Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I missed out on the wagon too. I should've just sucked it up and bought it when it was over $40.00. That still would've been a good deal. Even at that price, I think I only saw 2 of them in all of the Targets I was visiting during that timeframe.

Got some more 75% off stuff today - kids' clothes, plus Thinsulate black gloves for boys and socks. In the baby section, I got a musical snail toy, Skip Hop bag, a suede diaper bag (messenger style) and a really neat Sassy playmat with an arch that appeared to be a return by the sloppy way it was packaged. The playmat set was only $7.50, down from $29.99.. I also scanned a Mr. Magorium book/sock monkey giftset for like the trillionth time and FINALLY it was down to 75%. I have no idea why those took so long but I was thrilled to find 2 left - one for each of my sons. :)

Got the Baby Trend Travel System - Serengeti pattern yesterday for 49.98! This is the same set that was only 30 off at this store the week before! So I was thrilled! It is on the target website and the DPCI is 030-09-0102! Heads up this one weighs a TON! I was shocked at how heavy the box was! They had just marked a ton of baby stuff (like clothes, socks, baby toys, etc down 75%!) So managed to get a few things there but not much-pretty picked over by the time I got there! Did look again just in case for the shutterfly but still no sign at the Nora store! And they had a ton before the other stores marked down....better luck next time.......Did find a few pop up at other stores for 75% off so that's a hit or miss.....If I take anything else home, I think my DH is going to kick me out! HA! :tongue1:

I think i'm obsessed w/Target now (thanks guys!)...hit up 2 today...found inline rollar skates for $5 at the first one (the cashier scanned them and then said "dang...really?" lol) :D I left the 2nd one empty handed :( I think i'm out of luck for the Step 2 Wagon...so upset! Also, no shutterfly at ANY of the Targets in my area!!!! what's going on?

Don't give up on the Wagon! I found one on Wednesday. Someone may return one.

I also scanned a Mr. Magorium book/sock monkey giftset for like the trillionth time and FINALLY it was down to 75%. I have no idea why those took so long but I was thrilled to find 2 left - one for each of my sons. :)

Funny you said that! I have been doing the same thing at my store. There is one on two different end caps and whichever one I get to I grab it and scan it. It is still 50% and has been since the toys went down. I guess since yours went down, ours wont be far behind! Thanks!!!

I found the one Shutterfly Calendar scanned 0.00 - they give it too me for $4.98. I would have loved to find the sesame street one. Also the smaller Indispensable dispenser for $4.98.

Katiesmommy01/afrey66 - keep checking for the wagons you never know if someone might return one or they might find one in the back. A year ago I lucked out with the big inflatable water slide, I kept searching and searching all the local Targets by me and nothing. A few weeks later I totally forgot about the thing and wouldn't you know it was just sitting high on top of the end cap. Very excited as they sell for $300.00 and it scanned $68.xx. Just keep checking and hopefully you guys will find one.

I am so excited- I finally got a playhouse yesterday for $32. When the girl took it off the shelf for me and price checked it, it came up $7.99 and I almost hit the floor, but then she realized that someone stuck a tag on it that was for something else. Oh well, $32 is still awesome I also got the barbie golf clubs for $9. I guess going to Target practically every day for the last 3 weeks finally paid off.

My store had the shutterfly items in the electronics section yesterday. They had the Sesame Street ones and I believe some keychains... I have never used these before, but I see a lot of people posting things about them. What exactly is it?!

Yeah, what's the difference between domestics and housewares?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I worked in retail many years ago... so, I think the two depts would be broken up like this:

Housewares would be dishes, silverware, small electronics such as blenders, mixers, etc.

Domestics would be bedding items, rugs, blinds, curtains, shower curtains etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I worked in retail many years ago... so, I think the two depts would be broken up like this:

Housewares would be dishes, silverware, small electronics such as blenders, mixers, etc.

Thats how I think of it...

