Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

They also had a Connect game that I got on clearance for $2.74 marked $10, she said it was $10 because they raise prices after most things are gone on clearance. ???????

That is actually true, believe it or not. Scanned NOF with the machine. I saw some of the leftover Christmas garden ducks and told a lady that it should be 90% off from Christmas, but when they scanned it with the price change team's PDT it was full price again. I think they do it to deal with hiders. But that is just a guess. They may see it as a way to foil at least some of them. Or it may be something else. They also sometimes bring items back in a following season. For example, they cleared out the toddler bedding sets (Thomas, Dora, Diego, etc.) in Oct/Nov. Took them to 75% off and got rid of everything. Then, they brought the exact same items back in January at full price. Not a different design, same item. Weird.:no:

I Thought I Missed Out On The Big Toy Clearance So When I Went Yesterday Afternoon To Return I Wasnt Really Hoping For Anything But I Made Out With Two Cart Fulls. I Bought The Barbie Clubs For 9.98 I Can Play Guitar Was 79.00 I Got For 19.98! I Also Got The Cranium Carnival Clubhouse, Incredible It Was 14.98 From 59.99! Oh Yeah And The Other Day I Got The Barbie Hot Tub Party Bus For 9.98 From 39.99 Many Of The Items Were Only Marked 30% But I Scanned Them And Almost Had A Heart Attack.

Wow! where in the world do you live? Maybe someone else in your area can get in on your leavings. :eyepoppin

I Thought I Missed Out On The Big Toy Clearance So When I Went Yesterday Afternoon To Return I Wasnt Really Hoping For Anything But I Made Out With Two Cart Fulls. I Bought The Barbie Clubs For 9.98 I Can Play Guitar Was 79.00 I Got For 19.98! I Also Got The Cranium Carnival Clubhouse, Incredible It Was 14.98 From 59.99! Oh Yeah And The Other Day I Got The Barbie Hot Tub Party Bus For 9.98 From 39.99 Many Of The Items Were Only Marked 30% But I Scanned Them And Almost Had A Heart Attack.

What Target were you at? Your location isn't listed. Were these Barbie Clubs the real golf clubs? If so, and you read my previous post you know I found one tonight and they wanted me to pay full price. Did they have more?

Thanks

That is actually true, believe it or not. Scanned NOF with the machine. I saw some of the leftover Christmas garden ducks and told a lady that it should be 90% off from Christmas, but when they scanned it with the price change team's PDT it was full price again. I think they do it to deal with hiders. But that is just a guess. They may see it as a way to foil at least some of them. Or it may be something else. They also sometimes bring items back in a following season. For example, they cleared out the toddler bedding sets (Thomas, Dora, Diego, etc.) in Oct/Nov. Took them to 75% off and got rid of everything. Then, they brought the exact same items back in January at full price. Not a different design, same item. Weird.:no:

That is strange! Do you ever see like computer desk or bookshelves go on clearance?

Planning a wedding isn't just a day...it's so much more! I am having to get furniture when I find good sales for my fiance's computer and bookshelves for all his books. Plus something for his tv he has .... so much more to list but no need to keep going - you get the idea!

That is strange! Do you ever see like computer desk or bookshelves go on clearance?

Planning a wedding isn't just a day...it's so much more! I am having to get furniture when I find good sales for my fiance's computer and bookshelves for all his books. Plus something for his tv he has .... so much more to list but no need to keep going - you get the idea!

They had a lot of furniture go on clearance in September, so maybe in a few more months you could get lucky. I know my parents bought a tv stand for next to nothing.

OT - Staples is having a 7 day sale with up to 50% off of furniture. You might want to check their site.

If anyone the St.Louis area sees the Barbie golf clubs under $26 please let me know. My DGD has started golfing with my SIL and would love these. Thanks!

I'll be going to some Targets tomorrow. I'll look for you.

I never go to the Vogel one during the day. Some of the managers and 2 of cashiers are nasty. (Esp. the cashier with the really big hair and fake tan.) I've had my share of run ins at that store. They wouldn't let me buy 3 jars of peanut butter because that is more than a normal family would consume. Whatever. I only go there in the evening of weekends. Never had a problem at those times.

I'll be going to some Targets tomorrow. I'll look for you.

I never go to the Vogel one during the day. Some of the managers and 2 of cashiers are nasty. (Esp. the cashier with the really big hair and fake tan.) I've had my share of run ins at that store. They wouldn't let me buy 3 jars of peanut butter because that is more than a normal family would consume. Whatever. I only go there in the evening of weekends. Never had a problem at those times.

