Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

alfrey66 is right, you really lucked out! I asked my mom again this morning about this (she's worked for Target for about 12 years) and she said it is a big no no! It is a company wide policy. No stores should be doing it. It would be madness! Could you imagine the lines at customer service everytime Christmas was marked down?! Good for us, bad for them!

Yea that is definitely YMMV...No way would either of the 2 stores I frequent do that...What most people do if they see a steep difference in something they purchased is just re-buy it at the cheaper price and return one of them with your original receipt...

My Target will PA regular sale items...With no problems...But not any type of clearance..Perhaps they couldnt tell the difference between a clearance or a sale price??

FYI--Opelika/Auburn Target shoppers. I saw a Rival Roaster Oven today. I did not buy it. When I scanned it the price was $14.95. The price on the ticket says $40.00 something. There was only one. It was there when I left at 1:30pm. Also, the leather kids chairs are not out on the floor, but when I put the DCPI it came up that it was in the backroom. I didn't have time to ask about it, but if you are interested I would ask. It came up at $17.98...I think!

HTH

I was there at 1:30 again today...and yesterday..who are you??? I know who the other gottadealer on this site is...we actually met on ebay and she introduced me to this fantastic site, and we meet up in the target isle on occasion...but I don't know who you are! :):)

I feel as if I am in a shopping coma right now! I hit the motherload at the two Targets I went to today. Coupled with the one I went to yesterday, I now have a mini van FULL of toys....lol I am so excited about all of my purchases. I actually got the items I wanted and then some!

Bella (I have NO idea what this is....lol) - $6.24

:)

I got the last one of those! so freaking excited...it's actually learning to dance with the princesses! The music and everything...super fun if you have a girl all into dance like my DD :yup:

hmmm, i dunno,,,,at one of the stores I went to today, they were pulling out pallets of clearance stuff from goodness knows where and were restocking the toy aisles with even more clearance items.

I was at the store in Watchung, NJ and they had just gone 75% on the toys. The employees were putting more and more on the clearance shelves and said that they had a trailer and 1/2 full of clearance toys that they still had to unload:eyepoppin

I got quite a bit but then had to go pick up kids from school. Of course, I am itching to go back tonight (but have a house full of kids)

Hate to mention this but they were putting out those Transformers 2 packs with both Bumblebee models for $4.98 today. I got a couple. They also started putting out a bunch of Star Wars stuff, but that was only 30% (checked at 2 stores).

I saw this today too. I had to do a double take as I was sure none of it was marked clearance yesterday.

30% in MI too!

Not sure if anyone bought the Barbie Island Princess Elephant with 2 Kelly Dolls. Anyway, I told my 4yo that she could pick anything off the shelf while we were shopping yesterday as long as she behaved herself. She picked that. It is ADORABLE! For $6.xx, it was definitely worth the price of peace and cooperation yesterday during our outings. Funny thing is that she didn't pick it until we were at our third store. She was completely oblivious to the fact that I had already bought it at the first store! It worked out okay though cause when my 6yo got home from school and found out about the great toy adventure, she immediately wondered where her toy was. So I was sort of forced to give her the option of taking the other one I bought OR the Barbie Fairy DVD doll/game. She and her sister are having a blast playing with those elephants and they are very cool! I never would have imagined they could do the things that they do!

Just thought I'd share that it (in my opinion) is a neat toy.

Yippee The store at the District (Jamboree and Barranca) went 75% on Toys, they have a Butterscotch pony if anyone needs it---lower shelf in a brown cardboard box, picture was not visable when I was there, so if you look closely it might still be there.

I got a Torpedo, which projects movies onto a wall (or games, digital pics, etc) originally $160, now $40, a Scene it for Harry Potter 2 $6.42 and some misc other items.

then I went to the Barranca and Culver store, they had a lot more stuff, including the Toyota 4x4 RC truck, now $15 (got one for my Dad to play with the grandkids), Elmo through the years, now $7.50, another projector for my sister, a Pirates of the Carribean Scene it for $6.45 and a Mad Gab for my DD for $7.??? They have a lot of toys stacked up on top of the shelving unit, so check there if you are looking for something. There were a lot of the Barbie throne chairs.

Have fun, everyone!

i was on a conference call with work and as soon as it was over I high talied over to the district (drove like a maniac from Fullerton and by the time i got there the shelves were all bare... only a handful of toys left :shock:

Total bummer, I thought I might of had my shot! But thank you for the heads up on Butterscotch.. I tried, I really tried...

:gdparanoid:

I was at my target today in WPB and you know what they took items that where 75% off yesterday took the red stickers off and priced them full price. The items included bratz racing dolls, and some soft puzzles that taught children how to tie a show lace I could not believe it.

my husband however found a John Deere remote control tractor for 24xx reduced from $99.00, and some more dress up cheetah girl items for my DD. for 2.48

Also found:

1. air cannon for 2.48

2. Barbie birhday dress -up. 1.97 It is like a polly pocket only larger.

3. two cheetah girl talking dolls for 3.74

4. Bratz computer speakers for 1.98

5. Bratz computer camera for 2.48

6. Bratz Chloe Hollywood doll that comes with a roll of film and a camera for 3.48

7. Cheetah girls black and gold boa for 1.48

8. WWE wrestler figure for 1.97

I was also happy to find the Hershy's kiss silicone pull a part cupcake pan for 3.74.

