Compaq notebook order --- WTF!

headlinenews

Valued Staples Customer,

Re: Item #: 718680 x1 COMPAQ PRESARIO C712NR NB PC

Unfortunately, the inventory on the "while supplies last" item you ordered has been depleted due to high demand. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. You were not billed for this item.

We do offer similar products that you may find suitable. If you would like assistance finding an alternate item please call our customer service team at 800-333-3330, option 2 or you can place your order at www.staples.com.

Thank you for choosing Staples.

Staples Customer Service

It's an email I received from staples. Basically my credit card has been charged and my order status showed the delivey date of 11/27. Of course, it's not there anymore, and I have not see a refund on my credit card

Just curious because I too ordered that same computer. How far along in the order process did yours make it to. Right now my receipt says processing. I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!!

it's not just the laptop. I got the same email for a flat screen HDTV that I bought for my husband (okay, maybe for me). I called today and they said they should have all of the orders processed by the end of tonight or at the latest tomorrow (time?) she couldn't even tell me if my item was available since they had so many pending orders. like you guys, I was already charged. Normally I would be upset, but it's not a big deal....another TV, another laptop..they'll be around. Last year I bought husband and son very inexpensive laptops on Dec. 7th at Bestbuy. The season's not over yet.

That may be what the e mail said. But what they MEANT was, " ...we found out we can sell this item now for more than we offered it to you for.

SO if you REALLY want to buy it, pony up another $ 320. Otherwise, we are out of stock.

I got the same kind of run around from Circuit City. First it was "in stock", then "out of stock" .

"Thank you for contacting circuitcity.com regarding items with a limited quantity. Depending on inventory availability, Circuit City may limit quantities per household on the sale of a particular item. Doing so helps us ensure better availability for all interested customers. If you were unable to purchase an item due to limited quantities, please check back with us, as our inventory is updated and expanded daily.

Unfortunately, the promotion was only valid for a specified time frame, and the promotion cannot be honored retroactively. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.To purchase any of our products, please call us at 1-800-843-2489."

So when it was on sale $ 320 cheaper, it was suddenly "out of stock".

The next day, the amazing delivery.... "in stock".

"Go ahead and kick that football, Charlie Brown. I PROMISE I won't pull it away at the last minute so you fall on your butt."

Just to provide some balance here...I ordered the laptop and free printer on Friday morning and received them both yesterday. Obviously, this doesn't excuse them not filling everybody's order, but it is worth noting that at least some orders are being filled properly.

Just to provide some balance here...I ordered the laptop and free printer on Friday morning and received them both yesterday. Obviously, this doesn't excuse them not filling everybody's order, but it is worth noting that at least some orders are being filled properly.

what time EST did you order your items?

i am not giving up with this laptop... i will do whatever it takes to get it... if i have to call FTC, i will.

this is just sooo unfair for the consumer...

they cannot reason WHILE SUPPLIES LAST...

why would they make the consumers "pay" for their own fault. they would not even offer any substitutes at all...