Thank you for looking for me. I will be happy to pay you for the clubs and your gas if you find them. This is the 1st time I have had a problem at Vogel. I just left the other items in the cart and left the store.

How crazy is that to not sell something because the "normal family wouldn't consume..."

Who are they to say what is normal and since when it that a reason to not make a sale.:confused:

Thank you again for checking on them.

Too funny, what state are you in? I bought two of those in NJ the day the toys went 75% off and returned one a couple of days ago. I wonder if you got the return? If so, I'm really glad another gottadealer got it. It really is a great find, I just didn't need two (impulse buy).

Edit: oops, just saw your post that you are in MD. Just a coincidence. But great find!

Does anyone have a picture of this so I know what to look for? tks:cheesy:

Thank you for looking for me. I will be happy to pay you for the clubs and your gas if you find them. This is the 1st time I have had a problem at Vogel. I just left the other items in the cart and left the store.

How crazy is that to not sell something because the "normal family wouldn't consume..."

Who are they to say what is normal and since when it that a reason to not make a sale.:confused:

Thank you again for checking on them.

Wait a minute..they wouldn't let you purchases three jars of peanut butter..this may be one of the more bizarre I have heard. Was it because they were a really hot price..not that this should matter unless the ad says a limit..but this sort of blows me away that they told you you couldn't buy three jars of peanut butter. Am I missing something..lol..

OT - Staples is having a 7 day sale with up to 50% off of furniture. You might want to check their site.

They have instore clearance it is YMMV. Check out some of the other threads, I know there is one with a desk listed to look for. I can't remember if it is Staples or BB. Target just clearanced furnature before the Holidays. You may be able to check last yrs. archives.

I FINALLY got one of the great deals at Target that everyone but me finds. Thanks to all of the people posting about it I knew to look for the Super Art Desk and tonight I found it for $9.98. I don't think our Targets mark stuff down as quick as other Targets. Because I see stuff that people on here have seen for 75% off but at the 2 Targets nearest me they are usually 30-50% off.

Does anyone have a picture of this so I know what to look for? tks:cheesy:

Here's the link to the projector on the Target website. It comes in a similar-shaped box (long and narrow). Good luck!

http://www.target.com/Senario-Torpedo-Digital-Game-Projector/dp/B000EULXNY/sr=1-1/qid=1201091815/ref=sr_1_1/602-8491002-8427038?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Atorpedo%20projector&page=1

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Sorry so long...I just came back from the Vogel Rd Target and I'm so mad!!! A lady was returning the Barbie golf set for young girls. The real golf clubs with bag & accessories. It was returned for $8.xx. I check out the dollar spot then noticed the box in a cart outside the cust svc area.

I put it in my cart while I shopped. Scanned it and it came up not on file. Asked a clerk by the sheets if she could scan it with her price gun. She said it came up NOF also. There was a backroom tag and she said it scanned for full price. I explained I knew they had been on clearance so she suggested going to cust svc. I thought okay they just returned it so they will know the real price. There was a new young guy at cust svc I explained to him what was going on. He scanned the backroom tag and said $26.xx. The full price. I asked him if we could call a manager. He call the head cashier. I have heard her deal with people before and she never, never gives anyone a break. So she said no full price only. I asked for a manager, she called someone on the radio, I told her I would even pay 50% off if I could have them. She rolled her eyes! She talked to the mgr and turned to me and said no, full price. I asked her if I could speak to the mgr in person, she told me no, the best I could do was pay full price. When I ask her how could it be returned for 90% off and then tell me the price was $26.xx. She said "I don't know how it works but it is full price!"

I just shooked my head and walked away before I said something I'd regret.

They also had a Connect game that I got on clearance for $2.74 marked $10, she said it was $10 because they raise prices after most things are gone on clearance. ???????

Thank you for letting me vent.

If anyone the St.Louis area sees the Barbie golf clubs under $26 please let me know. My DGD has started golfing with my SIL and would love these. Thanks!

Sorry... I'm not in the St. Louis area, but the Target in Stow, OH had 2 or 3 of these sets... I was going to get them for my neice, but I didn't think she would use them. (other than to throw)

Wait a minute..they wouldn't let you purchases three jars of peanut butter..this may be one of the more bizarre I have heard. Was it because they were a really hot price..not that this should matter unless the ad says a limit..but this sort of blows me away that they told you you couldn't buy three jars of peanut butter. Am I missing something..lol..

