Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

BTW, is it endCAP or endCAB? Seems like people call it endcap, but I've always wondered if I've heard it wrong when I hear the workers talk about it. EndcaB would seem to make more sense if it were just an abbreviation for end cabinet. I don't know what endcaP would stand for??? If you say both of them, they sound very similar.

Very silly question, I know. It's cold here and the days are long with toddlers in the house. Guess my mind is just turning to mush and I have nothing else to do but think about silly questions. I'm just one of those people who sings along to songs using the wrong lyrics until someone says, "hey stupid, those aren't the words!" :D

BTW, is it endCAP or endCAB? Seems like people call it endcap, but I've always wondered if I've heard it wrong when I hear the workers talk about it. EndcaB would seem to make more sense if it were just an abbreviation for end cabinet. I don't know what endcaP would stand for??? If you say both of them, they sound very similar.

Very silly question, I know. It's cold here and the days are long with toddlers in the house. Guess my mind is just turning to mush and I have nothing else to do but think about silly questions. I'm just one of those people who sings along to songs using the wrong lyrics until someone says, "hey stupid, those aren't the words!" :D

having worked in retail my whole "career" (lol) I can tell you it is in fact endcaP.....but alas I still do not know why! helpful huh?? :cheesy:

having worked in retail my whole "career" (lol) I can tell you it is in fact endcaP.....but alas I still do not know why! helpful huh?? :cheesy:

THANKS! At least now when I say it, I can say it with lots more confidence and no fear that someone will say, "hey stupid, your not using the right word!" :blush:

I was so sad that I didn't get this game at Christmas...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Bdbw8U1aL._AA280_.jpg

I didn't see it on ANY of the Target toy clearance shelves even at 50% off! I figured it just didn't go on clearance. So I find one sitting on the endcaP today; scaned it and got $0.00. So, I figured I would try the old "name your price game" and see if it worked. Considering that the scanner came up with zeros, I figured it was part of the Christmas clearance and must have been a return. When the cashier asked me if I knew the price, I told her that I believed it was $3.74 from the toy sale a couple of weeks ago. No problems! I was very excited. I thought it looked like a cute game. I think it was $19.99 reg price, but I thought I would start low and go from there! (A bit sneaky I know.)

I always figured it was because those shelves "cap" the ends of the aisles....

but, for what it is worth, here is Merriam-Webster's definition:

Main Entry: end·cap

Pronunciation: \ˈend-ˌkap\

Function: noun

Date: 1983

: a display of products placed at the end of an aisle in a store

:)

I was so sad that I didn't get this game at Christmas...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Bdbw8U1aL._AA280_.jpg

I didn't see it on ANY of the Target toy clearance shelves even at 50% off! I figured it just didn't go on clearance. So I find one sitting on the endcaP today; scaned it and got $0.00. So, I figured I would try the old "name your price game" and see if it worked. Considering that the scanner came up with zeros, I figured it was part of the Christmas clearance and must have been a return. When the cashier asked me if I knew the price, I told her that I believed it was $3.74 from the toy sale a couple of weeks ago. No problems! I was very excited. I thought it looked like a cute game. I think it was $19.99 reg price, but I thought I would start low and go from there! (A bit sneaky I know.)

yes! It is a very cute game! Something that my little one can play as well as my 5 year old... great find!!

I always figured it was because those shelves "cap" the ends of the aisles....

but, for what it is worth, here is Merriam-Webster's definition:

Main Entry: end·cap

Pronunciation: \ˈend-ˌkap\

Function: noun

Date: 1983

: a display of products placed at the end of an aisle in a store

:)

Holy cow! I didn't even know it was a WORD! Here I always thought it was just an abbreviation. WOW, you truly do learn something new every day:fluffy:

Holy cow! I didn't even know it was a WORD! Here I always thought it was just an abbreviation. WOW, you truly do learn something new every day:fluffy:

I love the "date" on the definition - 1983. Guess it wasn't made up until then. I didn't have much in my piggy bank in 1983 or else I guess I'd have quickly learned what an endcap was!! lol.

A couple of weeks ago I found several pair of Black and Decker rechargeable electric scissors at one of our Super Targets. I had actually been looking for these since hearing about how great they are on "The View" quite some time ago.

Anyway, there were about 5 of them marked down to 30% off (reg. $20 down to $13.98). They are the GREATEST. They slice through those D#!@ toy packages and all their hard plastic in a snap. I haven't been able to find these scissors at any other Target store. Today I happened to see some in the tool aisle marked at $19.99. The ones I found on clearance were white with either green or blue on them. The ones I saw in the tool aisle are orange and black. They are both made by Black and Decker.

ANYWAY, I just thought I would mention them in case someone happens to see the white ones on an endcap anywhere. They are really great and worth $15-- especially if you have kiddos and are asked to open gifts encased with all that hard plastic that shreds your hands at Christmas and birthday time.

Fortunately, I found a couple more pairs (at the same store) marked down to 75% off just a couple days ago. So, I got mine for $4.98. I was pretty happy cause I think they were worth $13.98! But I haven't seen the clearance ones anywhere else-- only the orange and black.

