Amazon Toy Deal Discussion

alimfp

I have a question but not sure if it should go in this thread. With the deals here on amazon I am having to return stuff I had already bought to walmart. Some stuff I lost the reciept on and I heard you are only allowed to make so many returns a year without a reciept at walmart. Does anyone know if this is true and if so how many?

this varies from walmart to walmart. some say 3 per year, or per quarter, or just none at all, or none for items worth over a certain amount.

Well just got a notice saying that my last order won't ship untill Dec 26 and I'll get it aroung Dec 28-31. I am so mad :mad: (Two items aren't available till Christmas, apparently) I placed this order on Dec 11 and added something today.

Called and spoke with Nick at customer service -no help at all, wanted to charge me 28 to separate packages to get most of my order before Christmas (I said no) I wanted them to ship to me sooner for free like one or two day shipping so my kids could enjoy it right after Christmas. Got put on hold for 10 min while checking with supervisor and got another no.

I've emailed just a few minutes ago about the service I recieved and I'm not happy so hopefully I'll hear something.

I've placed 4-5 orders in the last week or so and spent quite a bit of money. With all the price adjustments I've called several times and added things to orders. Now this. And most of the last order was for my oldest son, not sure if I should just cancel or what.:(

Is it stuff that you could price match at another store? I think if you print the invoice,some stores that usually pricematch will honor it. I did that once at Walmart last year.. might be worth a try. I copied a picture of the item and the invoice with the date on it.. and they said "sure why not".. good luck!!

Ordered Mall madness for my daughter yesterday morning... Woke up this morning and got on the computer by 9am. Email from Amazon stating my order shipped in my inbox...

5:27pm this evening, heres UPS at my door with my Amazon.com order. WOW. (origonally said shipping wouldn't be here till 12/18). So you never know.

Ordered Mall madness for my daughter yesterday morning... Woke up this morning and got on the computer by 9am. Email from Amazon stating my order shipped in my inbox...

5:27pm this evening, heres UPS at my door with my Amazon.com order. WOW. (origonally said shipping wouldn't be here till 12/18). So you never know.

Do you have Amazon Prime? Or did you just use the free super saver shipping? I ordered 1 on Dec. 5 and it shipped Dec. 10 and still not here. Ordered another 1 on Dec. 11 and still not shipped out. I just used super saver shipping.

Do you have Amazon Prime? Or did you just use the free super saver shipping? I ordered 1 on Dec. 5 and it shipped Dec. 10 and still not here. Ordered another 1 on Dec. 11 and still not shipped out. I just used super saver shipping.

I just used the regular super saving shipping. I was absolutely shocked! Now my other two items are going to be shipping in a seperate shipment and they didn't arrive as yet.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how long these prices last? I really need the easy link and vsmile games to finish my DD3 for Christmas, yet I have no money today, lol!

A little trick I do when I'm in that type of situation, is I checkout like I'm paying with a check or money order. Then when I have the money, I change my payment type to whatever card I am using. I prefer to not use credit cards so I use my check cards instead. Therefore, I need to have the money in my checking account before I buy.

If you do this, it saves it as an order (for how long, I'm not sure) and then you still lock in to the great bargains.

My daughter's birthday is in June. I pretty much limit toy purchases to her birthday or Christmas. The way I look at it, I am buying her toys to last at least 6 months or longer. She cycles through toys like all kids do (gets bored with something and then plays with something else). I really focus on buying toys to accommodate her age for the next 6 mos to a year. So yeah, I spoil too on her birthday and Christmas. :) Besides, she's my only one.

Is it stuff that you could price match at another store? I think if you print the invoice,some stores that usually pricematch will honor it. I did that once at Walmart last year.. might be worth a try. I copied a picture of the item and the invoice with the date on it.. and they said "sure why not".. good luck!!

no unfortunately most of the items walmart doesn't carry (at least not on their website) :(

I am just so pleased with my Amazon deals this year. Granted, I only did one order and it only came to $26, but it was exactly what I needed to round out the gifts for my kids. My oldest (5yrs old) is going to love the Transformer stuff and the Power Ranger I got for him!

A little trick I do when I'm in that type of situation, is I checkout like I'm paying with a check or money order. Then when I have the money, I change my payment type to whatever card I am using. I prefer to not use credit cards so I use my check cards instead. Therefore, I need to have the money in my checking account before I buy.

If you do this, it saves it as an order (for how long, I'm not sure) and then you still lock in to the great bargains.

oh, thx, the deals went away, lol! But I found a lot more! I forgot about this forum, I don't know WHY cause it is better and easier to read:smart:. The need to put it in BOLD Capital LETTERS at the beginning!!! Just a SUGGESTION!!!!:D