All and all not a bad way to kill 1 hour between doctor's appointments.

I was at the store in Watchung, NJ and they had just gone 75% on the toys. The employees were putting more and more on the clearance shelves and said that they had a trailer and 1/2 full of clearance toys that they still had to unload:eyepoppin

I got quite a bit but then had to go pick up kids from school. Of course, I am itching to go back tonight (but have a house full of kids)

Really?!? That's my regular store :)! After the kids go to bed, I'm on my way!!!

I was at my target today in WPB and you know what they took items that where 75% off yesterday took the red stickers off and priced them full price. The items included bratz racing dolls, and some soft puzzles that taught children how to tie a show lace I could not believe it.

They have done this before, but not usually so quickly. They had the Disney Cars Mack truck playsets (the ones that went to $4 this time) on clearance at Easter time last year (I was at my Mom's for a funeral and saw them when we went to town) for 30% off. She kept an eye on them for me, and I watched them here. For 2 weeks they left them, then they took the stickers off and bumped the price back up! They did the same thing with those Disney Mix Max things last spring. We watched and watched, but they dropped only to 50%. They pulled them off the shelves for 2 weeks entirely, then they were back at full price! So Weird!!

I had asked this question earlier, regarding the "I can Play Guitar" that I bought. Many of you had said it was a Fisher Price and needed cartridges. the one that I have is by Mattel, says plug and play on the front along with "video games teach u 2 play" for ages 6+.

I have a feeling that I do not have the same one that many of you are talking about....so...do I keep it or take it back?? Had bought it for a 3 year old.

I had asked this question earlier, regarding the "I can Play Guitar" that I bought. Many of you had said it was a Fisher Price and needed cartridges. the one that I have is by Mattel, says plug and play on the front along with "video games teach u 2 play" for ages 6+.

I have a feeling that I do not have the same one that many of you are talking about....so...do I keep it or take it back?? Had bought it for a 3 year old.

It is the same. Fisher Price is a Mattel brand. The cartridges are additional songs/games for it. It comes with one, but if the child wants to move beyond that single set of songs/games, you'll need the other cartridges. And you want to get them while they are clearance.

Really I think they should be allowed to do this, could you imagine working there and seeing all those deals and not being able to buy it til all of us went thru it. They were buying cartloads at the Boardman store but I think they deserve it first. Just my opnion.

Do I see you at the Boardman store??? Didn't get there til after work yesterday, but still got way too much.

did anyone find ANY of the barbie mp3 players?? I found lots of the changeable barbie faceplates or whatever their called for them..but there were no mp3 players for them to be found. employees probably got them all. I'm in need of two if anyone has extra to sell to me. thanks!

I got about 10 webkins for 2.47 each. if you see any and they say 9.08 tell the people at the register they should be 75% off. both cashiers too the 75% off the last price. i also got some of the bratz doll that were marked once but they took and extra 75% off.

i spent around 300 at target today and now i have to hide it from husband. i am waiting for him to leave for his off duty shift tonight to come and put it all away.

Yea that is definitely YMMV...No way would either of the 2 stores I frequent do that...What most people do if they see a steep difference in something they purchased is just re-buy it at the cheaper price and return one of them with your original receipt...

My Target will PA regular sale items...With no problems...But not any type of clearance..Perhaps they couldnt tell the difference between a clearance or a sale price??

That's what I did today. I had a few items that I repurchased at 75% off that I had originally bought at 50% off.

If I find them at a larger discount, GREAT! If not, then I was still lucky enough to get them on clearance.

I got the last one of those! so freaking excited...it's actually learning to dance with the princesses! The music and everything...super fun if you have a girl all into dance like my DD :yup:

Oh Yeah!!! I had forgotten about those! I bought one for my daughter and Goddaughter.

Thanks for reminding me. :)

Not sure if anyone bought the Barbie Island Princess Elephant with 2 Kelly Dolls. Anyway, I told my 4yo that she could pick anything off the shelf while we were shopping yesterday as long as she behaved herself. She picked that. It is ADORABLE! For $6.xx, it was definitely worth the price of peace and cooperation yesterday during our outings. Funny thing is that she didn't pick it until we were at our third store. She was completely oblivious to the fact that I had already bought it at the first store! It worked out okay though cause when my 6yo got home from school and found out about the great toy adventure, she immediately wondered where her toy was. So I was sort of forced to give her the option of taking the other one I bought OR the Barbie Fairy DVD doll/game. She and her sister are having a blast playing with those elephants and they are very cool! I never would have imagined they could do the things that they do!

Just thought I'd share that it (in my opinion) is a neat toy.

Thank you for the feedback on it. I bought one for my daughter because I thought it was adorable (and $6.xx, of course...lol).

I must say that my daughter did EXTREMELY well on our journeys today. I was very proud of her. :yup::yup::yup: