UPS mail inovations....gggrrr

Has anyone else had problems with this??? I hate it I have 2 packages from different stores lost in the mail....UPS "delivered" my stuff to the Post Office...WTH :gdangry4: So I have spent the better part of 2 hours on the phone dealing with this, only to find out that I have to wait at least 14 business days for them to even think of re-shipping through the same manner...I will never order anything when I have to use them again! I am so mad this is 4 Christmas presents for my kids and one of them a big one....ggggrrrr

Yes I have had the same problem. Once it supposedly gets to the PO they deliver it whenever or hold it and wait for you to come and get it. I always try to find out if this is how it is coming and try to ship via FedEx or DHL. I hate this UPS to PO crap.

I'm still waiting for a tv I ordered LAST year.:no: I finally had them credit my account. The "Princess" tv I ordered for my niece is no longer available so they couldn't send me another one. It was shipped UPS, then it says it was scanned in at my local post office. It never got to me. This city is NOT that big! how do you lose a 19" tv???? I was mad!!!! And FRUSTRATED. Because I was counting on that for a gift. Kinda stuck me LAST MINUTE SHOPPING!!!! I hate that in December.

Sounds like UPS Basic service, not Mail Innovations. Mail Innovations is primarily for 1st class mail, not packages.

Basic is a stripped-down version of UPS ground. Some packages to rural destinations are shipped to the USPS and they make the final delivery. Most UPS Basic packages are delivered by UPS right to your door. The company shipping the package made the decision to use UPS Basic to save money on shipping.

Do a Google search for UPS Basic to learn more about the service.

Fedex too now have a partnership with the USPS (called Smartpost). It is a cost saving deal that makes use of the fact that USPS delivers daily in residential areas. It is popular with shippers and carriers but not necessarily so with the poor recipient. Think before you go with the free shipping deals, USPS will be the way shippers make it affordable to them.

Sounds like UPS Basic service, not Mail Innovations. Mail Innovations is primarily for 1st class mail, not packages.

Basic is a stripped-down version of UPS ground. Some packages to rural destinations are shipped to the USPS and they make the final delivery. Most UPS Basic packages are delivered by UPS right to your door. The company shipping the package made the decision to use UPS Basic to save money on shipping.

Do a Google search for UPS Basic to learn more about the service.

I am not rural at all my location is in town and we have UPS, FedEx, DHL, ect.. at my job at least once a week. I have had one package dropped in the mail box at my office containing a $70.00 video game...no sign anything didn't even let me know that it was in there, if a co-worker hadn't checked the mail that day then it could have been gone...:no:

There is a tracking number on there but you can't really "track it" except to call the post office and ask them if it is in their system yet...and even then they can't tell you when it is coming at all. I called today to see about my 2 lost packages and all that they told me was that sometimes UPS will scan it over to USPS but it doesn't get to them for up to a week..:shock: Then they send it out from the post office and that can take up to 3 days. I have never had any of my online purchases come to me like this before and I don't like it at all. I will remember this when choosing shipping from now on.

I have all of my packages shipped to my job no one is there on Sat. to get the mail...so I will have to waist all that gas to go there tomorrow to see if the one package that hasn't been lost is there...ugh

• 6 months later...
Guest Yo Yo

My company uses Basic for it's deliveries. When UPS presented this service, they advised us up front of it's pros and cons. The retailer you bought this from knew UPS was not going to deliver the final mile to rural addresses, nor that the service would be the same as standard ground. FedEx does have SmartPost, but it is 100% delivered by the USPS vs UPS delivering most of the Basic shipments. I totally agree with the comment that you should evaluate the shipping options before selecting the "free" option.

We chose Basic purely from a cost perspective and that UPS delivered most of the packages via the brown trucks.

Hope this helps.

I had a problem with this once also with an order of seeds- like 20 packets of seeds that never came. The company I ordered from was very nice though and re-sent the order to me right away. The first order remains lost to this day

My company uses Basic for it's deliveries. When UPS presented this service, they advised us up front of it's pros and cons. The retailer you bought this from knew UPS was not going to deliver the final mile to rural addresses, nor that the service would be the same as standard ground. FedEx does have SmartPost, but it is 100% delivered by the USPS vs UPS delivering most of the Basic shipments. I totally agree with the comment that you should evaluate the shipping options before selecting the "free" option.

We chose Basic purely from a cost perspective and that UPS delivered most of the packages via the brown trucks.

Hope this helps.

Why would you bump an old thread?

Looking at your info:

IP address: 153.2.246.32

Reverse DNS: mirage3.ups.com

E-mail address: [email protected]

I can see why....

• 4 months later...
hi, I wanted to order some games from CC using the 'basic' shipping option but read here and on a few other sites that it's horrible. I was wondering how it was resolved. I don't care about having the items delivered super fast or anything since I have plenty of time before the holidays are upon us but I worry that it's not really a 'trackable' method (for CC basic shipping) and if the package gets lost I couldn't wait around for 2 months to get another package or to get a credit because they can't locate or the package was lost. Thanks.