Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

both of the wood parts are broken (only the plastic bins are ok)...i'm hoping that another store will have them and we can just pick one up...would the company replace both wood sides? that's basically the entire organizer:confused:

Call them and ask. I bet they will. I've had good luck with companies doing that.

I missed the part that the Shutterfly item was defective. How was it defective?

I don't think it was a defective item she was trying to get a price adjust first. They don't pice adjust clearance price. I know when I buy phone cards and it goes on sale the next week they won't even price adjust it.

I got DS a KidKraft wooden firehouse bookshelf last year through ebay. It was new in the box but almost a third of the pieces were either defective (badly drilled holes, etc) or broken. I called the company and they sent the pieces that I told them I needed asap. Well, when they arrived, they were all the wrong pieces but the right numbers, presumably because they had changed their piece numbering system since I got my shelf. So I called them back again and with no issue whatsoever, they sent me more replacement pieces for free, this time the right ones. With all that I ended up getting I could practically create a second shelf. They did not give me the slightest bit of a hard time. So if you can't find it at another Target, I say yes, definitely call them!

I don't think it was a defective item she was trying to get a price adjust first. They don't pice adjust clearance price. I know when I buy phone cards and it goes on sale the next week they won't even price adjust it.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure about buying the Shutterfly things but I ended up buying a few at 75% off because of this thread. I was glad I knew about them because I've ordered gifts that I had wanted to order for awhile at a fraction of the cost.

The Targets in Tucson are sticklers about PA's on clearance items. I don't even bother trying. Yesterday, I was at a different Target and found two sweaters at 50% off that I had bought at the Target closer to me at 30% off. I repurchased and then returned with the higher receipt. I saved around $10.00. :yup:

Back! Success!!! :D Returned the shutterfly with no questions or problems AT ALL! Amazing the difference between 2 Targets. Also returned the toy organizer...she even held it for us to see if we could find another one. They were only 30% off at this store, and only still had 2 left, both with damaged boxes...one was open and the wood was also broken, we took the other up to customer service and they opened the box for us to check out all the pieces...it was ok!!! DD was soooo happy :) Plus they refunded our tax for us even (2nd Target was in DE, first was in PA)...*sigh* happiness...

both of the wood parts are broken (only the plastic bins are ok)...i'm hoping that another store will have them and we can just pick one up...would the company replace both wood sides? that's basically the entire organizer:confused:

I did this for a dresser that I bought from Target. I called the number and it was a very easy and stressfree process.

My DH had to go to Target this morning so I asked him to check on the MM boxes while he was there (he had been with me a few weeks ago when I had found some, and I had filled him in on the great deal.) With specific instructions in hand, he went to the store and found 4 fruit punch MM's! I had told him to scan them to make sure and they came up 69c, so he bought them. He said he felt almost "dirty" taking advantage of the deal. LOL! Our youth group is gearing up for the 30 hour famine, and they need juice for the fasters so I am so happy that we've found some again.

RobD

I got a boys bed in a baG set. came with sheets, comforter and even a sham! it has sports logs on it such as MVP, ECT. Anyway ive been watching it since it came out last year sometime and it finally hit 50% off, even though 75 wouldve been better, there was only one left and didnt want to risk it... I love this set!

TARGET CLEARANCE ROCKS! :lolrun:

Is anyone from Champaign, IL area or shop at the Target in that town????????????

I was there over the weekend to visit my fiance while he is going to grad. school. I AM SOOOO JEALOUS of this store.

There was TONS of clearance...microwaves, wine coolers, mixing bowls, stationary, candles, football stuff, tons of photo frames, bedding, table clothes and other kitchen decorative stuff, curtains, curtain rods, fireplaces, shovels, lights (to hang on porches like little decorative latterns). So much stuff.

I have to comment on the mixing bowls because they are the best! I got a set a while back when I moved into my apt. I wish I had bought more at the time but have never seen them again. And there were 4 sets sitting there on the endcap! I couldn't believe it. The lids are different but can be used for dip, etc.

Wow! I am still really jealous!

Is anyone from Champaign, IL area or shop at the Target in that town????????????

I was there over the weekend to visit my fiance while he is going to grad. school. I AM SOOOO JEALOUS of this store.

There was TONS of clearance...microwaves, wine coolers, mixing bowls, stationary, candles, football stuff, tons of photo frames, bedding, table clothes and other kitchen decorative stuff, curtains, curtain rods, fireplaces, shovels, lights (to hang on porches like little decorative latterns). So much stuff.

I have to comment on the mixing bowls because they are the best! I got a set a while back when I moved into my apt. I wish I had bought more at the time but have never seen them again. And there were 4 sets sitting there on the endcap! I couldn't believe it. The lids are different but can be used for dip, etc.

Wow! I am still really jealous!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll tell my Mom. She shops in Danville all the time, but sometimes goes on over to Champaign. She went to grad school there about 15 years ago too.

Stopped by Target today, Dollar Spot 50% off, and Glpbal Bazar 30% off.

Mine too. :D There was lots of Valentine's stuff in ther dollar spot. If anyone is needing any V-day bags or cards there were lots left. Also, got Polly Pocket and Disney Princess UNO (kids love this game) for $1.58 ea. They were not clearance, just in with the regular UNO and other card games. Got some really funky bracelets in the jewellery section too....in the locked case, with red hearts and one with black hearts $3.48. They are really fun!

The Dollar Spot had some 50% off at one of my locations as well. Also picked up a pack of 4, 5 foot bamboo patio torches 50% off. Regularly $7.99 but paid $3.98, they much nicer then any I have ever seen for $1.00 a piece, they look very sturdy. They are much needed for BBQ's down south in the summer :)

Interesting...that makes Global Bazaar 30% off about 1 week earlier than last year. Maybe because of the early Easter? May be throwing schedules off a bit. Maybe because of poor sales.

I thought somebody said earlier in this thread that GB started clearance on Feb 10th last year. I just think it's odd to start clearance on a Sunday:confused:

I just found it. Here's the link

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?p=1093284&highlight=February+10th#post1093284

Edited by 4gr8girls
add

I thought somebody said earlier in this thread that GB started clearance on Feb 10th last year. I just think it's odd to start clearance on a Sunday:confused:

I just found it. Here's the link

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?p=1093284&highlight=February+10th#post1093284

Hmmmm....going through the forum from last year, it looked like it went on the 16th.

Interesting...that makes Global Bazaar 30% off about 1 week earlier than last year. Maybe because of the early Easter? May be throwing schedules off a bit. Maybe because of poor sales.

What I have noticed is that because of the reasonable sales they were running on the GB, many of the items have sold through already. A chest I had my eye on sold out when it was on sale for almost 50% off. A large platter I also had my eye on was completely sold out in the stores when they had it on sale. I was glad I bit the bullet and bought it at the original price.

What I have noticed is that because of the reasonable sales they were running on the GB, many of the items have sold through already. A chest I had my eye on sold out when it was on sale for almost 50% off. A large platter I also had my eye on was completely sold out in the stores when they had it on sale. I was glad I bit the bullet and bought it at the original price.

I hadn't noticed. I am not as fond of a lot of the GB stuff personally. I occasionally like a few pieces, but maybe because we have Cost Plus as well as a LOAD of Asian furnitures stores in our area, I just don't get excited about it.

I am hoping that they compress the VDay clearance this year since they need to push Easter to the floor. Sure would be nice. I need some goodie bag goodies for DS birthday party. He is 5 this year, so he gets to have a big party. Gotta pay a big chunk for the party place rental (indoor playground since he REALLY wants a bouncer) so I need to save on everything else!!!