Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I got a Greatland childs sleeping bag for $2.48 Reg $9.99. I checked the Fisher Price papasan swings and the DPCI number is the same as the one that some people got for 75% off, but the one at the Target I go to is full price. Do you think they will mark them down here? Since all the other Targets have already marked them down. I also got a Cars fleece blanket Reg $19.98 for $2.98. When they rang it up it showed item not found and they let me name my price. 2 weeks ago I paid $4.98 for the Dora and Transformer blankets just like this.

So.. regarding expired coupons, can some of you experts here chime in.. I tried to use an expired coupon today, first attempt, and I got shot down by the checker. I thought I read here on the posts, that Target takes expired coupons... was i dreaming?

Dont know where you are in Southern Cali but Targets here generally will catch it and not take them...You might want to try a different store..Also try and look for a younger cashier..Like a teenager?? They are usually the ones that past them through...

Also make sure the coupons you are using are the expired Target Store coupons and not manufactured coupons...They dont get paid for expired manf coupons and they screen those heavily...Personally I dont use any expired coupons but I hope this helped...

Dont know where you are in Southern Cali but Targets here generally will catch it and not take them...You might want to try a different store..Also try and look for a younger cashier..Like a teenager?? They are usually the ones that past them through...

Also make sure the coupons you are using are the expired Target Store coupons and not manufactured coupons...They dont get paid for expired manf coupons and they screen those heavily...Personally I dont use any expired coupons but I hope this helped...

What part of Southern California are you in? I am in Oceanside and have a hard time with our targets in general.

Geez, I never have used expired coupons or coupons for an item I don't have but I often have a huge stack and have never, ever once even seen a cashier LOOK at the coupons, even for a second, so I don't think they'd have an idea if they were expired or not! If the register beeps as if to say it can't find the item, they just ring it in manually without question. Again, I always do have the item somewhere in my pile (which is normally huge the day I use coupons and my 10% off card) but still, they never ever question it. Maybe this is unusual...

I use them off and on, but generally I try to keep the date close to current. From what I have been told, they still get paid for those that are within about 60 days of current. I almost only ever use them when I have a stack of other coupons, and they are mixed in, and like these guys say, with particular types of cashiers. If there isn't a younger cashier, I generally chat with the cashier, and they often just keep going without looking.

I saw the Crock Pot in Ohio yesterday too.

I also saw a Sunbeam stand mixer reg. 69.99 for 17.48. I almost bought it, but I couldn't think of anyone to give it to.

Where in Ohio did you find the Sunbeam? Also, do you have the DCPI? I've been looking for a decent backup mixer and this may do it....

Found some of the MM Juice Fruit Punches today! I hadn't found even one in months! I was too excited! I was waiting on a woman to get out of my way to get to them and she was taking all day! She finally moved and I grabbed what they had-four of them! I soooo needed that! Found some sleepers for girls marked down (2 pak) to 3.xx and got the huge princess throw for 4.99. It didn't ring up and took forever for her to get a price, she came back and said 7.50 and I said I'd pass as I bought one the other day for 4 something....she said how about 4.99 and I said yes even though I know some GD's had gotten them cheaper recently! But I took it! I got two dora ones and my girls love them! Will be nice to have one in the van for trips! Other than that, not much to be found......

Where in Ohio did you find the Sunbeam? Also, do you have the DCPI? I've been looking for a decent backup mixer and this may do it....

It was in Springfield. I'm sorry, I don't have the DCPI. I should know better! I carried it around in my cart quite awhile. I should have thought to get the number off of it before I put it back.

Score on three packs of mm juice - YAY!!!!! Been a while! Found a 3-pack of holiday Softsoap that came up item not found - darn cashier rang in $3.50 - I said nevermind! Noticed the firebowls were down to $49.xx. Downy Simple Pleasures Fabric softener 50% off. Men's flannel pj bottoms 75% off - down to $2.49.