I had a a store coupon and a manuf coupon. I would have gotten the pb for 25 cents or something and the pb wasn't even on sale. I was told I was not able to buy more than one because it would have been more than then a normal family would use. They even called the head of security. I laughed, as to speak to a store manager. He said she was too busy. (can you believe that??) I ended us calling the 800 number and CS guy even laughed it was so stupid. Anyway, CS called an talked to the manager and the staff was re-trained. Until the next week I went to get 5 packs of tuna with coupons. I got the same song and dance. I will only shop Vogel store on weekends and evenings.

I guess someone it abusing the coupon policy around here.

Live and learn.

They wouldn't let me buy 3 jars of peanut butter because that is more than a normal family would consume. Whatever. I only go there in the evening of weekends. Never had a problem at those times.

You should get those people's names and call the 800 number (or send an email). Particularly if you have just bought something and have a receipt that you can give the info from. Target generally takes that stuff seriously and people get disciplined for it. Sometimes fired. There is simply no excuse for that type of behavior.

Oops -- I see you did. I would KEEP calling. That is really insane. If they continue the behavior, they need to be called on he carpet. Oh, and DH uses peanut butter every day for his toast. We go through about 2 of those big jars a month!!

I had a a store coupon and a manuf coupon. I would have gotten the pb for 25 cents or something and the pb wasn't even on sale. I was told I was not able to buy more than one because it would have been more than then a normal family would use. They even called the head of security. I laughed, as to speak to a store manager. He said she was too busy. (can you believe that??) I ended us calling the 800 number and CS guy even laughed it was so stupid. Anyway, CS called an talked to the manager and the staff was re-trained. Until the next week I went to get 5 packs of tuna with coupons. I got the same song and dance. I will only shop Vogel store on weekends and evenings.

Live and learn.

OMG, that has to be the craziest policy I've ever heard. I always buy more than one of an item. I say I do "Noah's Ark" shopping and always buy in two. :) The stores get reimbursed for any coupons so I don't understand why they would even care. How do they know you are not shopping for a non-profit organization and trying to save them some money?

I'm sorry that you had to go through that.

I'm so bummed. I bought the Barbie golf clubs last week for 19.99. The last clearance sticker said 24.99 but item came up NF so the girl said how about 19.99. I thought that was a fair price so I said OK, now I feel like I settled too quick.

I'm headed to Target today after I drop DD at school I will keep my eyes peeled for the sewing machine for the other posters in AZ.

3 jars of PB is more than a normal family uses? That's absurd!!! I guess a family of 4 with two young peanut butter loving boys isn't normal then. Those cashiers would faint if they saw the vats of pb people buy from Costco. I'd really put up a fuss about that one.

3 jars of PB is more than a normal family uses? That's absurd!!! I guess a family of 4 with two young peanut butter loving boys isn't normal then. Those cashiers would faint if they saw the vats of pb people buy from Costco. I'd really put up a fuss about that one.

I was going to say they obviously haven't seen my 14 year old ds with a jar of peanut butter. That boy is still addicted to pb and jelly sandwiches! It just takes more than one to satisfy him now... lol.

Live and learn.

That is just insane! We have one girl at our store (who I believe is a CSM) who is mean and nasty like that; she's just horrible! People like that should not work retail :gdparanoid:

Live and learn.

I shop at the Vogel Target and haven't been very happy w/them either. I tried using a Target coupon and a manuf coupon on an item back in Aug. The cashier asked another cashier if they were allowed to take both and she said no. I had been reading on here about ppl being able to do that so I said I thought Target did. She said no. This was a cashier that is always there in the mornings w/short, kind of big hair and a tan. I think I know who everyone is talking about. She is usually nice but never shuts her mouth, lol.

The other day I was buying DD a shirt that was suppose to be 75% off. All the signs said 75% off but this shirt and the others like it had only 30% off tags. I even mentioned it to a couple of other ppl that had the same shirt in their cart. Well I go to checkout and I handed the shirt to her and said the sign says 75% off. She calls over the head cashier, a man and he says to type in 45% off after she scans it. I didn't say anything but later realized that wasn't right. It was suppose to be 75% off the original price not off of the 30% price. So I over paid around $1.

I can tell they have new ppl working the registers lately and I'm tired of all the screwups and miscommunications as far as clearance signs and the way items are marked and such. I dread walking into the Vogel Target now. Can't believe they would limit how much merchandise you could buy, absolutely insane.