Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

poptarts are on sale and I used .50 coupon, paid $.52 (8pk). 8 lb. bag of Iams dog food 50% off, paid $4.67. collapsible bowl for $1.24, 1 gal. pitcher for same price 75% off. there is alot of mens clothes 75% off.

Where did you find a poptart coupon? I was so happy to find them for 1.02 that I did not even think to check for coupons. Oh well, I made up for it when I found the 10pk MM juices for .69. They werent even 'hiding' behind the rest they were just sitting there begging to go home with me:D

I found a super great deal last night while trying to teach my cousin the ways of Target:) The Target in Pinellas Park seemed to be trying to clear the last bits of clearance of the shelves but I still managed to score quite a few things.

I got some small K'nex car sets which were in the stocking stuffer section at Christmas time. The clearance tage said "Was 3.99 / Now 3.99" which I thought was odd and they scanned Item not found. I also found a Transformers Bumblebee Beatmix regularly 39.99 marked 23.78 and scanning not found as well. The cashier tried to tell me I had to pay the 3.99 for the Knex until I told her I didnt want them then. She sold me those for $1 each but when the robot rang up she let me have it for ONLY $3.74!!!! She asked if that was an okay price with me and I said yes yes, thank you.

My cousin was shocked that you could talk the cashier down like that. Poor poor girl, she has so much to learn about Target :)

This board is so interesting to me for more than just deals. I really enjoy reading about everyone else's experiences. I think if the Target upper management sees it they ought to use it for national training information! I have to say I am pleased to report that in 8 years of frequent shopping there, our Target never ever gives me a hard time about anything. They scan every coupon I have and go out of their way to get it all right, even when some of them don't come up right away. If an item doesn't come up (like yesterday with a non-clearance box of toothpaste!) they will often just scan a random $.98 item bar code they keep at the register instead to give you a good price, or else ask you what you recall the price to be and enter that. If anything, they all seem to be eager to HELP you find deals, not stop you from getting them. The managers are all always in a happy chatty mood as they zip around the store checking on things. And I in turn give them just about all my business for nearly everything! I honestly have never seen a disgruntled customer there in all these years. Our Wallyworld on the other hand, well don't even get me started! :)

This board is so interesting to me for more than just deals. I really enjoy reading about everyone else's experiences. I think if the Target upper management sees it they ought to use it for national training information! I have to say I am pleased to report that in 8 years of frequent shopping there, our Target never ever gives me a hard time about anything. They scan every coupon I have and go out of their way to get it all right, even when some of them don't come up right away. If an item doesn't come up (like yesterday with a non-clearance box of toothpaste!) they will often just scan a random $.98 item bar code they keep at the register instead to give you a good price, or else ask you what you recall the price to be and enter that. If anything, they all seem to be eager to HELP you find deals, not stop you from getting them. The managers are all always in a happy chatty mood as they zip around the store checking on things. And I in turn give them just about all my business for nearly everything! I honestly have never seen a disgruntled customer there in all these years. Our Wallyworld on the other hand, well don't even get me started! :)

I feel that exact way about ours, its a clean, friendly environment that I enjoy entering. The personnel are friendly and always helpful. I am with you on Walmart, the atmosphere is so different there. I do shop there since our Walmart is a Super one whereas our Target is just a regular one (even though I take those surveys and ask for them to Supersize it LOL). I haven't had too many bad experiences shopping (except Kmart yuck) but there is such a difference in the two stores in our area.

Have you scrapbookers seen the new scrappin' paper in the dollar spot. Sooooo colorful and springy!! Ribbon and stickers to match....all for $1!!!!!:D I haven't seen much scrapbooking stuff in the dollar spot before....or have I just missed it??

I am a scrapper also, I have found the dollar items each time they do a new set up. The supplies are usually sparse and don't last long. They have 12 sheet 12x12 paper, ribbon, stickers, the foam stickers, ribbon and other accessories. I have found cheerleader, sports, Christmas and fall sets in the past. The Valentine set is really cute, have you seen it?

I feel that exact way about ours, its a clean, friendly environment that I enjoy entering. The personnel are friendly and always helpful. I am with you on Walmart, the atmosphere is so different there. I do shop there since our Walmart is a Super one whereas our Target is just a regular one (even though I take those surveys and ask for them to Supersize it LOL). I haven't had too many bad experiences shopping (except Kmart yuck) but there is such a difference in the two stores in our area.

May I just quickly post OT here that I LOVE Montana and want to go back SO badly!!! I only was there for a week as a teenager but fell in love with your "big sky;" it is such a beautiful change from this mid-atlantic landscape!!

I am a scrapper also, I have found the dollar items each time they do a new set up. The supplies are usually sparse and don't last long. They have 12 sheet 12x12 paper, ribbon, stickers, the foam stickers, ribbon and other accessories. I have found cheerleader, sports, Christmas and fall sets in the past. The Valentine set is really cute, have you seen it?

I have seen the new Valentine's one!! :DSo cute and great price....DD8 and I are going to make her V-day cards this year instead of buying them. So I picked some up for that too! But I especially love the one they have out now, with the really bright flowers....it is kind of retro loking to me. I must always miss out on them. I don't get to Target as much as some of you lucky girls!!!:( Did you get some of the Christmas supplies at 90% this year after Christmas??

May I just quickly post OT here that I LOVE Montana and want to go back SO badly!!! I only was there for a week as a teenager but fell in love with your "big sky;" it is such a beautiful change from this mid-atlantic landscape!!

I grew up in Virginia until I was 15 when we moved here so I really know what you are saying about the different landscapes. I do miss the falls on the east coast though!

Did you get some of the Christmas supplies at 90% this year after Christmas??

I missed out on it but I my DS did give me a gift cert for a great place Archivers. Check out their website and if there is a location near you they have a huge clearance section, everything is $1.99. If you sign up for their newsletter they will send you coupons.

http://www.archiversonline.com/index.asp

Does anyone have the DPCI for the wagon and the link for the locator (I'm at work and have it saved on my home computer).

TIA :fluffy:

The site is www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/targetasin.php

However, this DPCI is showing the item as: Fender Starcaster Colt 3/4-Scale Acoustic Guitar

I missed out on it but I my DS did give me a gift cert for a great place Archivers. Check out their website and if there is a location near you they have a huge clearance section, everything is $1.99. If you sign up for their newsletter they will send you coupons.

http://www.archiversonline.com/index.asp

Thanks! I'm going to check it out.:DYou will have to remember for next year. Not many people think to look there...I got some really good stuff for basically nothing! Happy scrapping!!!!!:cheesy:

I TOTALLY agree about the atmosphere being different in Walmart. I can't explain exactly why I don't like even going in Walmart. Shopping at Target is a WAY more relaxing experience.

I finally got some of the deals everyone has been talking about. I got the Super Art Desk for 75% off on Tuesday. Today I got Family Guy pajama sets for $4.98 and plain mens pajama sets for 3.74. Then I got the Dora and Transformers fleece blankets for 4.98. I just wish they would drop the womens pajama sets down to 75% off they are still 30% off. Even the Nora & Nick Christmas sets.

Where did you find a poptart coupon? I was so happy to find them for 1.02 that I did not even think to check for coupons. Oh well, I made up for it when I found the 10pk MM juices for .69. They werent even 'hiding' behind the rest they were just sitting there begging to go home with me:D

you can go to target websight or afullcup.com if you want multiples :smart:

I have the UPC for an item (stroller) at my local target...is there anyway to check it daily on my computer to see if it went to 75%??? Its too difficult to go every day to my target to check if it went to 75% off... if so, how do I check it on my computer? tks

Unfortunately there is no way now to check the price online. And you definitely do NOT want to call so that you don't let a worker know what the price is. Unfortunately its one of those things you are just going to have to keep checking. The only thing we can check online now is availability and that is not fool proof either! Good luck!!!!

