Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

omg i went to my Target and the manager wouldnt do it...said it was "getting money for free" and the other manager that came up with him said to me that if they marked it half off then it would only be worth half off at Shutterfly!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

That rationale doesn't even make sense because when you get right down to it, everything bought on clearance is getting money for free. You are saving it over what it originally would've cost. To me, that is the same thing.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

I'm wondering if I'm at a disadvantage because I live in a tourist area. Near Disney. Anyone have any experience dealing with areas of high traffic. no need to clearance things if eveyone is buying.

I'd try visiting one in nearer to a retirement community on the outskirts of Orlando... My MIL lives in Clermont and I always shop down there because they have the BEST clearance deals.

Wow, looks like we may have a lot more competition in finding the deals GD'ers expertly hunt down. Target's markdown schedule just went main stream, this article was one of the main feature pages on AOL welcome page:

http://www.walletpop.com/2008/02/14/counting-the-days-at-target/

oh no! and notice the article that this one refers to: http://www.wisebread.com/tips-for-perimeter-perusing-at-target

totally refers to us and rips off Gator Pam's term "Perimeter Perusing!" (I'm assuming she came up with it...?)

if anyone reads this we may well have a lot of new members headed our way. :)

When GB was 30% off here I was able to get the tall brownish/blackish green vase for $13.99 it was the big one the sticker on it said it was $29.99 but for some reason the bar code showed it was 19.99 regular which was actually the shorter one I think. Anyway I grabbed 2

I also got the Chocolate leather bench for $87.XX it was $249.99 but since they didn't have any in a box they gave me an additional 30% off with the 50% off on it I was happy and it looks great I am using it as a coffee table.

don't fret. that article was posted on feb 5th and made its rounds on digg, and other social networks. I have been a hardcore clearance person at target for quite some time and the article reminded me of this, which is how I found this site.

I think some will read it but very few will actually follow through or interact. Just the hardcore junkies like me. :P So I think that it will if anything be a positive influence not a negative one.

I'm not worried - just really amazed actually that this GD thread is being referred to in articles. I know it sounds silly but when I'm here it seems like this little insular world, even though of course I know nothing on the net is really all that small anymore. But actually it would be fun to get a few new Marylanders on here to trade clearance tips with! :)

I'm not worried - just really amazed actually that this GD thread is being referred to in articles. I know it sounds silly but when I'm here it seems like this little insular world, even though of course I know nothing on the net is really all that small anymore. But actually it would be fun to get a few new Marylanders on here to trade clearance tips with! :)

haha, i feel the same way :yup: cept all the DE/PA people can really not start reading (cept the few already here...you guys are cool!)

I'm wondering if I'm at a disadvantage because I live in a tourist area. Near Disney. Anyone have any experience dealing with areas of high traffic. no need to clearance things if eveyone is buying.

That can be a problem...Try checking out another Target..Many of us visit several Targets...In fact the one closest to me isnt all that great..So I often travel to near by cities...

The Target ad today shows the GB at 50% off.

It went 50% off at my Target last Thursday. so I'm hoping for 75% sometime this week.

I saw that ad...I really hate that Target advertises clearance...Since the ad is good until next Saturday, I wonder if they will mark it to 75% this week? I guess we'll have to wait and see....

i found the Play-Doh Super Craft Caddy it was marked $13.98 but scanned INF and the cashier gave it to me for $2.98. I also found some Oil Of Olay Ribbons Body wash marked down to $1.84 and I had a $2.00 coupon so I got the body wash fro free. I also bought the last Kurve and Kone and they were both 75% off,but at the other store I go to the same vacuums were scanning full price.

can you tell me what the mm juices are i am not sure and i would like to try to find them

They are Minute maid juice boxes. The ones that have only 10 boxes in them are only .69 cents. They also have a 15 pack but those are regular price. The way to tell the difference is that the 15 pack has a big red 15 on the front of the container. Sometimes you have to search behind the front boxes to get to the 10 packs that are .69 cents. Just don't give up and keep looking.

thank you for your help i will go out checking tomorrow

Good Luck! I found my first packs a few weeks ago. I was beginning to think that they weren't real. After I found them the first time I found them everytime I went for about 4 trips but I haven't found any in my last eight visits. Remember they are the same length across (5 across) but the ten packs only have 2 rows of 5 boxes the 15 pack has three rows of 5 across, I hope that makes sense.

They are Minute maid juice boxes. The ones that have only 10 boxes in them are only .69 cents. They also have a 15 pack but those are regular price. The way to tell the difference is that the 15 pack has a big red 15 on the front of the container. Sometimes you have to search behind the front boxes to get to the 10 packs that are .69 cents. Just don't give up and keep looking.

also, it does NOT include the orange juice. generally only apple, grape or fruit punch. Right now the packs I am seeing also have 10 free Chuck E Cheese token ads on them.