so who got the emachines deal $200?

alwayz0npoint

i did, my bf went yesterday at 5pm (turkey day) and was 21st in line the kicker the person who handed out tickets for the ds's skipped the group he was talking to and therefore we didn't get the DS so ticked i'm gonna have him call the manager....

I was in line since 7 am on thanksgiving day so i was #1, i back home with 2 200.00 emachines, 1 sony laptop, 2 229 laptops (of course i was with my son, to obtain the tickets) and a lot of other stuff. But the store just open a week ago so it WAS A NIGHTMARE to obtain the items. So many people took the emachines without any ticket, but because i was the # 1 in line ;) the manager sent the security staff around the store until i have all my items. Thank you all in El Centro, Ca BestBuy 1113

I got both the emachine and 229 laptop....My store did something unique tho i believe....They gave out vouchers at 3am....NONE of the secret items, including the 229 laptop were vouchered!.....They let only people with vouchers in store at 4:15am to shop and let us check out at 5am when they opened the registers....once all voucher holders were out of store they let in the rest of the line....I must say that after waiting from 10am thursday it was wonderful to be in the store with only about 150 other people for that 45 minute period....Am curious if other BB's did it this way?

I got both the emachine and 229 laptop....My store did something unique tho i believe....They gave out vouchers at 3am....NONE of the secret items, including the 229 laptop were vouchered!.....They let only people with vouchers in store at 4:15am to shop and let us check out at 5am when they opened the registers....once all voucher holders were out of store they let in the rest of the line....I must say that after waiting from 10am thursday it was wonderful to be in the store with only about 150 other people for that 45 minute period....Am curious if other BB's did it this way?

The one I was at did not, but I do like how they did it. They opened only ONE of the 2 doors, and had 2 police officers standing there. It was literally single file to enter the store. No pushing, no shoving...it was great!

What a mess at the BEST BUY in Stone Mountain (Atlanta Metro),GA. I was like 35th in line and didn't get the E-Machine nor Toshiba laptop. The problem was people in front of me had no intensions on buying neither of the items. I'd say about 10 of them were selling there tickets to people in the back of the line. The Gwinnett County Police officer that was on hand as well as the manager passing out tickets said they had no control over that. WHAT A HOT MESS!!! People at the front of the line were also letting there friends and family cut the line so I will never do Black friday at Best Buy in Stone Mountain off west park Place Blvd. However, I did purchase the $379 Compaq desktop bundle.

hahahaha in my line... only the single white or Asian males towards the middle of the line. The store manager told everyone at the front of the line who were waiting since 2 the previous day in 25 degree Chicago weather that they weren't having tickets for them. We then found out that people in the back of the line got them all. I complained to the manager who told me I should consider myself lucky to get anything..... Needless to say, I have already emailed corporate and am looking into writing corporate and the regional manager with the promise that I'm not spending money there until that dickwad gets fired.

Oh did I mention that the front of the line was mostly female and Latino or Arab-American. I call shenanigans.

Guest CS.Dean

we had a few line jumpers. the desktops went exceptionally quick this time.

I saw a woman complain about not getting a ticket for a computer ( she was like 30 in line) and I was floored that she was given the expensive Toshiba bundle for like $299 after a heate conversation with the store manager.

hahahaha in my line... only the single white or Asian males towards the middle of the line. The store manager told everyone at the front of the line who were waiting since 2 the previous day in 25 degree Chicago weather that they weren't having tickets for them. We then found out that people in the back of the line got them all. I complained to the manager who told me I should consider myself lucky to get anything..... Needless to say, I have already emailed corporate and am looking into writing corporate and the regional manager with the promise that I'm not spending money there until that dickwad gets fired.

Oh did I mention that the front of the line was mostly female and Latino or Arab-American. I call shenanigans.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw literally dropped reading your post. That is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! Please write to corporate and complain. Things like this need to be stamped out.

I highly encourage you to do your BF shopping online. I shopped online Thursday and got some great things without having to camp out. This site has awesome forums and is wonderful on getting the word out when the sales start. You wont have to put up with garbage like you did on Friday if you shop online.

I cannot believe people still act like you wrote above. Pfft!:no:

Yeah, the amazing thing was that was only part of the negative experience. The manager limited the tickets to one per person... not per item, total. Everybody in line around me was handed the wrong ticket. They asked for the Toshiba $229 laptop and were given a random Toshiba coupon to one that was like $900. When they complained later, the manager told them the same thing. "Consider yourself lucky that you got something. There were people in line that didn't get anything." I still can't adequately respond to that without expletives. Also, they set up the store in like 5 minutes that morning. There were yellow arrows that led nowhere. I asked 8 different staff members for the same item, got all different responses, and eventually quit looking. You also just couldn't get answers from them. One of them told me that the GPS line was all the way on the right. So I get in line. My line buddy took over while I went to track down the manager. On the other side of the store, I see another line and ask the guy standing there if it's the line for the GPSs. He plays 20 questions with me, and I have to repeat my question several times for me to actually get a yes. It was the worst run Black Friday ever. This experience seriously almost ruined the whole day for me. But then I went to Michael's which was all calm and wonderful, was out in a few minutes without pushing or hair pulling.

Needless to say, I will never do BF at that BB again. Last year I had a great experience at another one. I'd say I'd go there in the future, but I am serious about never shopping in a BB until that guy gets fired.

I didnt get the emachine but could have DH and I were number 4 and 5 in the line . The people in front of us got thiers and the people all behind us got thiers.. We got the 379 compaq because of the dual processer for DS who is 19. The computer he has now is better then the emachine and he wanted the compaq. We did scoop up 2 sony laptops though:D one for me one for 17yr ds christmas gift. Now all I have to do is find a decent 26 or 32 inch LCD tv for 13 yr old. He didnt want a computer just a graphic card for the one we already has so I still need to get his big gift and didnt want any of the dynex ones.. I am hoping for a good sale from now till christmas:yup: He wants a HDTV for his xbox 360 system

What a mess at the BEST BUY in Stone Mountain (Atlanta Metro),GA. I was like 35th in line and didn't get the E-Machine nor Toshiba laptop. The problem was people in front of me had no intensions on buying neither of the items. I'd say about 10 of them were selling there tickets to people in the back of the line. The Gwinnett County Police officer that was on hand as well as the manager passing out tickets said they had no control over that. WHAT A HOT MESS!!! People at the front of the line were also letting there friends and family cut the line so I will never do Black friday at Best Buy in Stone Mountain off west park Place Blvd. However, I did purchase the $379 Compaq desktop bundle.

Next year come on over to Kennesaw with us! :)

The was thread on here asking if the 199.97 computer was a good computer for everyday use. Well my mother bought the computer, of course I had to set it up. But to my surprise it is pretty speedy considering it is a single core cpu at 1.6 ghz.

The Celoron 420 is basicly a single core conroe cpu. Works real well with vista prem. with every day tasks, the computer replaces a amd 2400xp cpu computer.:)

I was about 30 in line (was number 17 before people's friends showed up many hours later, but thats a whole other story) and got one only because someone at the begining of the line who took tickets to sell items felt sorry for me and gave me one. I camped out all night for that (and other items) and because people who claimed they weren't buying one took them all, I was almost out of luck. Will not be camping out ever again. Its no longer any fun. Folks are getting down right evil to get items.

We had 4 of us at BB this year. We ended up each getting a Toshiba, Sony and Emachine. And then we came back at 8:30 got another Sony that didn't get picked up. And we did not sell a single one on Ebay, all were kept by us or sold at cost to friends and family.

We spent 18.5 hours in line to get those items, it was really frigid as well. Our savior was our tent!