These are amazing! I bought a pair, gave 4 for Christmas gifts and know 5 other people who bought them after I talked about them. I haven't seen any since before Christmas. If you see them grab them you will be glad you did. :yup:

Spent 2 hrs. roaming endcaps this morning at the Vogel location. I always feel weird b/c there are a ton of Target employees around but hardly any customers at all. Didn't find any of the sweater dryers that ppl mentioned. :( They had one Dyson still 30% off. Almost bought one of the gazebos at $20. but DH said we don't need it, lol. They had some boots and shoes 75% off. Got a pair of snow boots for $7.48 and DD regular black dress boots that she has been wanting a long time $4.98. Hope they fit. Will take her to try on some of the other dress shoes. I saw some luggage and things of that sort on clearance. Cute lil Hello Kitty vanity case and some backpacks.

These are amazing! I bought a pair, gave 4 for Christmas gifts and know 5 other people who bought them after I talked about them. I haven't seen any since before Christmas. If you see them grab them you will be glad you did. :yup:

I noticed that they had lots of them stocked in the tool aisle at regular price in the "true" black and decker colors (orange and black). They are $19.99. I think I would even pay that much for them. Not sure what the deal was with the colored ones that I found... must have been a decorative series they tried or something. When I first heard the ladies on the View talking about them, I went out and tried to find some, but couldn't find them anywhere. 'Course we are in the middle of the country, so it always takes a bit for things to "find" their way here!

Yes, I got one from Lowes for $20 last year and gave it as a Christmas gift. After seeing my brother with it this year at Christmas I wish I had gotten one for myself. Anyway, I was checking the end caps a few weeks ago at Target and found one in electronics in PINK at $13.48! I grabbed it right up. My DH was like "didnt they have any other colors?". :)

Yes, I got one from Lowes for $20 last year and gave it as a Christmas gift. After seeing my brother with it this year at Christmas I wish I had gotten one for myself. Anyway, I was checking the end caps a few weeks ago at Target and found one in electronics in PINK at $13.48! I grabbed it right up. My DH was like "didnt they have any other colors?". :)

Ohhh, I would have loved the pink one. They just had green and blue ones that I saw. But, for $5 I guess it doesn't matter.

Ohhh, I would have loved the pink one. They just had green and blue ones that I saw. But, for $5 I guess it doesn't matter.

this is really starting to sound like a perfect gift for just about anyone! even at full price. I know my fingers are still recovering from all the abuse to them done by Christmas gift opening!

Thanks to everyone for all of your great posts! I was able to find 2 of the Step 2 wagons for $14.xx! They still had more....but the sign above them said $41.98. Also, LOTS of webkins for $3.24! They make great gifts!

May I ask, which location for the store with the Webkins? Thank you.

I went to the new target thats 30 min. from me because the one thats 10 min. away was out of choc. poptarts (i took the last four :yup:) and thats the kind my teens like. So, I get 7 cuz I have 7 $.50 coupons and I got 4 family size doritos bags (on sale $3 each) they have a peely $ 1 off on 2 and I have 2 target coupons ($1 off 2) making them $2 each. Anyways, when she starts to scan my coupons she says "u can only use 1 poptart coupon", I'm like "What!?" I read to her what the coupon says, she goes to the other cashier and she also says I can only use 1. So, I ask for the manager, he comes and I explain to him ( in my loud voice cuz i'm mad now :mad:) that she doesn't understand the coupon and that she didnt want to scan the target doritos coupons either, at this she says "i already scaned THEM". So, he turns to her and says, "just scan them all". As I'm walking to my car I'm double checking the reciept and of course she only scaned 1 target dorito coupon :confused: so I make a shopping cart U-Turn back into the store and got $1 cash.:argue_mad

I'm turning my kids into Targetaholics! My 3 year old son asks me everyday if we can go there! He thinks it's a treat...better than McDonalds! :giggle:

that is tooo funny!!!:cheesy:my ds3 also is the same!! :yup: one day my husband was driving with his friend and my son was in the car; as they passed target my son said "lets go target!!" my husbands friend then asks where did he learn that? my husband replied that I always take him there, so now he always wants to go to target! his friend said "you need to break him of that habit!!!". i think my husband was soo embarassed!!!:blush: lololol:lolrun:

I went to the new target thats 30 min. from me because the one thats 10 min. away was out of choc. poptarts (i took the last four :yup:) and thats the kind my teens like. So, I get 7 cuz I have 7 $.50 coupons and I got 4 family size doritos bags (on sale $3 each) they have a peely $ 1 off on 2 and I have 2 target coupons ($1 off 2) making them $2 each. Anyways, when she starts to scan my coupons she says "u can only use 1 poptart coupon", I'm like "What!?" I read to her what the coupon says, she goes to the other cashier and she also says I can only use 1. So, I ask for the manager, he comes and I explain to him ( in my loud voice cuz i'm mad now :mad:) that she doesn't understand the coupon and that she didnt want to scan the target doritos coupons either, at this she says "i already scaned THEM". So, he turns to her and says, "just scan them all". As I'm walking to my car I'm double checking the reciept and of course she only scaned 1 target dorito coupon :confused: so I make a shopping cart U-Turn back into the store and got $1 cash.:argue_mad

You should informed the manager of that!! I hate when cashiers act like its their money out of their own pocket they are losing!!!!:mad::mad: