Kitty, boy themes, etc as well as the generic favors being marked down today, but only to 30% - so it must vary by store... I ll have to head back soon and stalk them til they drop again! :)

If it is past the 90 day window and over $20 you are just plain SOL. If it is within the 90 day window and on your card, they can look it up and that is that. THey are very strict about the no receipt policy at every store I have visited. I have seen a lot of people leaving angry and/or in tears over it. I can't believe they let someone return a stereo without a receipt unless they were doing a receipt lookup. Not accusing you of lying, mind you, just wonder if maybe you didn't see the whole transaction.

I didn't see the entire transaction you are correct. She was a little old lady (bless her heart) and she did not understand a thing they were telling her! So by the time they started explaining it to her, I think they realized that it may take awhile, and opened another cash at the customer service desk. So by then, I had done what I needed to and I was outta there and she was still trying to figure out what they were telling her. O.k. thanks for the info.....I am very persistent though....I'll have to think of a new plan.:rolleyes:

Target has been in the news alot lately. Last night they aired a story about how target has one of the best forensic csi labs in the country. They even help local police departments catch murderers. Crazy!! :eyepoppin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/28/AR2006012801268.html

Then tonight they ran a story about which days of the week have what discounts. I really hope not too many people catch on to this (not to be selfish, ok maybe a little) :)