Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

well i can say most of my purchases are with debit cards. I return probably 1/3 of what I buy. And often make returns from up to 15 receipts at one time. Never been turned down. I know things changed early last year, but they have no posted return limit. I have purchased under the circumstances you describe from Express/Structure and you can do so many at a time, but it is posted. Let Target try that and see what happens without anything posted or on the receipt.

I second that! I'm an impulse shopper too, and I've learned to buy it now instead of contemplating about it and losing out when I go back to only find the item gone. So I do a lot of returns too. I mix it up, sometimes I pay cash, and sometimes I'll buy on a different card than the one originally used to buy with the higher price. But I spend a lot of money at Target; I've have my Target card for 7 months and have already received (5) 10% off coupons. (Fortunately my husband doesn't know how much money spent that translates too). So without a return limit posted, I'd love to see them have issues if I'm returning with my receipt.

well i can say most of my purchases are with debit cards. I return probably 1/3 of what I buy. And often make returns from up to 15 receipts at one time. Never been turned down. I know things changed early last year, but they have no posted return limit. I have purchased under the circumstances you describe from Express/Structure and you can do so many at a time, but it is posted. Let Target try that and see what happens without anything posted or on the receipt.

most of these places don't post a limit. Someone on the thread a month or two ago had experienced it at Target. They wouldn't allow them any more returns. Chuck Schumer has introduced legislation in Congress to force companies to post specific limit policies, but there is currently no such law.

I also do a TON of returns, and haven't had a problem, but they have done it to people in the past. Don't have any idea what they base it on. I tend to specifically spread my returns to different stores to try to keep that part of it down. Hopefully it won't become a problem.

I tried to return a phone I bought about a month ago. I didn't have my receipt and just told her it was a gift. I was expecting just to get a gift card for the amount but she said anything over $20. had to have a receipt. So I ended up not getting it returned. Went down to Walmart and they took it w/no problems.

I found something that came up item not found. It is a Disney Princess fairy cosmetic set. Comes with lipgloss, nailpolish with some kind of a feather on top. Also includes a cosmetic bag. Cashier gave it to me for about 1.75. Don't know what the regular price was. Anyone seen this?

Yes - they went on clearance with xmas stuff - so down to 90% off....so I think the regular price was $5.99 and they went down to $.59.

I remember there was someone looking for the Vtech digital camera when the toys were clearanced. Make sure you check on the post with the newer ones. I found one with the case behind 3 newer ones. It wasn't marked clearance in any way but came up $12.xx. You should look for one with the case, the newer packaging includes just the camera. HTH

Thanks

For the person who was asking about the Def Lepard guitars, they are now $49.xx, 75% off at my Target.

Also picked up the B&D pressure washer and Stanley toolbox 75% off

that was me! TY I will stop and check on my way to work today! hopefully I idnt miss them by being away this weekend!

I went last night and got:

2 ultimate tanks for DD $1.48 each

1 long sleeved top for DD $1.24

2 Ultimate tee's for DD $2.48 each

Also got a High School Musical purse for DD 50% for $4.98

My store had a ton of the pack and plays and a few strollers left in the baby department.

I still have my eye on the Step 2 wagon. Just waiting for it to go under $40! :D

What is the deal on the strollers and pack and plays? What day do they do markdowns on baby stuff?

They do baby markdowns on Mondays.

I'm expecting kiddo #2 in mid-March. I don't need strollers, highchairs, etc. but I do need new things like bottles, pacifiers, etc. Do they clearance out the Advent brands of bottles? I remember a few years ago they had the Target brand Advent style bottles, which is fine with me. Just curious... I'm not doing a shower for the 2nd kiddo, so I need to buy these things myself and would love a steal... I mean, a deal. :D

I saw the Bottle Trainer Kits on clearance yesterday. I think they were 50% off, around $3.XX.

Okay we just ran to another Target and they were doing Baby Markdowns today. Out store is always a day behind the schedule on the first page of this post. They had marked alot of infants clothes to 75% and they were not marked last night when I was there. I got dd 5T pants for $.94 !!! There were still 2 pressure washer left and they had put out more toys since last night.

Also while we were looking through toys, DH found hadnheld games, no orange stickers on them hanging with the regular games,,they had Cars,Dora and Fairies...they scanned $2.48. They are called Beginner Gamer by Zizzle Electronics for ages 3+. The DCPI is 087021120 if anyone is interested. They are cute and have 5 different games on them.

Does anyone know if the strollers and pack and plays are marked 50% or 75% off.

I went to three different locations in Indy yesterday (Avon, Plainfield, and 38th street west) and The Avon store was wiped out of almost everything (shelves almost bare in the big ticket item dept-strollers etc), the 38th Street store had 50% off some of the pack and plays (I got the pooh one)but still only 30% off most of the other items I was looking for (bouncy seats etc). None of the pack and plays were down 75% off yet though! :( 38th street had the most when I was there yesterday but they had quite a few holes compared to last week-they were doing the mark downs at all the stores when I was there (morning through mid-day) I think plainfield still had theirs marked at 30 off...so again, 38th street is your best bet if it's near you and you want 50 off! They had about 8 of the pooh ones left!

15 & Frank Scott. baby gear was still 50% off today. They still have a TON of the "I can play guitar". I was happy to find a fisher price star station for $9.50!!!

The Star Station is great. My mother got this for my kids (and payed full price for it) and they spend hours singing and watching themselves on the tv. They don't care for the songs that come with it so I turn on my iPod (with the HSM soundtrack or Backyardigans) and sing and dance away! It's well worth the money!

If anyone finds out when the sporting goods go on clearance please let me know. I really want the plastic house that they have for my kids. I have been waiting and we have a few around here with them at 50% off and most with 30%. I am hoping sporting good stuff just jumps to 75%!!!

I saw one yesterday and scanned the code in and it was still 30%. I would LOVE one of those too for my son. We have nothing in our back yard!!!

i had the greatest target run of my life

it was like target gasm

i got

2 500GB HD's for 65

2 Def Leppard Limited Elec Guitar for 50

2 Pirate OF carribean for 3.74

1 Big Brain Academy Board Game for 4.74

2 Mossimo Plaid Shorts for 8.98

i finally knew what endcaps are.. this target was amazing, they had a lottttt of clearance items

barbie thrones were still at 50%

Just got back from Target. Most of the baby stuff, including pack-n-plays, clothes, blankets, etc, is still just 30% off. Did find some long-sleeve shirts & sweaters for DD 75% off. Clearance toys, including that playhouse mentioned above, is still 30%. Dyson vacuums are still just 15%.

Usually electronics - on the endcaps. I have seen them on the endcap at plainfield in electronic in like a black display box.

They are white boxxes (looks like a book) that has shutterfly written in like pink or green. They are for photos.

Did you find the ones you were looking for? Saw them marked 50 off but they only had the mugs, keychains, and the sesame street books-didn't realize they had different ones. (at the Michigan Road store)

quick question on price adjustments, I know this is probable mentioned somewhere else, but there are so many posts to look through...how long do you have to get a price adjustment if something you bought goes on sale?? NOT clearance, but sale. I bought a box of firewood, for almost 17 bucks about 10 days ago and they are on sale this week for $10. I know it's only $7, but every little bit helps right?? thanks so much:)

It's 7 days, sometimes you can get a cashier that will do it at the 10-14 mark if you are lucky.

What I've usually done is rebought and returned one of the boxes with the higher receipt. It's a pain but if it is on my list of places to go then it is worth it for me.