Beware:RCA 8g mp3 player from Black Friday

Yakyma

If you bought the above mp3 player that they had on sale for 89.78 on Black Friday, you may want to consider returning it. My old mp3 died the Sunday after BF, so not wanting to wait, I ran to wal-mart looking to buy a new one. The sales associate was showing some to me and said oh, we still have a few of the RCA 8g from Friday's sale. Wow, 8g for under a 100.00, and RCA a brand name. Bought it and have since returned it, it was easy enough to set up and would have been easy enough to operate, but turning it on took several attempts, then going to the music and trying to play it, it would auto shut down, when I finally did get it to play it would not turn off when I wanted it to. Took over half an hour to get it turned off. I don't have time to mess with that everytime I want to listen to my music. I would make sure you know where that receipt was just in case you are giving it as a gift. Hopefully mine was just a really bad one. But I did want to warn all that may have purchased them.

:holiday01

RCA TV's have gone downhill ever since they began outsourcing to TTE. I never recommend them to anyone, especially the projection models. We've had replenishment on all the projection models (not just RCA) at my store turned off because we sell very few of them, and they usually get returned any way. On the off chance someone DID buy them, we emphasized buying the extended warranty :D

Now their MP3 players, we do sell a lot of the 512MB and 1GB models and have next to none returned. So who knows? Maybe it just depends on the manufacturing partner for the particular model.