Question for all you Amazon and Walmart Fans

WM has gotten a lot stricter about their return policy. It use to be they took everything without a receipt and gave you cash back or let you exchange the item for something else. Now you will be hassled without a receipt...at least in my opinion. Amazon is really good about taking your item back and issuing you a credit quickly.

I have returned without a receipt at my wal-mart a few times this year. I think they allow 3 a year and ask for a photo ID, I have my military ID and my drivers liscense, so I can technically get 6. I haven't had a problem at all with returns.

The only thing is, it must be in their system. If they scan it and it rejects it, then is when you will run into issues. What I would do is write down the UPC code from the amazon product and then go into wal-mart and make sure they have the item and the UPC's match, if they do .. then it shouldn't be a problem at all.

I agree .. I hate the idea of online returns!

I agree with justmel. Wal-Mart is getting really picky about their returns in my stores as well. Just recently I had to fight with a customer service person about a return and when she wouldn't do it for me I had to call a store manager and get him to tell customer service to approve the return. Also the UPC might be different on an item purchased at a different store. Last year my son got 2 robosapiens. He didn't have a receipt and we tried to return one and it wasn't found in the system for return so they wouldn't do it. We had to go get the other one and return that one instead - I knew one of them was purchased at Wal-Mart, LOL.

I am pretty sure Wal-Mart will stop taking returns without a receipt here real soon. A customer service associate told me last time that they were getting really strict about their return policy.

Definitely make sure you are returning within 90 days if you have a receipt. That was what my last fight was about. I wasn't aware of the 90 days because the receipt doesn't say anything and I tried to return some items that were right at 100 days out. I had to call the manager after cs flat out told me no. I explained that unless someone goes over to cs they wouldn't know about a 90 day policy because it is not on the receipt anywhere. Target and K-Mart both print the date on their receipts.

Its three every 90 days. But if you do a lot of stuff at once that only counts as one. I got terrible games at TRUs B2G1 and exchanged them at walmart for the titles i wanted. they want your drivers license but theyll do it. They will only give you store credit though. Also, a few years ago i returned something to target without a receipt. they game me credit but i had to spend it all in that items department. It was really weird.

I wasn't sure how easy Amazon's Return Policy was but I called them and they said no worries just refuse the shipment wow I thought I would have to at least accept it but they said no don't accept it and when it comes back it will go to returns and I will be credited and since I used GC from surveys for this order it will be a quick turn around for that

Hi Scott,

I'm sure your right. Sorry .. I should have never piped in. :)

You didn't do anything wrong with your post. You stated that you returned things to Wal-Mart without a receipt, and that is perfectly ok.

Now, had you stated that you constantly buy things from other stores and then return them to Wal-Mart, that would be a different story.

;)

Now, had you stated that you constantly buy things from other stores and then return them to Wal-Mart, that would be a different story.

;)

I know someone who practically shops this way all the time. At all kinds of stores. I understand doing it once in a while(because I don't like online returns either), but it kinda gives me agiada. I've been in a store when she's done it and kept expecting security to walk up or sirens to blare or something.