I found the one Shutterfly Calendar scanned 0.00 - they give it too me for $4.98. I would have loved to find the sesame street one. Also the smaller Indispensable dispenser for $4.98.

Katiesmommy01/afrey66 - keep checking for the wagons you never know if someone might return one or they might find one in the back. A year ago I lucked out with the big inflatable water slide, I kept searching and searching all the local Targets by me and nothing. A few weeks later I totally forgot about the thing and wouldn't you know it was just sitting high on top of the end cap. Very excited as they sell for $300.00 and it scanned $68.xx. Just keep checking and hopefully you guys will find one.

Yes keep checking on those wagons !!! People are still returning toys, I saw someone come in 5 or 6 big items, smart easels, guitars..etc for a return ?!

I had a good trip yesterday. Got a 38 piece rubeermaid storage set $23.99 marked $16.08 scanned $5.74. Also a nice wicker lined basket $24.99 for $6.24. Lots of pack n plays for $10 and stollers for $17.48 at the Pheasant Lane Mall location in Nashua, NH

Ok, I was thinking that but wanted to make sure. Thanks! :)

My store had the shutterfly items in the electronics section yesterday. They had the Sesame Street ones and I believe some keychains... I have never used these before, but I see a lot of people posting things about them. What exactly is it?!

They sell books, 8X8 or 8X11, that in my opinion make scrapbooking easy. All you do is apply your own pictures to their pages and write, if you want to, something about the pictures. It is sent to you like your own book. I am currently making one about my parents who are deceased for my kids to remember them.

They also have keychains or mugs that you can put your own pictures on. My sister did the mugs for her kids. It's so cute because they all have their favorite pictures on them.

I hope this helps!

You are correct. I used to work for Target and thats is how they separate it.

Yep, housewares are more or less the "hardware" or tools type of things for the kitchen etc., and domestics are the "soft lines." Of course that doesn't account for things like blinds and curtain rods, but it is a decent description.

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been checking but almost feel like it's in vain. But I know you just never know what you will find in Target on clearance. :D

I agree, keep checking! I saw a few at one of my stores when they were $41.xx but on my next trip a couple of days later they were gone. I was completely surprised when I found one lone wagon on a back shelf with some tricycles long after the others had been sold, still marked $41.xx but it scanned $14.98. I can only assume it was a return. Good luck!

I think I have a problem...a Target shopping problem...:fluffy:and I blame all of YOU! I hit 2 Targets this morning, found awesome sale shoes for DD6 at the first one...Dora sneakers, soccer cleats, etc. all for $3.74 each. Found the cutest pink sneaks, mismarked, so they gave them to me for $3.74 instead of the $12.99 they were supposed to be!:eyepoppin Then I found a HUGE playdoh craft center...rang up item not found, the manager walking by gave it to me for $6!!!! YAY!!! Plus I found the Shutterfly marked $16.98 (calender), also ringing up item not found...he gave it to me for $9 :) I asked to get more, but he said no :( After I rang up I went and got another and went up front to pay for it (hoping to get it marked down too)...but the cashier just keyed in the $16.98 *sniffle* still deciding whether or not i should return it....thoughts? No wagons :( thanks for the encouragement though :yup:

It's easy to get hooked on looking for Target deals. I have been doing it for years and still love the hunt and the finds. lol

I would take back the one bought at $16.98 and show where they gave you the other one for $9.00 and ask them to adjust the price. If they won't then return it.

They were marking down a number of kids craft items and kits today. I was wondering if anyone bough the Clay Party or what every it was called from that stuff. DS1 was wanting to make some clay sculptures, but the clay his aunt gave him doesn't harden. I was wondering if anyone knows whether this stuff does or not. It is pretty cheap, so I may just get it anyway. But it would be nice to know.

I think I'm going to peruse Target at lunch today. I found a sweater for me on clearance (50% off) last week and really liked it. Now I'm going to go back for more in different colors. Of course, I will have to scour the entire store. lol Edited by afrey66