Walmart $30 video rocker/chair QUESTIONS

mom2monkiesx3

Did anyone else get these that have TRIED them out? My husband is GONE for another 7 days and I picked 2 up today that had been returned to my store. I have no clue anything about them so I wanted to know if any Tech/gamers have tried them out? My boys have a PS3, gameboys, PS2, MP3's and Zunes...

Any reviews are helpful!!I don't want horrible chairs under the tree on Christmas day! Thanks so much!

Well I intended to get that rocker at walmart, but I did not make it in time.

DH went to BB, Kmart and Target. He bought ONE of each rocker that was on sale....I couldn't believe he found one at every store!

The BB one was onsale for 79.99 it had lights, big deal (they are infront, chair user cannot appreciate them.) It sat too upright--and there was only velcro to hold it together in the back--for 79 dollars!! The sound was pretty good. I took like 8 batteries total! It went back

The Kmart one was 69 dollars (regularly 99!) It held together well, was pretty comfortable, but the sound was very very staticky. The top chair back had very thin material, could easily rip if pushed against a couch or table eve. It went back.

The 32 dollar one from Target was the best!! :yup::DIt was originally 59.99 It is vinyl and it really looks like pebble leather, it is comfy. Sound seems great. He went back to 2 other targets later on BF and picked up another one (we fear younger DS2 could have a fit when he sees this and want one...) So if so, we will give DS2 the other one, when his birthday comes..

most expensive doesn't always mean the best. . I don't think the chair will last indefinitely, but probably a year or two.... It was a true pain hooking each rocker style and then repacking it nicely to return......ugh...

If your already opened boxes from walmart turn out to be scratched or something, but you like them, perhaps they will get some in and you could exchange. :)

I really like the X-Rocker thats on sale at Target this week. Regularly $99.99. Its on sale for $64. Very nice subwoofers/speakers on headrest of chair, has arm rests, and so many out puts for different systems. My son who is a gamer went nuts when he saw this in store so knew I had to get this one.

Well I tried it out and it is LOUD, it doesn't have armrest but my son is only 9 so I think it will work. We tried it with DH's MP3 player...my only gripe is the cord isn't too long and my DS room is pretty huge. (I thought it was wireless, can you tell I am clueless to all this "boy" stuff) but we will pick up an extention cord I guess...

Thanks for all the reviews, I am definatly showing DH that one on the most expensive one being the WORST!! ;)

oh i am glad you tried it out~~was thinking (and wishing) i would have. i left the two i got at my parents so to keep nosey kids from finding them ;) i opened the box to get a peek before i left and was satisfied with what i saw for the price but didnt think about trying them out lol. now i feel better that yours were in working order~~

oh i am glad you tried it out~~was thinking (and wishing) i would have. i left the two i got at my parents so to keep nosey kids from finding them ;) i opened the box to get a peek before i left and was satisfied with what i saw for the price but didnt think about trying them out lol. now i feel better that yours were in working order~~

YEah me too. I bought two of these today in Walmart for the BF price - they had a pallet full of them left.

The material and comfort (*yes I jumped in and rocked out*) was great IMO expecially for $30. Basically I'm considered that it is actually a speaker system as a freebie since you cannot even get the rockers for $30. It was GREAT and LOUD. My MAIN gripe was the short cord. One more I didn't mention that for some reason if we didn't turn the plug straight against the MP3 player the speaker wouldn't work..Like if it was tilted to the left the left speaker wouldn;t work...tilted right and the right speaker wouldn't work...BUT that is simple fix I just fixed the cord and about got knocked over from it being SO FREAKIN LOUD.

OH ANOTHER GREAT thing about them is THEY COME WITH HEADPHONE HOOKUPS TOO so I know that kinda defeats the purpose BUT if I am ready to kill my DS I can tell him to put the headphones in :D

Oh and it takes literally 2 seconds to have them together and running and that is for 2 moms that don't know much about all this stuff!! (My friend was helping out)

I thought I had a GREAT deal last year when I picked the chairs up on CLEARANCE for $125!!! Man, I should have waited another year!!! The $30 chair was the same as the one I bought last year. Anyways, they are great. My girlfriend and I have watched movies in them, played the X-Box in them, and listen to music in them. The only issue I have noticed is either the vinyl makes your back heat up or the speakers overheat and make the seat warm, but I'm guessing it's the vinyl making my back warm. The sound is great, especially on the racing games and the baseball games...feels like you are right there. Movies are awesome in them too!

We bought the 79 dollar one at best buy. Its still in the box. That is the only store I went to on black friday so that is why he got that one.. Oh we did walk into target then right back out because the lines were horrendous (worse then Best buy) I believe the box says its wireless.. Austin wil like the lights he likes stuff like that.. I will give you a better review after he opens it LOL:D

Well I tried it out and it is LOUD, it doesn't have armrest but my son is only 9 so I think it will work. We tried it with DH's MP3 player...my only gripe is the cord isn't too long and my DS room is pretty huge. (I thought it was wireless, can you tell I am clueless to all this "boy" stuff) but we will pick up an extention cord I guess...

Thanks for all the reviews, I am definatly showing DH that one on the most expensive one being the WORST!! ;)

go to the maker of the chair website and see if they have the wireless box that will make it wireless. The one that walmart sells can be made wireless. The maker of the chair has a wireless adaptor for 45.00 on their site.

go to the maker of the chair website and see if they have the wireless box that will make it wireless. The one that walmart sells can be made wireless. The maker of the chair has a wireless adaptor for 45.00 on their site.

go to www.thexrocker.com