Pick-up item missing. Earn $24 GC

billcsho

I ordered two of those Wheel attachment for WiiMote for $2.99 each on Thursday. I went to pick up today and they found only one. Without saying anything, the manager offer me a $24 GC and refund the missing one. That is my best BF deal this year. :D

Hey you got off good. Same thing happened to me with Sims 2 game for $4.99 and I didnt get squat. I ordered the game and two expansion packs and cashier tried to shove two expansion packs in bag and hand it to me without telling me the game was missing (or adjusting my credit card). When asked about gc, the kid just said "thats only if you're here within 24 minutes'!

And don't bother calling customer service, they are located in Manila. Was on hold with them for 30 minutes this morning..got person who could not speak english. When I kept asking for her supervisor, she'd said "ok just one moment" and then COME BACK HERSELF! Happened several times. I have written a very nastygram to the CEO this morning, with carbon's to state attorney general and better business bureau but doubt it'll help. :mad:

Morale of story: Circuit City is only good if you don't have ANY PROBLEMS!

Last time my shipment was stolen in the mailbox. I called them immediately on the ETA date (2 weeks from ordering) and they told me to call back the next day since the day was not over yet. I called again, they told me to call back after 25 days from ordering because of the insurance policy. I called again on the 25th day and they said they will place a refund request but need the approval by the "higher" office and I should be contacted in 3 days. Three days later, I called again and they told me to call my local post office and it may be still on the way as it was within 30 days. Basically, the CSRs (except the second last one) just kept lying and gave different excuse. The second last CSR indeed submitted a request and issued me a case number. I got really mad at the last call and confronted the CSR with the case number for the refund request after her telling me to call the post office. Finally, she validated the refund request and I got a phone message 3 days after the last call that the refund was processed. Since then, I only order in-store pick-up.