It was in Springfield. I'm sorry, I don't have the DCPI. I should know better! I carried it around in my cart quite awhile. I should have thought to get the number off of it before I put it back.

not a problem... just gives me another reason to get to Target :tongue1:

I saw the Dirt Devil Broom on clearance too. I got one for Christmas but am not real fond of it. I find it to heavy and awkward, but that's only my opinion. I did see that they had quite a few of the Kurve vacuum on clearance for $30 plus you will also get that $5 gift card. I passed on them because I have 2 of the cones and love them. They are so much better than the hand held vacs that have to be mounted to the wall.

Has anyone noticed if the Nostalgia Buffet Servers are 75% off, I bought one for 50% off but would like to have another if they are cheaper. I am in Missouri. I bought a really nice golf bag for $19.98, regular price $79.99. Also, two youth size leather batting gloves for $3.48 and two belts that go with baseball pants for $1.31 each.

There were a few different colors when I saw them. I'm not 100% sure which ones are on clearance. This is the information for the red one.

ASIN: B0009I723G DPCI: 072-07-0316

Thank You! It shows available at my nearest Target (45 minutes away) Guess I'll make a trip there this weekend to check it out. (Gives me a reason to go:) )

Today was my day at Target!

I picked up:

Black and Decker Toaster T4550 for 10.31 (as is, was the display)

Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer 12.21!!!!!!!! (as is)

Toastmaster Waffle Maker 50% for 19.98

Crystal Light was down to 3.98.

There was a tone of other as is stuff, blender, toaster oven, I don't remember the rest.

went to my store today and there was nothing but i am really looking for baby basics... but garage sale season is coming up.... posh nieghborhood here i come...lol

boy do I LOVE yard sales!! :) :) But I promised myself and my DH that this year the very first sale in our neighborhood would be OURS (so I have more room to store Target deals and other yard sale purchases, lol!)

I saw the Dirt Devil Broom on clearance too. I got one for Christmas but am not real fond of it. I find it to heavy and awkward, but that's only my opinion. I did see that they had quite a few of the Kurve vacuum on clearance for $30 plus you will also get that $5 gift card. I passed on them because I have 2 of the cones and love them. They are so much better than the hand held vacs that have to be mounted to the wall.

What is a cone? Is that a type of cordless vacuum? I need a good cordless!

Thanks

What is a cone? Is that a type of cordless vacuum? I need a good cordless!

Thanks

They are the new cordless vacuums that are out. They look like an upside down sugar cone. I can't post a picture but if you google Dirt Devil Kone a picture will come up. My mom got two of them for Christmas and loves them.

I have been watching a big jewelry armoire, some of them had gone 50% (maybe 75% on the smaller ones) some still listed as reg. price. I go in this week for my weekly check and all of the armoires are gone, every single one of them,even the displays, at both targets I check in Ma.? I asked an employee, who wasnt too helpful with her response of "they must have sold." Where did they go, anyone have any ideas? I couldnt imagine salvage but cant come up with any other thoughts. Do they store them in the back for next year? I was also told Target only sells jewelry boxes/armoires at Christmas time. By the way,I have to say I LOVE this thread! I cant even count the number of great bargains I have had thanks to everyones helpful tips!

I have been watching a big jewelry armoire, some of them had gone 50% (maybe 75% on the smaller ones) some still listed as reg. price. I go in this week for my weekly check and all of the armoires are gone, every single one of them,even the displays, at both targets I check in Ma.? I asked an employee, who wasnt too helpful with her response of "they must have sold." Where did they go, anyone have any ideas? I couldnt imagine salvage but cant come up with any other thoughts. Do they store them in the back for next year? I was also told Target only sells jewelry boxes/armoires at Christmas time. By the way,I have to say I LOVE this thread! I cant even count the number of great bargains I have had thanks to everyones helpful tips!

I'm in Wisconsin and I was watching the jewelry armoires also. Same thing happened to me, there one day and gone the next, no explanations.:eyepoppin