funny, I go every morning before work to the Brentwood Promenade store and also see another lady always doing the permiter game with me...sometimes, we try and outwalk each other to make sure the other person isn't getting the deal before we can scope it out...I am there every morning between 8:00-8:30 or between 12:00-1:00...:D Today I got two of the flannel sheet sets by DYR (purple with penguins and scarfs) for $4.98, found them in twin and full, a Transformers flannel throw for $4.98, a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Bathroom Cleaner for $8.xx after Q, and the Schick Quattro Razor for Women gift set for $1.58 after Q. Also, if you check their purse and accessories end caps, lots of clearance on the costume fashion jewelry, scarfs, hats, gloves, and purses..saw some really cute purses for $3.xx and got some Angora Wool socks for $.74, and some necklaces for $2.28 (orig. $7.89), Lots of clothes clearance as well. They did have the camping gear, sleeping bags, tents and such on clearance as well as the blue golf sets and golf balls, but no Hello Kitty. Dyson still holding at $339.00 and there is one sewing machine left on clearance for $36.xx, but has not case, booklet, or accessories..also looked like it was missing the bobbin holder..so I passed on that one. Nice clearance on candles and candle holders (from about $1.24-$3.xx) and were cute bird cage candle holder looking thingys. HTH

Do you have any additional information on the Transformers throw? I would like to get one for my nephew that is a Transformers freak. Thanks so much!!

I found some Webkinz for $3.24 today. I also ran across a few odds and ends that were clearly leftover from previous clearance: Lego Aquaraiders set $7.48 & Halloween Littlest Pet Shop set $.49 (had to tell them the 90% off price).

FYI if you are into the Esphera puzzles at all, be sure to scan them. SOME of the new ones are scanning at clearance price of $7.48. And the clearance ones show up sometimes on the shelf. I found a Disney one that is clearly new on sale today. I have also found the ocean scene and the fairy scene without red tags but marked down.

Also, if anyone's kiddos like the Breyer Mini Whinnies, there are 2 new truck & trailer sets. The one with yellow trim often rings up about 50% off. It must share a DPCI with the full size truck & trailer set that went clearance 75% off b/c that is the price it is coming up. They are $12.99 regular, but ring up $6.74.

Where in the store did you find the Webkinz? My daughter just discovered these and that really is a great price. Thanks for the information!

Unfortunately there is no way now to check the price online. And you definitely do NOT want to call so that you don't let a worker know what the price is. Unfortunately its one of those things you are just going to have to keep checking. The only thing we can check online now is availability and that is not fool proof either! Good luck!!!!

thank you....excuse now for me to stop at target DAILY!!!!! LOLOL:yup:

Where in the store did you find the Webkinz? My daughter just discovered these and that really is a great price. Thanks for the information!

I have only seen them in a few stores. They were an ad item very close to Christmas, but I don't think they all arrived on time. Anyway, they have been in toys in the clearance section. You might also look through the regular stuffed animals. To see what they have (and there are several) go on the Target website and search for Webkinz. the only difference is that the ones online come with trading cards or some charm. The ones in the store are only the animal with the code. Look for the big ugly Pokemon stuffed animals (really big and come in pink & blue), and if they have them, they'll probably be together.

I TOTALLY agree about the atmosphere being different in Walmart. I can't explain exactly why I don't like even going in Walmart. Shopping at Target is a WAY more relaxing experience.

If no one can say it, I'll say it for you: Walmart looks like a warehouse with its high open ceiling and itmes on the floor and customers who look like they just woke up ( messy hair, missing teeth, dirty old clothes) and Target customers just got back from a nice dinner out ( clean nice clothes, hair at least combed and nice make-up. The Boss once said she can go to both places on the same day and have two totaly different moods.

I have only seen them in a few stores. They were an ad item very close to Christmas, but I don't think they all arrived on time. Anyway, they have been in toys in the clearance section. You might also look through the regular stuffed animals. To see what they have (and there are several) go on the Target website and search for Webkinz. the only difference is that the ones online come with trading cards or some charm. The ones in the store are only the animal with the code. Look for the big ugly Pokemon stuffed animals (really big and come in pink & blue), and if they have them, they'll probably be together.

Thanks so much for the info, I will be checking my local stores later today!

A lot of the bikes are clearenced here - noticed some 50% off. Still a lot of sporting goods clearance left but noticed they are still marked at a higher price then what they scan for. Nothing else that caught my eye this morning.

Are the clearance bikes mixed in with the non-clearance, or do they move them elsewhere? Are they assembeled or in boxes? Are they new to clearance? Adult or kids sizes? I didn't see any last time. What am I looking for? TIA.